Prince Manic

need custom instructions to the following Trains

Well I'm so wanting to build a fleet of trains like the Famous Union Pacific's Big Boy to their DD unit and a few other famous trains but I can't seem to find custom instructions to build them

Where I can find the "BEST" Big Boy one that uses Big Ben's Wheels or the original Lego Wheels and I can build it when I can gather up the needed pieces from LEGO's Pick a Brick or Bricklink (need to setup paypal on there XD) and get building these famous trains so I can have fun with them when I get more Straight Tracks again.

So where I can find cool trains to build and have fun with them when I can oh I SO want a custom built Hogwarts express one too!

I'm also thinking to start small first and build other famous Locomotives that way I can then build bigger ones like the BIG BOY!

Edited by Prince Manic

There are good instructions at http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=533320 don't think they are BBB wheels, but you could easily be substituted I think.

That's good enough heck I'll Brick Link those Original LEgo Wheels and get many of them now I'm trying to find some good locomotives like UP's huge one that is the DD unit

Oh Also the Famous Polar Express too! I have the misspelled Flux Capacitor still and it's great for that BTTF Ref in the train of the cotter pin scene if possible with XL Big Ben's or the Original LEGO Wheels will do fine too.

Edited by Prince Manic

There are good instructions at

Beware of Scottdee's instructions 'inspired' by Jayhurst. Jayhurst wasn't very pleased that Scottdee reverse engineered his Big Boy quite poorly, he got a lot of heat from people who bought the instructions and couldn't get the model to run right.

Oh Also the Famous Polar Express too!
Tony is an award winning builder and his instructions are top notch!

I've bought multiple instructions from Tony. I can confirm the high quality of his instructions. While I still haven't built any of them, I'm confident they're great runners too, considering the experience Tony got with building steam during the years. And they surely look great. :thumbup:

The instructions Tony offers include the Polar Express, either the locomotive and/or the coaches seperately, or as a set with a discount. Just look at his shop at "North Pole Limited".

I've bought multiple instructions from Tony. I can confirm the high quality of his instructions. While I still haven't built any of them, I'm confident they're great runners too, considering the experience Tony got with building steam during the years. And they surely look great. :thumbup:

The instructions Tony offers include the Polar Express, either the locomotive and/or the coaches seperately, or as a set with a discount. Just look at his shop at "North Pole Limited".

Now that's just what I need! I'll have to order up those Big Ben Wheels then XD plus maybe getting those motors non 9v and rig up the tender or something I don't like using the 9v as those are rare to find nowdays

I can't find JayHurst's Big Boy Instructions has it got erased on the face of the net or what?

Edited by Prince Manic

Now that's just what I need! I'll have to order up those Big Ben Wheels then XD plus maybe getting those motors non 9v and rig up the tender or something I don't like using the 9v as those are rare to find nowdays

I can't find JayHurst's Big Boy Instructions has it got erased on the face of the net or what?

He never posted his instructions; someone else did, but of a Big Boy inspired by his.

I'll have to order up those Big Ben Wheels then XD plus maybe getting those motors non 9v and rig up the tender or something I don't like using the 9v as those are rare to find nowdays

I just looked at the instructions of the tender and there seems to be plenty room for a battery box and a receiver, so I think it should be really easy to convert this to Power Functions.

He never posted his instructions; someone else did, but of a Big Boy inspired by his.

I see would Train 12 volts provide his version of Jay's Amazing Big Boy? I really want to build this and not the butchered one with crappy turning wheels ratio!

I just looked at the instructions of the tender and there seems to be plenty room for a battery box and a receiver, so I think it should be really easy to convert this to Power Functions.

That can be a tricky task to do to make the Polar express be powered with the 9v motor XD