The Horizon Express is decent, it's just not what we've been looking for in a Creator Train. My ideal Creator Train would probably be a GE EMD ESC44 with a load of maybe 5-10 intermodal cars with containers, or a SP Morning Daylight. What do you guys want?

I loved the Horizon Express and have 2. That EMD to me looks like just another 'merican diesel and wouldn't get me excited at all. I guess that's a problem for Lego trains; a Ferrari has fairly universal appeal but Yurpians and 'mericans don't seem to like eachothers trains much. I would love to see a red and black German steam engine but I doubt that would sell well in the US.

The Horizon Express is decent, it's just not what we've been looking for in a Creator Train. My ideal Creator Train would probably be a GE EMD ESC44 with a load of maybe 5-10 intermodal cars with containers, or a SP Morning Daylight. What do you guys want?

a GE EMD could be cool! But I Don't see 5-10 cars happening unless you want to pay like twice the price of the maersk or some. although I don't see a Daylight happening. Those things are massive and rescaling it to 6 wide and even making it affordable seems to be pretty much impossible. unless LEGO won't design coaches for it but that would be pretty strange. unless you will get something like the horizon where you 'need' to buy two.

Christmas Train

Oh, it is like Emerald Express size. Not too bad, maybe a Santa minifig engineer would be nice.

Semi-related, have Lego said if or when the Heavy Haul cargo train will force 60052 off the shelves for good? I'm very disappointed that 60052 had such a short life compared to other train sets, and I am also disappointed that the new one seems to offer much less within the set.

I would love a steam engine, it's just that I find typical commuter rail trains to be kinda boring. They can be kind of cool, but for the most part, they're not built good enough as a set. But as for steam and diesel? I love it all. British, German, Russian, or American, they all have their own distinct styles and designs.

Semi-related, have Lego said if or when the Heavy Haul cargo train will force 60052 off the shelves for good? I'm very disappointed that 60052 had such a short life compared to other train sets, and I am also disappointed that the new one seems to offer much less within the set.

My guess is that 60098 will just coexist with the other two sets for a year or two before getting discontinued, like what TLG did with 3677.

Lame....................

I don't think it is lame, it think it is actually quite nice, but I hope we will still have 'real' trains soon.

I don't think it is lame, it think it is actually quite nice, but I hope we will still have 'real' trains soon.

yes me too. With the re-lease(almost) of 10199 toyshop, it would be great to have another winter village theme real train! :blush:

yes me too. With the re-lease(almost) of 10199 toyshop, it would be great to have another winter village theme real train! :blush:

No, I think its a pretty epic fail when my 5 year old thinks it's stupid.

The last winter train they did was nice and offered something to have something like this be called the holiday train?????????????? Nah..........

No, I think its a pretty epic fail when my 5 year old thinks it's stupid.

The last winter train they did was nice and offered something to have something like this be called the holiday train?????????????? Nah..........

I could argue that he probably also will think a Picasso, Van Gogh or Rembrandt is stupid ;)

That's pretty cool someguy, if we're getting a freight train again, if we don't get a steam engine I'd like to see something like this. It's real fascinating to see BNSF trains moving across through Table Mesa AZ from the hiking spots, and see them shuffling around on the sidings to let trains through.

I too hope the next train we get is either a steamer or a highly detailed diesel (ala the BNSF or Santa Fe) rather than something boring like another high-speed electric train.

Or how about a train in the style of the ones you see on the NYC subway, London Underground and other underground transit systems with the flat vertical front?

Something that has interesting colors would be great too (we have more than enough trains in red and white and yellow, we need trains in interesting colors like green or dark green or dark blue or something cool like that.

