There was a certain confusion within the troops of the EWTC.

Some officers asked themselves: "Has Colonel Brickinson gone mad?"

But they would ask this in solitude, not when he was around.

800x533.jpg

When Colonel Brickinson left the outpost after the inspection he looked stern but satisfied.

800x789.jpg

The outpost had now been equipped with a decent long range cannon.

800x770.jpg

800x705.jpg

800x748.jpg

It all looked well, except for the new flag:

800x647.jpg

What must he have been thinking?

Brickinson was quite determined about the new flag.

[second speaker] It has begun.

[First speaker] Good. Send out ravens to our friends and prepare steps two and three.

[second speaker] It will be done.

Some shots of the outpost without the Colonel:

800x752.jpg

800x774.jpg

Actually the MOC looked different, possibly better before I added all those transparent pieces to create the waves.

The plain baseplate made everything look simpler - and more classic.

Let me know what you think.

C&C welcome.

(Larger pictures and also a view of the modular structure of that tower on flickr.)

[first episode]

Here is the Simian-Plan storyline:

1 MRCA Result April & May: Sunk and Taken by Pirates

2 Has Brickinson gone mad?

3 The End of a Pirate

4 Visiting a Pirate Island

5 A Dream Within A Dream

6 Pirate Hunter King Archibald

7 Woe is me!

8 The Black Moustache and his Green Flying Dutchman

9 ... but I have signed the contract ....

10 Now, what have we got here ...

11 The Great Escape

12 Please don't dive ....

13 The Brickinson Case

14 Island in the Sun

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

I think the wave effect is quite nice, actually. I personally am not at all a fan of plain baseplates, so without seeing the other option I really like that one.

Cool MOC overall, looking forward to seeing the story continued! Step two!

I'm not sure the partially built base works entirely. They're clearly waves but they stand out too much against the otherwise plain baseplate.

Aside from that I really like the build, especially the lantern.

Very nice MOC! I like it! I think i must agree on the plain baseplate looking "better" (a subjective opinion), as i prefer them plain when the majority of their surface is covered. Oh, nice flag btw pirate_tong.gif

Awesome monkey flag, and also very clever lantern design!

I like the build, including the wave effect, and especially the lantern and the flag! Now just to figure out who the conversation is between, and how many of them are monkeys? pirate_laugh2.gif

Lovely lantern, Captain B! default_wubnew.gif Very nice outpost and rocks as well, and I quite like how the waves turned out there! default_classic.gif That flag, though! default_rofl.gif Looking forward to whatever's coming next! pir_laugh2.gif

I think the wave effect is quite nice, actually. I personally am not at all a fan of plain baseplates, so without seeing the other option I really like that one.

Cool MOC overall, looking forward to seeing the story continued! Step two!

Ok, thanks. Preparations for next builds might take while, though.

I'm not sure the partially built base works entirely. They're clearly waves but they stand out too much against the otherwise plain baseplate.

Aside from that I really like the build, especially the lantern.

Waves ... the everlasting challenge for a lego builder.

pirate_laugh2.gif

I love that flag.pirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice work and great flag indeed!������ I like your transparent additions to the water, makes it look more Lively.

Thanks, Sir! pirate_satisfied.gif

Luv it

Me too pirate_laugh_new.gif

Very nice MOC! I like it! I think i must agree on the plain baseplate looking "better" (a subjective opinion), as i prefer them plain when the majority of their surface is covered. Oh, nice flag btw pirate_tong.gif

It is all very subjective. I need to take a pic with a version with a plain baseplate.

Awesome monkey flag, and also very clever lantern design!

pirate_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice creation!

Loved the lantern! :wub:

Looks good, doesn't it?

I like the build, including the wave effect, and especially the lantern and the flag! Now just to figure out who the conversation is between, and how many of them are monkeys? pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks. Who would think of monkeys in that conversation? pirate_laugh2.gif

Lovely lantern, Captain B! default_wubnew.gif Very nice outpost and rocks as well, and I quite like how the waves turned out there! default_classic.gif That flag, though! default_rofl.gif Looking forward to whatever's coming next! pir_laugh2.gif

Ok... seems like I need to get my story going pirate_wink.gif

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Really neat little fort, the lantern is very nice! And of course, that flag... pirate_laugh_new.gif pirate_wink.gif:thumbup:

Captain, you need to stop monkeying around! I don't want to pry mate, but will you grivet a rest with all the monkey stuff? Man, drill down further in your next MOC. You've made a real howler with that flag. But don't despair, capuchin up and your head held high, no need to langur in misery, I've spider better future ahead for you.

Anyway I must dash, I've just discovered an e-bay shop for Japanese comics, its called Mangabey, I'm bidding against an Irishman, Col O'bus, a Scot called Tam Arin, an American lady named Olive Baboon, and a Frenchman, Francois Langur

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

I would like to apolgise for the previous post. George Da Pontelli made me do it!

Still, I was quite proud of getting 11 different kinds of monkey into a single post.pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

... pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

You've certainly shocked the monkey with your elaborate comment. Not everybody can be banging on the bongos like a chimpanzee (which ain't working).

There was a woman in the jungle. And a monkey on a tree.

But me and my monkey were in search of the sun.

Which makes 5 song references with a monkey in them.

(But google will help you, as usual pirate_laugh2.gif )

Nice looking outpost, CB. The dark red exposed stone is quite effective and I like the walkway up to the tower itself.

Great rockwork too.

However, as to his plans, I wonder, in this age of fashionable coups, if the colonel is planning to put George on the Eslandian throne? :D

Nice looking outpost, CB. The dark red exposed stone is quite effective and I like the walkway up to the tower itself.

Great rockwork too.

However, as to his plans, I wonder, in this age of fashionable coups, if the colonel is planning to put George on the Eslandian throne? :D

Thanks - as to his plans, I am not envisioning such a story. pirate_laugh2.gif

Reality beats any storyteller these days...

Lovely outpost Captain. It has a classic look to it but still manages to be very nicely detailed. The position atop those rocks is good, the walkway out front is great, and the overall shape is unique among outpost designs. And it should be well defended with that big gun. In short, it appears to have everything an outpost needs.

The flag is pretty much mandatory, no? And as I study your lovely rockwork, my eyes are drawn to the big curved slope brick mounted vertically that's on the right front in the last pic. Is there an opening or crevace behind it? I ask because its shape and appearance remind me of some hiding places from official sets.

Good work, and a good story to match. :thumbup::classic:

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention that I agree - reality does indeed beat most fiction these days...

Edited by Captain Dee