Hello!

Im glad to present my new model for LEGO Technic Porsche contest. I hope it will be published soon at rebrick =)

Porsche Carrera GT

800x600.jpg

Features:

- 1:10 scale

- realistic Carrera GT V10 piston engine in mini scale

- full independent suspension

- rear wheel drive

- HOG steering with working steering wheel

- openable door, hood and trunk

- rising rear spoiler

Video below shows some of these functions.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I recorded very simple video just for the contest, without any titles and sounds.

800x600.jpg

That is amazing! This model is instantly recognizable, beautifully built. Rising rear spoiler is a nice touch too.

Wow, it looks awesome, the rear lights solution is very clever!

Wow this is instantly recognizable. Looks like it uses some rare parts though.

Also noticed you seem to like V10 supercars: Your Gallardo, R8, and now this :thumbup:

Very cool car! Lots of really well thought out placements for paneling. Congrats!

Looks just like the real thing...

car-porsche-carrera-gt-model-year-2005-red-convertible-open-top-driving-B4CDF4.jpg

Edited by Lox Lego

Wow! It's beautiful :wub: :thumbup: As the other members said, it's instantly recognizable. Impressive how you catch the lines with a simple paneling (no crazy angles). Any plans to bring us instructions in the future? Also Do you have a photo of the interior?

I love coming to this forum time to time cause I'm always so impressed with MOCs like this :sweet:

Excellent MOC! All the details look very neatly thought out.

Plus, I don't think red is ever going to get old.

Impressive MOC, one of the best so far! For some reason I always thought the Carrera GT was a flat 10, always good to learn something new :)

Nice! No gearbox, but the amazing looks make up for it. Is the tan 3L axle with stop on the front meant to be the Porsche logo, because if it is, that's probably the most imaginative part use I've seen!

You have done some justice to this supercar of which LeMans prototype Typ 980 unfortunately didn´t make it into the competition.

I must say I like it way more than F. Hartley´s version (which I like very much too). Here we can see again how you can turn a handful of pieces cleverly into any car of your dreams! The builder´s skills have been improving to the next step – it´s clearly visible. A number of eye-pleasing details come together here which make the car just look right and distinguish this masterpiece from an average MOC. Who cares it´s red color and no gearbox. Everything seems to look like an “easy job” (it isn´t) – classy, solid, rigid, proportional, a decent and not intrusive color scheme. V10 engine is neat because not using the usual oversized cylinders. Adjustable rear spoiler is a cool feature. IMO the very best part are the headlights with short flex axles – an instantly recognizable face! I love the way how the front arches and hood are made – usually it´s a big problem due to wheels and suspension offset on flat supercars. Then the slight incline of the main body line. The dashboard is so clean and fits perfectly. Rear arches and side mirrors are not perfect, but who cares. Honestly, I didn´t like the “stairs” around flex axles in your previous models. Here you have used it again, but found overall better solutions.

Some bottom and side view picture would be nice to see.

Always fun to wake up and see something like this. Wonderful job.....

Nice! No gearbox, but the amazing looks make up for it. Is the tan 3L axle with stop on the front meant to be the Porsche logo, because if it is, that's probably the most imaginative part use I've seen!

I think it is just a 1x1 inverted round plate......not the top of an axle....and it is not tan, but like a burnt orange. The same piece that is in the middle of the steering wheel, only inverted. You can see the differences on image one and two of the post. Tan axles are exposed off to the side of the dash..... Edited by nerdsforprez

Thanks you all for feedback!

Instruction will be available after contest's end.

I dont want share many photos, because some weird units can be modified in final version...

After short break I will continue to improve this creation.

Always fun to wake up and see something like this. Wonderful job.....

I think it is just a 1x1 inverted round plate......not the top of an axle....and it is not tan, but like a burnt orange. The same piece that is in the middle of the steering wheel, only inverted. You can see the differences on image one and two of the post. Tan axles are exposed off to the side of the dash.....

You are absolutely right

What a cool model! Although Carrera GT is my favorite Porsche I didn't recognize it in your model at first sight. It was caused by red color because I've seen it in silver only. I also like how you made rising of rear spoiler - it's simple and looks accurate.

Yes. This one is my favourite so far. Great bodywork. You have replicated the looks so well

My compliments! Really looking forward to the instructions to build this.

Good luck in the contest!

this contest has some very high quality models, its gonna be very hard to judge the winner!

what happens to the winning entry?...does it get made into an official set?