But seeing it's a holiday train have we considered the worse? Yep a small engine in red and green pulling flat cars of trees... :(

And still that is one of the most wanted Lego trains ;)

Isn't that only looking at Brickset users' wants? How much of that correlates to LEGO's entire market?

The winter train is something that would be great! But just because it's winter themed, doesn't mean it has to have a holiday feel. A snowy steam locomotive?

...It's going to be festive. Why wouldn't it be? :tongue:

I can't wait to see what comes out..... hopefully we get more details soon!

It's great to get one more confirmation of the Winter Train set - although I trusted Nesquik's info from the beginning on! :thumbup:

So I'm excited about whether the second building alternative will actually include a small train station. Since on the one hand a train without train station would be really disappointing (and I can't imagine TLG selling a Winter Train Station in 2017 as a seperate set). And on the other hand I bet that the first building alternative is without a station - otherwise the station wouldn't be a real station or the set would go in the direction of 200 Euros which would very supposably be bad for sales for Lego.

Well, we won't get any more details nor pics before late September, I fear. (TLG is hiding info and pics more and more and longer and longer.)

Klaus-Dieter

*snip*

Well, we won't get any more details nor pics before late September, I fear. (TLG is hiding info and pics more and more and longer and longer.)

I'm actually more worried now that TLG might troll us again with one of those micro train builds like the Emerald Express...

:/

We can't know if it's going to be a full-fledged train set until info about the parts count or price get leak- I mean released.

Even a preliminary description would ease my fears...

I'm actually more worried now that TLG might troll us again with one of those micro train builds like the Emerald Express...

We can't know if it's going to be a full-fledged train set until info about the parts count or price get leak- I mean released.

Even a preliminary description would ease my fears...

No, Nesquik said it was going to be an Expert train so that won't be a micro set

I would say the Winter Train will be the locomotive (very similar to the Constitution), tender, and passenger car that was seen in the Lego Minifigures Game from late November 2014 through mid-January 2015. If memory serves me right, it was red and green but had a lot of pearl gold accent pieces. Knowing that the items the structures that appear in the game are based upon LDD creations, this train is already developed and just needs to be tweeked for marketability as well as playability.

I was in the process of planning a 'holiday train' build for my Winter Village, but if Lego is going to make a set like this, I will use that set and focus my energy on the next generation of my train MOCs for either my ghost town layout or develop my space train layout.

Edited by cgarison

I would say the Winter Train will be the locomotive (very similar to the Constitution), tender, and passenger car that was seen in the Lego Minifigures Game from late November 2014 through mid-January 2015. If memory serves me right, it was red and green but had a lot of pearl gold accent pieces. Knowing that the items the structures that appear in the game are based upon LDD creations, this train is already developed and just needs to be tweeked for marketability as well as playability.

Is this the one you're talking about?

EYfogCU.jpg

Edited by legonerd54321

Is this the one you're talking about?

Yes, that is it. And it is indeed a modified Constitution, but after seeing how well the Constitution trains have held up after being modified with PowerFunctions, this would be a no-brainer for TLG to use as their Christmas train.

I agree, the running mechanism of the Constitution is very well done, in terms of it just working, without any mods needing to be done to stop it seizing or derailing or anything like that.

That said, I'd appreciate a different style/body on top of it.

I think I'd prefer a Mytrains body instead of the constitution..... Don't get me wrong I like the constitution but it just feels a little lazy

Yes … it is engine 79111 with a couple of mods. Also the tender. Gave it my best shot for the ‘presents’ car. Are there any more ‘images’ of the rest of the train from that game? Like a tree car … or a passenger car or a caboose?

Edited by tiggrlee

Yes … it is engine 79111 with a couple of mods. Also the tender. Gave it my best shot for the ‘presents’ car. Are there any more ‘images’ of the rest of the train from that game? Like a tree car … or a passenger car or a caboose?

post-154517-0-39371600-1462517678_thumb.jpg

Nice job rendering the in-game locomotive and set. Should an official winter train become available, I guess my wish would be for a more conventional "everyday" livery of black (possibly with a special "highlight" trim) and adorn the locomotive, tender, and wagons with the requisite, but removable, holiday flair of wreaths, gold trim, and bits of white tiles for snow. In this way, the decorations could be removed for relevant operation outside the holiday season under the tree. It would surely be welcome to include dark gray (and red?!) train wheel housings. I like the white bits of "snow" adorning the track.

(But, what do I know about what makes $$ sense at the market? Any train... a good train. It's fun to speculate, and read of others' Winter wishes.)

-James

It worries me that the 3x3 on the lamp in that photo is an octagon.

The train looks nice, I prefer that compared to a black train.

Hello everyone, it seems like it is time for this topic because of the anticipation of TLG doing something special for the 50th anniversary of lego trains. Saying this please share any new 2016 trains here.

Thank you in advance.

TLG should release a special series for 2016 called "50 Years of LEGO Trains" and re-release classic LEGO Train sets.

TLG should release a special series for 2016 called "50 Years of LEGO Trains" and re-release classic LEGO Train sets.

I hardly see the point. Virtually all the classic sets are light years behind the quality of modern sets, so are unlikely to be of interest to anybody outside of the small group of hardcore classic Lego train collectors.

Also, lest we forget, the vast majority of classic train sets, powered or otherwise, rely heavily on parts that Lego no longer has the machinery to make.

What thye could do is re-release a classic set with a smooth modern look with PF possibility. like the 7750, the tender wagon could hold the battery box.

Edited by AlmightyArjen

Virtually all the classic sets are light years behind the quality of modern sets

You mean the opposite. Try building a MISB set from that era and compare it to todays plastic quality and lousy colour coherence :wink:

Nope. As a fan of actual trains

What thye could do is re-release a classic set with a smooth modern look with PF possibility. like the 7750, the tender wagon could hold the battery box.

You'd basically have to start from scratch on that. Sure, if they did a decent steam loco I'd totally buy it, but other than a black and red colour scheme, I'm not sure how they would make it look anything like the original set without alienating people who just want another good Lego set.

You mean the opposite. Try building a MISB set from that era and compare it to todays plastic quality and lousy colour coherence :wink:

What have you been smoking?