BrickJagger

2017 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

First signs of the 75880 McLaren 720S hitting NA shores; one seller has a few up on eBay "in hand". Didn't see the model on the up-coming June store calendar or up on SAH, so I'm curious when it's supposed to officially be available.

Edited by prototyp

original posts from the fan sites (brickset, brothers brick, ect) said June 1st. but I've not seen anything about it yet either, and even shop at home doesn't list it even as "coming soon" soon as it is available though I'm getting at least 2 (one to leave as is the other for parts, lots of nice orange bits, along with the "90s star hubs")

4 hours ago, GallardoLU said:

original posts from the fan sites (brickset, brothers brick, ect) said June 1st. but I've not seen anything about it yet either, and even shop at home doesn't list it even as "coming soon"...

Yea, this. IIRC the Brickheadz were up for close to a month ahead of release as "Coming Soon"... That said, licensing deals and marketing can get complicated so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm also considering buying the big blue 31070 Creator "Track Racer" which hasn't shown up anywhere either.

Edited by prototyp

Picked up the McLaren 720s set from Toysrus in Uxbridge (UK) today. Got it for £11.99 as when they scanned it through the system it wasn't authorising it for sale. 

On 2017-5-23 at 3:18 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

https://brickset.com/article/28184/mercedes-petronas-f1-team-gift-set

This set,  75995 Mercedes AMG Petronas Team Gift 2017 was discovered on eBay according to Brickset.

75995-1.jpg

Oh man, id love that, even if the green is waaaaay off

Getting the parts should be doable, but the stickers... Also interesting to see they made it LHs car, while Nico won the title last year.

The Speed Champions sets have become available in New Zealand from June 1st. I picked up the McLaren due to it's NZ connection.

Also, here is a video by Jangbricks.

picked up the McLaren 720S yesterday at Toys'R'Us in CA. solid set, IMO

Edited by McHaleBerg

Are any credible rumor sources here on EB aware if we are getting a fourth year of Speed Champions for 2018, or is it too early to tell? :shrug_oh_well:

We already have heard pretty early on about CMSs, Super Heroes, and Star Wars for 2018, even sets for Jurassic World 2 confirmed by @Delta Customs for that summer. 

haven't heard any rumors yet for SC in 2018. we usually start hearing things around September regarding set lists. and closer to November, December before images start to appear.

I'm hoping that the Lego Speed Champions logos I see plastered all over the Roborace cars lead to a Roborace set. Perhaps a set with both Robocar and DevBot 01. That would be excellent.

On 6/15/2017 at 9:04 AM, GallardoLU said:

haven't heard any rumors yet for SC in 2018. we usually start hearing things around September regarding set lists. and closer to November, December before images start to appear.

Well, perhaps @Sir von Lego would know if we will see a fourth year.

I hope they do a Speed Champions Lamborghini, if they do, it would be a instant buy for me...

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

I hope they do a Speed Champions Lamborghini, if they do, it would be a instant buy for me...

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Lamborghini for Lego products, but if Speed Champions continues, Lamborghini has to be made for the theme eventually.

I hope that the theme will expand beyond six wide minifigure scale cars and come to also make Expert series scale models based upon more current automobiles such as the 2017 Ford GT, the Bugatti Chiron, the Lamborghini Aventador, etc.

On 9 July 2017 at 1:06 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Lamborghini for Lego products, but if Speed Champions continues, Lamborghini has to be made for the theme eventually.

I hope that the theme will expand beyond six wide minifigure scale cars and come to also make Expert series scale models based upon more current automobiles such as the 2017 Ford GT, the Bugatti Chiron, the Lamborghini Aventador, etc.

I would like to see the Mercedes 6x6 :laugh: 

Have you seen this ?

24852765678_34e85c0d84_b.jpg

It's not a Speed Champion Set per say, beacause it's not an official Lego Set, but it was created by a Lego Certified Professionnal for Renault.

There's also a Creator-style set of the F1 car (828 parts) and an exclusive set of the RS 2027 Concept Car (375 parts).

All of these sets will only be available on this Saturday (the 9th) at the Atelier Renault in Paris. I'll be there, hoping to buy each of them, but the quantities are very limited, at least for the Creator and the concept Car (100 and 40 of each).

I'll keep in touch !

1 hour ago, bj51 said:

It's not a Speed Champion Set per say, beacause it's not an official Lego Set, but it was created by a Lego Certified Professionnal for Renault.

All of these sets will only be available on this Saturday (the 9th) at the Atelier Renault in Paris. I'll be there, hoping to buy each of them, but the quantities are very limited, at least for the Creator and the concept Car (100 and 40 of each).

I'll keep in touch !

But look, LEGO. I have 300 Euros. I can buy all three. I wanna buy all three.

At least post the instructions so we can make our own versions.

Here's a pic of 2 of the boxes :

contest-renault.fw.png?1511895480

You can see it's not officially Lego, even though the layout is very similar (and there are LEGO logos on the side, still).

Edit : Annnd Renault just unveiled the prices for both these sets : 375€ for the Creator and 44€ for the Speed Champions...

Edited by bj51