At this point, even a brief/obscure reference to the next train(s) randomly appearing in Lego Dimensions, or casually in a TV ad, or even in the background of a promo poster for something else would be greatly appreciated.

Even if they showed like first bogie's worth of the next train(s), I could climb out of my deep depression.

Time to buy some things for 2x vip points; I need an infusion of bricks........!

At this point, even a brief/obscure reference to the next train(s) randomly appearing in Lego Dimensions, or casually in a TV ad, or even in the background of a promo poster for something else would be greatly appreciated.

Even if they showed like first bogie's worth of the next train(s), I could climb out of my deep depression.

Time to buy some things for 2x vip points; I need an infusion of bricks........!

That would be nice! Lets see a clue... I hope

SPMD - Southern Pacific Morning Daylight I'm assuming.... And I'm pretty sure in my dream that the shop keeper said it was the patriot scheme... although I was hoping it was the Orange scheme - which could also make sense seeing as there are more orange bricks now since the HE.....

Man I just want an annoucement!!!

I like this shopkeeper... I hope he keeps his word

No pressure

Let's all cross our fingers. We've gotten our iconic American/British diesels, British electric and steam, now it's time for American electric or steam trains. And the Southern Pacific Morning Daylight is certainly iconic enough to become a set, people have already built numerous versions of it already.

That tram is actually the only train related project i supported as i find it way more likely to be accepted as a set than any train would. It's just small enough and has a wide appeal, especially with modular and town builders.

I would like an AFOL-targeted steam locomotive, and additional cars to go with it. I like the EN and own it, and have designed many different Emerald Night "class" locomotives (4-6-4, 4-8-4, and 4-8-2). I have modified my set to have a PF Train Motor under the tender, replaced some parts to give a more smooth and together appearance, and will lengthen the tender by one axle (about four studs). So while I do like the EN, it does need some creative work to be better (which can be a fun process).

I do like some aforementioned ideas about a 3-in-1 of a diesel, steam, and rail car of good quality.

I'd love to see a more advanced steam engine too, it's pretty much the main idea apart from a new F-class diesel. Maybe a proper 2-6-0 locomotive and a few heavyweight passenger cars, like the first 323 push along train to celebrate the 50th Anniversary?

I'd love to see a more advanced steam engine too, it's pretty much the main idea apart from a new F-class diesel. Maybe a proper 2-6-0 locomotive and a few heavyweight passenger cars, like the first 323 push along train to celebrate the 50th Anniversary?

By F-class diesel, I presume that mean the early American diesels that were run as A and B units? If so, I think that TLG should come out with a piece to properly and smoothly transition the nose to a more smooth shape. As seen in the below picture by wildchicken_13 on Flickr, the way to make the nose now does not have a clean or sleek appearance to it, but rather too blocky.

17083574621_18b96c2150_c.jpg

Something to make the corners of the nose fit in better is needed.

Blah blah blah...

Perhaps if TLG made a 2x2x2/3 smooth curved slope corner piece (studless) that would solve a lot of problems, and it could also be used on end cars of passenger trains (with curved ends or balconies, etc.)

Edited by TF Twitch

Train forum very quiet lately. Iv starting collecting super hero stuff. One train every 2 years is ridiculous :(

^Its gonna be three years since our last Creator Expert Train pretty soon... At least we have had a few City train releases to fill our time.

I noticed there was a Creator set without a picture on the Italian magazine Brickset leaked, I got all excited it was a Creator Train until I put it into Google Translate and realized it was just the Winter Toy Shop... Grrrrr.

Train forum very quiet lately [...]

Maybe because everyone's working ?! :sweet:

At least I hope everyone is right? :wink:

It's a shame Lego didn't make a Creator Expert train this year. I got into Lego trains with the Emerald Night and although I've disassembled it I think it's one of the best trains as it had the potential to get others interested in trains as well.

As I'm just making my own trains (I'm working on 6 engines right now) I don't really care if a new train is released as long as there still is a train range.

Nice place to work? What happened to the TGV Poste trains? What do they look like inside?

The TGV Duplex is rather spacious for the big.

Several wagon of the TGV Poste were destroyed, the others circulate.

Here is an image inside of the TGV Duplex:

France-tgv-duplex-stairs.jpg

TGV_Duplex_1ere_classe_salle_haute_01.jpg

TLG should just come back out with the Trains theme instead of being part of City or Creator. That way you can buy a train, either freight or passenger, and buy additional cars to expand it. With freight you would be able to make a mixed freight train, strictly coal, lumber, or whatever. A passenger setup would allow the addition of baggage cars, mail, dining, or just let you set it up in a way that works for you and your layout.

TLG should just come back out with the Trains theme instead of being part of City or Creator. That way you can buy a train, either freight or passenger, and buy additional cars to expand it. With freight you would be able to make a mixed freight train, strictly coal, lumber, or whatever. A passenger setup would allow the addition of baggage cars, mail, dining, or just let you set it up in a way that works for you and your layout.

That would be awesome..

I'm guessing it wouldn't work for them financially. If they thought it would, I'm absolutely certain they'd do it...

Maybe they should then incorporate more train stuff into the city theme like this:

#4**** Freight Dock Showdown

Help the Lego City Police track the crooks to their dockside hideout! Beware the crooks using the freight crane above to hide their stolen goods. Inspect the parked train cars to find out where the crooks are hiding! Watch out for their escape boat!

Or maybe:

4**** Oil Refinery Fire

Help the Lego City Firemen stop the oil fire! Arrive to the scene in a special Haz-Mat truck. Keep the fire from spreading to the parked rail tanker cars! Save the day with the Lego City Firemen!

That would get AFOLs to stop complaining about all the police and fire sets each year!

Maybe they should then incorporate more train stuff into the city theme like this:

#4**** Freight Dock Showdown

Help the Lego City Police track the crooks to their dockside hideout! Beware the crooks using the freight crane above to hide their stolen goods. Inspect the parked train cars to find out where the crooks are hiding! Watch out for their escape boat!

Or maybe:

4**** Oil Refinery Fire

Help the Lego City Firemen stop the oil fire! Arrive to the scene in a special Haz-Mat truck. Keep the fire from spreading to the parked rail tanker cars! Save the day with the Lego City Firemen!

That would get AFOLs to stop complaining about all the police and fire sets each year!

Those would be some nice sets, they seem fitting for the theme also

This is hilarious and a great idea - i really hope you submit it to Lego!