BaneShake

Least Accurate Licensed Character Representations

I just recently picked up Captain America's Mighty Micros set, and having it in hand really makes it stand out just how much I dislike most of the Marvel figs MM faces. The first wave simply feels far out of character for some of the figures, particularly Cap, Skull, and Hulk. This got me thinking: what other characters, from any of the themes Lego has adapted characters out of, did you find completely wrong for the character in question? Some demented part of my brain is determined to find the most inaccurate character depiction Lego has ever been responsible for.

Side note: this is not necessarily a case of "bad" figures, as a fig can be very worthwhile without properly matching the character. For example, SDCC's exclusive Atom is highly detailed, but between a strange choice of helmet piece and not enough blue on the figure, it doesn't really feel quite like Atom.

THE OFFENDERS:

Marvel:

The Chitauri

The Mandarin (Final Battle)

Vision (Age of Ultron)

Crossbones (inaccurate to Civil War itself)

DC:

Atom

Star Wars:

Aldar Beedo (brick-built)

Harry Potter:

Snape (glow-in-the-dark)

Hermione (2007)

Umbridge

Speed Racer:

Trixie

SpongeBob SquarePants:

Squidward (original)

Katara

Disney Princess:

Merida

Ghostbusters:

Mayhem

Edited by PepperoniBricks

Doesn't this thread exist?

The only thread I've been able to find close to this is the least accurate sets, which isn't what I'm wanting to discuss here. If I have created a duplicate without realizing it, we can absolutely move this discussion back over there.

As for my digging, I've found a few more. 2007's Hogwarts Castle has Hermione and, to a lesser degree, Umbridge looking off.

Star Wars has Aldar Beedo's brick-built form, which looks nothing like the source material (not to be confused with his unique mold, which is much better).

I'm going to start adding our "discoveries" to a list on the first post.

Glow in the dark Snape is hilariously terrible, I think glow in the dark Voldemort, from the goblet of fire set, is also terrible. They just ripped the Sorcerer's Stone face (with the eye markings) and used a dementor cape that makes him look like a large angry baby.

Also that time that they thought this looked enough like Squidward to pass.

They just ripped the Sorcerer's Stone face (with the eye markings) and used a dementor cape that makes him look like a large angry baby.

Is the supposed to look like that tho? :laugh: Civil war black widow takes the cake for me I think

I think that the Lex Luthor minifigure from the Batman v Superman wave wasn't very accurate. The face bugs me, because it didn't capture Jesse Eisenberg's personality.

Snape with the glow in the dark head and grey skin lol

I think that this is the one wins.

A lot of the others are stylized weirdly, just needed a new print, or are at least accurate to concept art.

Squidward is another good choice though...the head, colors, and expression are all off.

Edited by Super Fish Oil

Is the supposed to look like that tho? :laugh: Civil war black widow takes the cake for me I think

Civil War Black Widow is actually Age of Ultron Black Widow reused; given Age of Ultron she was quite accurate, and she was simply remarketed in the Civil War sets.

Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, Thor and somewhat Cap from the original Avengers movie. Iron Man was really the only decent one.

Oh yeah, and Loki.

- Black Widow [Just plain horrible]

- Hawkeye [Not good face or hair]

- Hulk [Too green]

- Thor [Too much beard, short hair, and way too bright hair]

- Loki [Too stern and old looking]

- Captain America [Too old looking, too dark outfit, and skin tone too dark]

Edit: listed reasons for being bad.

Edited by legobagel

Also that time that they thought this looked enough like Squidward to pass.

Oh god, I'd forgotten about terrifying Squidward! Must have purged him from my memory! :laugh:

Trixie from Speed Raceris the worst minifigure in the history of Lego licensed products.

Yeah, after some in-depth comparisons... yeah, she's pretty off.

Mr. Freeze (from the "Aquaman on Ice" set). There's been plenty of versions of the character, but that fig doesn't look like any of them! Some red goggles wouldn't have gone amiss. Instead, he looks more like Voldemort going diving!

Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk and somewhat Cap from the original Avengers movie. Thor and Iron Man were really the only decent ones.

Oh yeah, and Loki.

Cap was pretty accurate. Just missing wings on the helmet.

Thor is the one that bothers me. He hasn't had that shoulder length hair since the first movie. I gave him longer hair with a braid, and it looks much better.

Cap was pretty accurate. Just missing wings on the helmet.

Thor is the one that bothers me. He hasn't had that shoulder length hair since the first movie. I gave him longer hair with a braid, and it looks much better.

Cap I felt was too 'old' looking, and his outfit was dark. Normally when a face is printed on, the skin is really dark too, They haven't fixed that for Batman or Cap.

Yeah, Thor is pretty bad.

Edited by legobagel

Mr. Freeze (from the "Aquaman on Ice" set). There's been plenty of versions of the character, but that fig doesn't look like any of them! Some red goggles wouldn't have gone amiss. Instead, he looks more like Voldemort going diving!

I think this Mr. Freeze was a bit of "Batman Forever" inspired. The bulky armor that kept him alive & such.