I would pretty much love anything at this point. It's just that a electric high speed short term transit train is about as boring as it gets, with everything streamlined, no details or greebles, and only seats in the passenger cars. That's why I love and desire to have a Santa Fe with a full set of passenger cars. It's a super interesting build, lots of detail, it had alternate builds for all the cars. The reason I don't like the Horizon Express is because the nose is built entirely out of large angled slope bricks. If it had a interesting nose build, I might've gotten it. And on the other hand, Lego needs to step up their game a bit. We need more Creator Expert and detailed sets, not necessarily any super large one. Like a small $30-$60 dollar Lego subway car or steam engine or high speed train with alternate builds and lots of interesting pieces would sell like crazy. And it'd give kids to try more difficult builds without breaking the bank. And more colors would be amazing, a blue lego Acela Express with some Amfleet cars would be a insta-buy.

Edited by Lego Dino 500

veranda_turbine.jpg

I'm down for that.

Then next year and year after they could do a DD35 and then a DDA40X Centennial.

Them turbines be kind of sexy.

It seems that those Union Pacific gas turbine verandas have a bit of that 60098 Heavy Haul Train engine style in them. At least the second generation ones. I believe the first and third generation have full cowl type body like the EMD F7/F9.

Feels like Lego has dropped the ball on that new yellow cargo train repainted red and resold deal. I hate when companies repackage something with different colors, small changes in looks, and call it "new."

What we need is another train set like the Santa Fe. (not the Santa Fe!) Something where you buy the base set with an engine and 2 cars then can buy optional cars and engines. Id say a steam set this time.

Base set: $200.00 includes PF remote control, L motor, AAA battery box, IR sensor.

Steam engine: 844, Daylight, some well recognized North American steam engine. Obv comes with tender so it does not count as a car ok.

Passenger car 1: simple passenger car.

Passenger car 2: end of train observation car.

Optional sets:

special car 1: can be built into a mail or luggage car. $40.00

special car 2: can be built into either a bar car or restaurant car. $40.00

special car 3: aux tender. $20.00

Is this post biased because this is exactly what I want? YES IT IS!

Is this post suggesting something doable that people would buy with prices similar to the Santa Fe when it was sold, YES IT IS!

Seriously id spend $380 dollars so fast on this.

That sounds like it could theoretically be some small steps toward a different business model. Maybe it could be a Southern Pacific Morning Daylight or a CB&Q Silver Streak Zephyr? Those could be cool. Especially if it gave you extra pieces for alt models like the articulated cafe and chair cars, or sleeper cars as well as the observation cars.

Hmmmm.... with all these re-releases....

What if they re-released the Emerald Night??

Ruby Night?

Sapphire Night?

I'm not sure I like this trend....

Christmas Train

eYEtesx.png

Lame? Not as a shopping give-away.

But I would rather have a christmas-tree ornament like last year.. december giveaway maybe?

Lame? Not as a shopping give-away.

But I would rather have a christmas-tree ornament like last year.. december giveaway maybe?

Indeed...remember it is a give away...we have had years that there were never any give aways when buying something....

If everything goes as planned, I should be getting two Holiday trains. And we always do get ornaments each Christmas, it's just that it's not the easiest to get or find in stores. And even as one set, it seems like a pretty decent polybag to go with your Christmas Village. As for what I'll do with two, it looks like the tender could make a decent gondola car and the second caboose could make a pretty cool passenger car.

Hmmmm.... with all these re-releases....

What if they re-released the Emerald Night??

Ruby Night?

Sapphire Night?

I'm not sure I like this trend....

re-release the EN? nah. it was expensive and didn't look right. the wheels where undersized and the boiler was oversized. if they would re-release it the boiler would need to be way smaller. the round front piece was to big and the attachment of the smoke deflecters was well, terrible! a new emerald night would need to be extremely modified imo. i can see it being a great set when you have 5 coaches and power functions but there are improvements possible.

<picture>

impossible. its way to big for lego scale and the 4 axle bogies would be eliminated due to the short baseplates and the problem with 4 axles on one bogie (3 is possible with one brick spaced apart, 4 wheels need to be straight next to each other. and i doubt LEGO will use things like sliding axles.