Capn Frank

Pirates of the Carribean 5 Sets Discussion

Image of Salazar for comparison;
piratas-do-caribe-5-novo-trailer.jpg

Seems the Brickheadz figure went with grey, light grey and white while the character is more black, dark grey and light grey.

The BrickHeadz Capitan Salazar reminds me a bit of the ghost Santi from Guillermo del Toro's film The Devil's Backbone.  

Guillermo-del-Toro%E2%80%99s-The-Devil%E2%80%99s-Backbone-%E2%80%93-A-Humanist-Ghost-Story2-300x186.jpg

A bit off-topic, I suppose, but it's one of my favorite films, and that printed cracked porcelain forehead piece certainly has a lot of undead potential for MOCs.  As far as the two figures are concerned, Cap'n Jack is a better resemblance to the source material.  Maybe it's just that we haven't seen Dead Men Tell No Tales yet, but I wouldn't have recognized Javier Bardem's character without a label.

Its getting shown!

C48ow1SWAAAPyFK.jpg
2qwiQlE.png

1a68d_Au0RKMs.jpg

71042_main.jpg

Seems to have a lot of cannons... a lot of cannons indeed

Official pictures are making me not like this - it looks bad :/

Edited by Scarilian

One thing I am happy with is the fact they have put multiple crew members of the Silent Mary in the set.  Not just one or two, if you look on one image you can see some mini figures in the background. 

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

One thing I am happy with is the fact they have put multiple crew members of the Silent Mary in the set.  Not just one or two, if you look on one image you can see some mini figures in the background. 

4 of the crew. Salazar + 3 others all named in press release. =]

When to expect the full range of HQ official images..

Edited by deskp

Ugh that Salazar looks cheap, and lack gravitas doesn't really convey the character seen in the film.

Clown hair, and lack of 2 faces...

Edited by deskp

Those tattered sails are a thing of beauty...and the minifigs are great...the printing on Sparrow's bandana is beautiful.

Not sure if I like the "chomping" effect, but for a ghost ship they did a pretty good job.

Where's the zombie shark?

Minifigure list!

Includes eight minifigures: Captain Jack Sparrow, Henry, Carina, Lieutenant Lesaro, Captain Salazar, Officer Magda, Officer Santos and the Silent Mary Masthead.

Full description:

This highly detailed Lego model with over 2,200 pieces features a hinged bow section, opening skeleton hull with decay and destruction detailing, movable rudder, collapsible main mast and two further masts, long bowsprit with crow’s nest and mast, tattered sails, detailed quarterdeck, plus a rowboat with two oars and an array of weapons and accessory elements. This model provides a rewarding build and play experience, and the integrated stand makes it suitable for display… Includes eight minifigures: Captain Jack Sparrow, Henry, Carina, Lieutenant Lesaro, Captain Salazar, Officer Magda, Officer Santos and the Silent Mary Masthead.

Edited by SodorBricks

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Kinda annoying that we don't have still pictures for them.

But there are pictures of all minifigs... here in gif https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/gpZTmlReLmvSmCaJgS4JWA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NTAwO2g9NzUw/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/c7c9cecab264d345201f86af3fe1a863

Just now, TeufelHund said:

Those tattered sails are a thing of beauty...and the minifigs are great...the printing on Sparrow's bandana is beautiful.

Not sure if I like the "chomping" effect, but for a ghost ship they did a pretty good job.

Where's the zombie shark?

Good point, I didn't see that.  The mini figures do look great, and by the looks of it the BP is still in the bottle.:look:  Also is the hooded figure a crew member or is the figurehead on the ship?

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Good point, I didn't see that.  The mini figures do look great, and by the looks of it the BP is still in the bottle.:look:  Also is the hooded figure a crew member or is the figurehead on the ship?

Figurehead.

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

I know but the images keep changing and don't give enough time to examine the details on the figs.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

I know but the images keep changing and don't give enough time to examine the details on the figs.

Download the gif open in in photoshop and u get all the images alone.=]

It looks pretty good. I'm not blown away by it, would have preferred a Black Pearl tbh, but I will pick this up at some point. The minifig ghosts look really good!

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

here in gif

Why someone would put them all into a fast-moving gif that doesnt let us look at the figures is just insane - Marcus Errico... WHY?

Decided to put them all together;
9Gn7YiZ.png

Just now, deskp said:

Figurehead.

Or maybe both?

While I'm not the biggest fan of the idea behind it (I would've preferred any other ship from the franchise basically), I think it is better executed than I had expected, and if I have the money to spare (which I doubt),  I'll be buying one.