Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Secret Enemies - Day Three

Trying something a little different, instead of a vote count, I'll just say if it passes or fails.

The government today has passed! Ralph and Anne are your two government officials.

Seems like I was just too late to vote...

As for next day's TCC, that should depend on the mayor. I'm for allowing the mayor to choose whoever he/she wants, to let us get a read on them.

Once we have some people that are probably town, that'll push others to probably scummy.

A part of the game is also knowing what card got tossed by the mayor before handing to the TCC. The more uncertainty there, the harder it is to evaluate odds of what the next mayor will get.

I'm quite convinced that by the time we go through the deck we'll see that at least one mayor lied about what they got. What will also be interesting is seeing just when we get a disagreement between mayor and TCC about what was passed. There isn't much to read into until those things happen.

Indeed, there's definitely going to be some inconsistencies between the mayor and the TCC which will help us identify who's who.

There are, broadly, two ways to spot scum.

The first is when someone knows something they probably shouldn't. Eg someone is certain about the card a mayor threw out, even though they can't have seen it. Or knows an investigation result as its announced.

The second way is when groups of people act together, here by voting. This is why we need more votes, for people to vote clearly and quickly. Missing votes obscures our information. Doing it deliberately may be a sign of scummyness.

This doesn't apply today obviously because everyone was going to vote for Anne anyway.

The worrying thing to me is: what if Josh is scum and deliberately discarded a town card, then "investigated" another scum - or worse, the Godfather - thereby ensuring that we would all trust the person entirely...

I guess if a Town policy is passed today then that will give me more confidence that Anne (and by extension, Josh) are town.

This doesn't apply today obviously because everyone was going to vote for Anne anyway.

The worrying thing to me is: what if Josh is scum and deliberately discarded a town card, then "investigated" another scum - or worse, the Godfather - thereby ensuring that we would all trust the person entirely...

I guess if a Town policy is passed today then that will give me more confidence that Anne (and by extension, Josh) are town.

True... although going with your theory, even if Anne does pass a town policy, that doesn't necessarily mean she is town. If the scum did want to "investigate" one of their own to make them look town and put them as TCC surely they would try and play around with policies, maybe get the TCC to pass a town policy, then a mafia one, and then maybe a town again, just to make it look convincing, if the scum TCC keeps on electing mafia policy after mafia policy it would look suspicious.

IMG_1159.jpg

"Oh, that's bad." Bob said as a second Mafia! card was placed down. A few out of frame characters from the Excalibur Mafia series agreed. Way out of frame, a character from Prohibition nodded his head in affirmation.

The streets appeared in dire need of sweeping.

"I'll get on that straight away." Bob said.

I received two MAFIA cards.

Alright, what about you ralph?

And did someone figure the odds of a pure mafia draw for the amount we had?

And did someone figure the odds of a pure mafia draw for the amount we had?

if the previous government are not lying scumbos, some reasonable odds.

There is (pending honesty) a 15 in 33 chance of drawing on two scum, one town policies,

A 4 in 33 chance of three scum cards. And half that of three towns.

We have a 12 in 33 chance of drawing two town, one scum cards.

In the case of two towns, Lindsey should pass both to the TCC, the need to pass a town policy very clearly outweighs the need to test the chair.

Annie could have been handed two scum cards because Joshua discarded a town or a scum card.

It's almost four times more likely it was a town card than it was a scum card.

Not a good look for Joshua. He has to claim a three mafia draw, but what will he say besides that?

Edit: Ralph, not joshua above.

Ralph is lying whatever he claims.

I don't disagree with you, but we know what Ralph is gonna claim, so how do you know he's lying?

Don't forget, there's an investigation result too.

But if we have very little confidence in Ralph, how can we trust who he investigated?

Don't forget, there's an investigation result too.

But if we have very little confidence in Ralph, how can we trust who he investigated?

Can't we discuss the investigation before it happens? I didn't, but I think Robert pointed out that I could have. We can't trust him, but it gives us some information anyway.

I'm going to leave this thread open until the next day is ready to go up. From now on, there won't be a night time.

Can we leave the day open until we actually hear from Ralph?

It's not so fun if some people just aren't playing the game.

I generally agree, but it does make sense that our host has to keep the game moving too. The level of engagement has been a bit disappointing.

Bob, has Ralph made his investigation choice or is that still coming? I would propose our first Mayor as the target as a possibility. We could choose someone who has yet to be a council member too but that doesn't really confirm if we don't have additional info.

I'd like to hear from Ralph as well, the fact we've passed a mafia policy is very interesting and It'll be interesting to see what cards he got and the investigation result.

Why don't we ask him to investigate Joshua? That might shed some light in Joshua's report on Anne (unless all three are scum, of course)

If Ralph knows Anne is lying, then he can assume Joshua is scum.