Sign in to follow this  
ToaDraco

Discussion: LEGO Bionicle Makuta Contest

Personally, I just hope we get a plain black version of the MoUP. But this is getting off-topic.

Anyway, I'm going for a two-tone color scheme.

Elemental-colored spikes is an interesting idea but the only realistic way to achieve it would be having separate pieces that connect to the mask because a six-color blend (well, seven if you count black) just isn't technically possible and even if it was, I'm pretty sure it would look pretty gaudy. Not liking the design of MoUP is fine but basically insulting the designers' work because they didn't meet your unrealistic expectations is just childish.

That is what I was talking about, and it would be great for it to have those said spike pieces in black to show that the mask no longer have it's power.

Also you do notice I was talking about the Makuta model, not that mask with that video and meant as a joke of my thoughts on those models. If your talking about the "Not some Evangelion knockoff" how is that insulting, it literally look like something you would see in that anime.

I think the design with the Purple staff and offhand looks interesting enough as we haven't seen a loin-cloth like attachment on a Bionicle set before, and generally the texturing is more appropriate. I think the idea of the chestpiece used in JtO is neat, just not executed too well. We'll see next year.

Oh, and I actually really dig the MoUP design, looks really alien and out-there, like it's kinda unnatural, especially considering the theme of Okoto.

Ok.....the MOUP is a disappointment maybe for you, which is fine. Everyone likes different things. There's no need to insult the designers just because you don't like what they came up with.

This guy is renowed for being overtly negative about pretty much anything. I'd just leave him to it if I were you.

I'm planning on entering the contest as well. Probably gonna make a Makuta that looks like a cross between a megazord with each limb being made of a different element and Dio Brando with an emphasis on golden parts in order to give it a divine yet evil feel.

I'm planning on entering the contest as well. Probably gonna make a Makuta that looks like a cross between a megazord with each limb being made of a different element and Dio Brando with an emphasis on golden parts in order to give it a divine yet evil feel.

Essentially the opposite of mine, then. I'd considered that sort of multi-elemental theme, but I figured I couldn't pull it off. Maybe you could make your Makuta look like a giant version of the MoUP, with the limbs and head arranged to match the spikes and with a central disc to match the one on the mask?

Meanwhile with me, I was just making a normal titan for the heck of it to enter in this contest... but I did not expect it to be the size where it can easily get on my bed.

https://www.flickr.c...08/28326961970/

So then I decided to go all hell with this and made this:

https://www.flickr.c...08/28612010945/

Also could someone help me with making feet, it can easily fall over if not posed in a certain way.

I either build the feet myself or just use gadunka feet. Lol

I made two possible entry MOC's already, one is a king like Makuta with a custom MOUP built over Von Nebulas mask, and another is a throwback red and black style Makuta holding a custom oversized kraata. I think I would have a good chance winning this.

Edited by avatarbrickman

Essentially the opposite of mine, then. I'd considered that sort of multi-elemental theme, but I figured I couldn't pull it off. Maybe you could make your Makuta look like a giant version of the MoUP, with the limbs and head arranged to match the spikes and with a central disc to match the one on the mask?

Yeah, maybe. Thanks for the idea! I'll try that.

I'm planning on starting to build this weekend. I have a design I'm going for, but man; after playing Hyper Light Drifter for a bit, it's been giving me some ideas. Too bad we probably won't be able to submit multiple entries... I may have to combine my design ideas...

I've already have a WIP titan Makuta Moc built. I just need to wait for an order from Bricks and Pieces to finish it before I can post pictures. I don't plan on entering the contest but I do want to support it with a Moc. I could post the Lxf file if anyone is interested.

Looks pretty good so far, keep it up!

Thanks I think I'll also do a smaller moc in the same build as 2016 Ekimu just more evil looking and with Chi Sir Fangar's Cape

I've also started work on my entry tonight and it's coming along pretty well. My family and I are really liking how it's shaping up.

You guys are fast ! I'd rather wait for the contest to be officially launched before I start building, at least I'll be sure my MOC respects the rules. :sweet:

I've been thinking up some ideas of what I would like to build (and trying to figure out when I'm going to find the time to do so)

I'm really excited to see what people build for this competition too, the BFTGM competition brought out some awesome villains but this one is contained to one character, so it'll be interesting to see everyone's take on Makuta himself.

I'm going for black and tr. purple accents. And a high-collared cape for maximum classic villainyness :tongue:. Also, who needs eyes if you're planning to cover the world in darkness?

Alright then here is the lxf file. Keep in mind that not all of the 2015 parts are available yet So the Ldd version is highly unfinished. But its does have the general structure that the real moc will have.

http://www.brickshel...akuta_titan.lxf

Nice. Very compact and well-armored. A little too much gold, though, and those weapons are kind of underwhelming. Personally, I'd either give him a single, huge, dramatic-looking weapon or no weapons at all.

Edited by DraikNova

I've started on mine. He's got big chunky legs so far. Even if I don't win, I'll still end up with a model I love :)

I won't say to much about my model yet. Waiting for the contest to officially start to photograph it and reveal it.

Eugh, the head is always the hardest part of a MOC. I've got an oversized MoUP sort of thing going on right now, but I'm not too sure which prototype to go with and flesh out or whether I should just start over. Would anyone be interested in seeing what I have so far?

I've been working on my model for two months (I'm a slow MoCer!) since I'll be on vacation for most of the entry period; thankfully I knew it was coming =P. It's all ready to go, though I'm not satisfied with the photos I have now.

Most of it's pretty shoddy, but the mask design I've got going on is absolutely stellar.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.. it's always crazy.

I read somewhere that the Makuta model (or one of them) is actually a combiner model of some of the released sets, where was that comment? It's from today, I can't find it.