Littleworlds

[MOD] Ghostbusters Proton-Pack Fix

Just when they thought they were ready for their first Ghostbusting-adventure, Erin realized that something was wrong when she tried wearing her new proton-pack for the first time: She fell over! It was way too heavy!

dsc00198-colour-balanced.jpg

Luckily Holtzmann immediately started working on a fix. Unluckily for Erin, totally forgetting to help her getting back on her feet again…

dsc00201-cropped-and-colour-balanced-2.jpg

After a couple of hours of wriggling and cursing helplessly however, the work was done!

dsc00200-colour-balanced.jpg

No more falling over! Sadly by sacrificing the lovely printed domed tile-piece. But the increase in wearing comfort and the lack of losing balance makes it definitely worth it! And there are surely other projects where the pieces can be used for!

I knew this mod was coming, since I saw the first pictures of this set. The Lego designers basically replicated the same design-flaw as in the first Ecto-1. Just with a more fancy construction (which is, as it seems, at least slightly lighter) and new black ingot-pieces.

The results are nicely looking, but sadly totally oversized and unwieldy backpacks, which are simply useless for posing the Minifigures on anything other than a studded surface. Unless you want to pack them like a mule with accessories for their hands, that is.

This fix, while not quite as faithful in detail, are nicely proportioned and not as overwhelming as the original ones. And – most importantly – they allow our Ghostbusters to stand freely without any aid or counterweight. And finally I found some good use for the gold-coins I had leftover from the last castle-series. Dark grey or even silver ones would have been probably more faithful to the film, but I didn’t had any at hand. So what: building with Lego means compromises^^

Also, I guess this isn't the first time someone had the very same idea. At least to me this appears as a most obvious solution. And it does the job nicely! Anyway. I hope you find it useful nevertheless :classic: