BaneShake

Least Accurate Licensed Character Representations

I think this Mr. Freeze was a bit of "Batman Forever" inspired. The bulky armor that kept him alive & such.

His armor and costume itself bear very close resemblance to his Arkham City appearance. His face, though, I have no idea. He is almost always given red goggles, except in Batman and Robin, where his skin was blue, so it isn't that either.

Katara.

The animated character has a dusky complexion (she comes from an Inuit-like ethnic group) and wears her (dark brown) hair in a braid tied at her nape. The minifig uses the light flesh skin tone and a wholly generic reddish-brown ponytail hairpiece.

A lot of the early Star Wars minifigures were a little rough, but this one takes the cake: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/2/2c/Generic_alien_7159.png/revision/latest?cb=20140126004933

Always saw this "figure" as one that was thrown together when an executive from either TLG or Lucasfilm/20th Century FOX said the Pod Racer box set needed another character and there was no time for the design team to do anything more than that waste of ABS.

I just recently picked up Captain America's Mighty Micros set, and having it in hand really makes it stand out just how much I dislike most of the Marvel figs MM faces. The first wave simply feels far out of character for some of the figures, particularly Cap, Skull, and Hulk. This got me thinking: what other characters, from any of the themes Lego has adapted characters out of, did you find completely wrong for the character in question? Some demented part of my brain is determined to find the most inaccurate character depiction Lego has ever been responsible for.

Olaf was a huge disappointment. I couldn't even bring myself to purchase one.

I ththink that Colonel Hardy from the Man of Steel sets was really bad. Granted the torso was okay, but the face was so generic and so off for him, specifically, it bugged the crap out of me.

Disney Princess if your basing it off the original movies. Even with the redesigns Rapunzel's hair is still rather short, Belle's eyes aren't hazel, Merida doesn't have freckles, Elsa's hair is a lot blonder and the faces aren't anything to brag about accuracy wise.

Sometimes I wonder if Disney is meddling in the set design with those. Because to be honest, I get the impression the DP designers haven't actually watched the movies they are making sets for.

Sometimes I wonder if Disney is meddling in the set design with those. Because to be honest, I get the impression the DP designers haven't actually watched the movies they are making sets for.

No, I think that's intentional on Disney's part. The Disney Princesses line has very little to do with the princesses' individual stories; it's more about selling the princess lifestyle to little girls--the dresses, the tiaras, the accessories (all conveniently licensed by Disney).

But I agree: the Disney Princess minidolls don't really resemble the princesses very well. Merida is the furthest off in my opinion.

I've never understood why Lego releases things that look so different. I mean, how hard is it to google an image of say Belle and try to match it up? Even with stuff like Lego Superheroes, if they don't have great images to work off for movies or something, why not have some fun and try to base it off comics for the fans.

I've never understood why Lego releases things that look so different. I mean, how hard is it to google an image of say Belle and try to match it up? Even with stuff like Lego Superheroes, if they don't have great images to work off for movies or something, why not have some fun and try to base it off comics for the fans.

They usually do. I'm sure they have some stretch of creative licence.

Even though I don't have the minifigure yet, I'm going to say that Gasmask Batman isn't accurate to any comic or movie iteration. Given the blue and black scheme of his batcopter, Batman should have had his Hazbat suit from the Amazo Virus story arch.

They usually do. I'm sure they have some stretch of creative licence.

Even though I don't have the minifigure yet, I'm going to say that Gasmask Batman isn't accurate to any comic or movie iteration. Given the blue and black scheme of his batcopter, Batman should have had his Hazbat suit from the Amazo Virus story arch.

The former is more kid friendly than Amazo Virus Bats.

The former is more kid friendly than Amazo Virus Bats.

I don't see how that would have been taken into consideration by LEGO when arguably there is nothing kid friendly in current media with regards to Batman (ie. No cartoons).

Besides, it's just a suit. Clearly it's not stamped with vulgarities.

lol have 2 of those "zombie Snapes". But won't bash any older figures since that list would be too long..

Marvel/DC:

- Thor's torso is good, but it ends there. There are 3 hairpieces that would fit much better.

- Superman (BvsS). The torso pattern wasn't continued onto the legs & the headpiece... WHY?!

- Lex Luthor. Yeah just give him Bruce Wayne's face. Did they just grab a random head out of a box?

- almost any figure. Why is there never any leg printing?! On figures like movie Falcon, Cap or Thor is just looks odd that the pattern breaks up.

Harry Potter:

- Harry Potter. That hairpiece didn't fit after the 2nd movie.

SW:

- Sabine Wren (Rebels #1). Just because like 5 % elbow are visible (in a dark skin colour), they gave her plain standard skin tone arms. The torso was painted bad too - not even speaking of the wrong colours. Worst figure for the last 5 years.

- the old Vader fig. I always hated the helmet since it looked squished & made him very small.

- every figure with leg printing that sould go around the legs. I can't even watch at Obi Wan's latest figure. Or the latest Mace Windu. His white pants are hardly visible between coat & boots.

Dr Strange's face doesn't look like Benedict Cumberbatch at all! The body print is very accurate to the movie costume, I don't know what went wrong with the face though. Other minifigures in the set 76060 look like actors who play the characters, especially Mordo minifigure looks exactly like Chiwetel Ejiofor!

- Thor's torso is good, but it ends there. There are 3 hairpieces that would fit much better.

- Superman (BvsS). The torso pattern wasn't continued onto the legs & the headpiece... WHY?!

- almost any figure. Why is there never any leg printing?! On figures like movie Falcon, Cap or Thor is just looks odd that the pattern breaks up.

- Harry Potter. That hairpiece didn't fit after the 2nd movie.

- every figure with leg printing that sould go around the legs. I can't even watch at Obi Wan's latest figure. Or the latest Mace Windu. His white pants are hardly visible between coat & boots.

I think there is a difference between inaccuracy and lack of printing/ having older looking pieces.

Harry's hair as you said works for the first two films and I think the same could be said with Thor.

Characters without printing happens too often to bump each one for it.

I'd say 2013's Mister Freeze deserves to be on the list for sure though. Although while others have brought up lack of goggles what bugs me most is this being a character claiming to be dead to emotions coming with one very emotive expression.

2004's Harry Osborn looked nothing like James Franco. (Honourable mention to 2002's Norman Osborn).

Also TDKR Bane while being an awesome figure still bothers me to this day because of the green mask.

Edited by Coca-Cola