MagPiesRUs

PC Game - Empire: Total War

Just wait 6 months till it goes on the budget shelf for a fifth of the original price...

I do that with most games I buy. :pir-blush:

I saw this I think it looks pretty good. :pir_laugh2:

Although im not too good with Strategy game's I'll probable get it when its like $20 AUD.

Now you say it...probably a good idea! But the hard thing is to wait 6 months before buying it.

But if I buy it after six months for a reasonable price, I have some money left to spend on LEGO! :pir-blush:

This game looks promising! :thumbup:

Unfortunately my laptop is WAY too slow to run this game.

It's pretty much maxed out with Age of Empires 3. :blush:

That's ok though, i never buy games for their full price and always wait for them to go down to $30. :pir-wink:

Hopefully i'll have a new desktop by then. :pir-grin:

Thanks for keeping us posted TPRU! :pir-classic:

Empurrr: Tutal Wurrr...

I've always liked the Total War games. From Shogun to Rome ( Haven't played Medieval 2 because my PC can't run it X_X ).

The addition of the Naval Battles is certainly something to look forward to. But from what I've read it was somewhat problematic. I hope when they release it, the chinks would have been fixed.

I've tried the demo and was rather impressed by it but the ships have a little problem:

If you leave them alone, chasing an enemy, your ship is following it and not firing the whole broadside on them automatically. Except when the enemy vessel comes in range of the broadsides... :pir-skull:

The gameplay is very nice though.

I've also discovered the pause button so you can slow down or stop the speed your ships move to keep an overview of battle. First time I lost every ship. :pir_bawling:

I'v been playing Age of Empires III to long now and I think I will convince my Dad to buy this :pir-grin:

It looks like an awesome game.

Ooh, Age of Empires III... I have played that for such a long time. Followed by Imperial Glory and now Empire Total War.

Best games ever! :pir-blush:

It's quite tricky to install it, a lot of things with steam and so on.

It isn't a game with a disk you can put in the computer, install and play it. :pir-sceptic:

But I managed to do it, there are loads of turtorials on the web on how to install the game.

One of my friends was at one point number 200 on the charts for best Age of Empires III players in the world.

I've got the Special Forces edition, and I love the game - apart from one thing, crashes. I was 5 turns away from completing a campaign and the game crashed to the desktop. When I re-loaded, the save file was corrupt!

Favourite unit? On land I'm loving the Riflemen, oh and the Puckle Guns. At sea? Ooooo, probably the Carronnade Frigates.

I think the game has been released too soon. There are a lot of small bugs and texture glitches in it, like armies which can't move and controlled anymore, waves go through the ship and sails go through the masts.

I hope there will be updates to download soon so there are less bugs in the game.

Overall I really enjoy the game! I'm playing the Dutch faction and shatter the Spanish... :pir-tongue:

Cant afford the game. But know a mate that has it?

ask them very nicely to borrow there copy and also there steam account.

Download steam, Log into there account, Install the game.

Steam gives you a unique code for Multi player.

Return the Game.

Play till your sick of it.

(also works for Dawn of war 2)

Have been doing it at work, the 4 of us at my store all put in 25$ each, and have made a work (joint) steam account we can all log into and play.

Reading the T&C it seams as this method doesn't fall foul of the games T&C, as nowhere it says steam is licensed to a single person.

this of course leaves more money for lego.

For those who are still thinking about to buy it or not, I've made some awesome screenshots:

3392949529_aa0d133564_o.jpg

3392949831_755447177c_o.jpg

3392950113_7c92f4ef4f_o.jpg

3393762632_ac3217b1d2_o.jpg

More on Flickr

The game looks better then the quality of those screenshots, I think the resizing program ruined them a bit.

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

I'm planning to buy/download this game..But why is the SE cheaper than the normal one? Atleast here in Holland..

Is it worth the €55?

I've bought the Special Edition for 44,00 euro in the Media Market and it's defenitely worth it.

You need a good pc to play the game. Do not get addicted to it like me! :pir_laugh2:

Battles are pretty time consuming but I can tell you that you won't regret buying it!

Maybe I'll try the demo first, before buying it. But from what I've seen/heard it's great :pir-classic:

Report to us how it went. I am interested as well in this realistic game!

I will only buy it if most find it worthy though.

Then I have really to recommend to install the demo! Then play it and see the beautiful essence of the age of sail for yourself.

I can almost guarantee you that you won't be able to resist buying the game. I've played lots of this kind of games, ( age of empires III, the other total war series, Imperial Glory) and Empire Total War is just the best of all.

It's only very time consuming, since a large battle with thousands of men will take a few hours.

But you can also use the auto-resolve button, the computer calculates then who will win and the battle is over in a sec. But with doing that you miss the greatest part of the game.

I can only say: Buy it! But everyone has a different taste of games and a different way spending money. :pir-blush:

And now I hate Steam for downloading updates that take more than 3 hours :pir-hmpf_bad: It still has to download for 1 hour and 34 minutes...

The downloading time depends on your internet connection speed. It took 2 hours to install the complete game by me.

Good thing is that you can use your computer during downloading, it's worth it! After you've installed the game you can play Empire Total War on every computer!

The computer needs access to the internet to log in onto your steam account, from there you can easily install the game and you can play it worldwide! If the pc has the right specs of course... :pir-blush:

If the pc has the right specs of course...

That's what I'm the most worried about. I've heard a lot about this game, but I have a notebook, not a high-tech "gamers" desktop. Maybe I try to get one of the earlier episodes of Total War, to look if it runs smoothly. On the other side: I never thought World in Conflict would fit at my PC, but it was not a problem at all.

Stop with the awesome pics Cap'n Blackmoore :pir_bawling: Your teasing me I dont think they have it on mac :pir-cry_sad: (Do they?)

Why don't you just use BootCamp on your Mac? It is what I'm doing...though the 8800GT is struggling with the 2560x1600 30" screen resolution.