Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

[O-G04] Power Play

Tags: Civil Building, Science

Planet: Fractor V (aboard the Axle, in orbit)

Notes: This isn't really part of "The Invasive Species." Think of it as an interlude so that you all can finally use the bathroom after 4 weeks.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Interlude

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7 (Finale)

"Log date 704, this is Dr. Danielle Long, recording from the O.C.S. Axle, in orbit Fractor V, where I am reassigning the function of some underused Troop carriers. Our orbital factories have been churning them out since MANTIS's last treaty violation, but since we've returned to less overt aggression, I've been able to borrow a few. I've been informed that MANTIS is dealing with some kind of spider infestation, of late, and they can hardly muster an offensive, at the moment. I'm not one to underestimate an enemy, though. As they say, walk quietly, but carry a blaster. The situation on Onix is progressing well. We've released Ba'al Ba'al back into the Gongen Empire, where she is reestablishing communications with her previous allies. Octan has brokered a treaty between Ba'al Ba'al and her revolutionaries and the Nan-Nan tribe. Once I return with our drone peacekeeping force, we may finally be able to reason with the Oni-Ren."

Later....

"Status update. Ship transfer complete. The Axle's Hangars are full. I now will retire to the exercise chambers of the Axle to perform my required physical therapy treatment.... And considering recent events... Well... You never can be too safe, can you? Hmm. Why am I asking my logbook expository questions like this. Anyways, Dr. Long out."

Axle Exercise Chamber G+ Room 5

27915769743_0e82b21bed_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"I'm no proponent of violence as a means to resolve conflict."

27915765553_6f3f385f55_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"It's costly. Barbaric. Senseless."

28425711442_0b98411125_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"If only the Oni-Ren Queen could understand this. If only she listened to logic."

27915754033_871dc81a0d_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"She's forcing my hand now... refusing our generous offer... We've tried the carrot... And as much as I don't like it, we'll need to try the stick."

28453847301_9e3953ee24_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"With our peacekeepers, we can ensure minimal losses during the transition... But times of unrest are inherently unsafe... I need to make sure that this still works, for my own protection... Shame it never made it to development... Octan didn't see the utility, nor demand for such a product as the Chekhov's Gauntlet... But the prototype fits me like a... well, like a glove."

28531672245_7a07af70fc_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"I have confidence that with collaboration and logical discourse, we can end the suffering of the poor plague-ridden people of Onix... We simply have to remove one particularly stubborn obstacle."

28499674796_064d517764_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

*ZZZZ* *Thunk*

28453834271_2dd6b7be7d_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Ouch. I... I'm glad I chose against the higher setting..."

28247917960_3f62c41396_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

INTERCOM: "Is everything alright in there? What happened?"

"Just a slight weapons malfunction... But everything's fine right now."

INTERCOM: "We're sending a technician in there."

"Very well. I insist that we follow proper procedure after all. The door is unlocked."

28247912110_97d8fbac97_z.jpgPower Play by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Hmm. This thing sure does pack a punch. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of such might. Fortunately, the glove is on my hand.

Next week, "The Invasive Species" begins its climactic series with "And Clouds of White."

As always, comments, critiques, and criticism is appreciated.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Nice build! Love the punching bag, but usually they're suspended from the ceiling. :laugh:

Where are those arms from? :look:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Nice build! Love the punching bag, but usually they're suspended from the ceiling. :laugh:

Where are those arms from? :look:

Thanks! :grin:

...ummm... future? :look:

The arms are from Martin Prince in the Simpsons minifigure line. I got him on accident but quickly found use for him! :grin: the legs are from the male tennis player. It's the same gettup I gave Dr. Long in "Pipe Dreams." It's her athletic gear.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Wow, Danielle let her hair down! And she look really good in that sport outfit too. (I didn't notice it in “Pipe Dreams” but she was shown from behind)

Also very good figure posing and good metaphor for what's going on on Onix.

And I really like the look on her face after firing the gauntlet :classic:

This is a really nice little build. Have you ever done a build of what the axle looks like on the outside though?

Good build and story as well. I really like Dr. Long's athletic wear, the suit looks like it was made for her. The bruise on her face after firing the gauntlet is a nice touch. :sweet:

Wow, Danielle let her hair down! And she look really good in that sport outfit too. (I didn't notice it in “Pipe Dreams” but she was shown from behind)

Also very good figure posing and good metaphor for what's going on on Onix.

And I really like the look on her face after firing the gauntlet :classic:

Thanks! Glad you like the outfit! (I took pictures of her facing forward but must not have uploaded it.)

Thanks! Glad you like it and noticed it! :wink:

This is a really nice little build. Have you ever done a build of what the axle looks like on the outside though?

Not yet, but I do have a really really micro version....

28639806945_1550b2da04_z.jpgThe O.C.S. Axle by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Good build and story as well. I really like Dr. Long's athletic wear, the suit looks like it was made for her. The bruise on her face after firing the gauntlet is a nice touch. :sweet:

Thanks! Glad you like the suit!

The judges awarded you 4 points.

Thanks! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Neat scene man! I like the curved doorway and the different expressions on the figure, really brings the scene to life.