BrickJagger

2017 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 3/3/2017 at 6:34 PM, blurrkup said:

Yeah have built the Bugatti. It is a very nice model and the way they use the rubber band for the rear lights is very clever. Think my favourite though is the Ford GT-40 out of this wave, followed by the Bugatti, Ford GT, Mercedes and then the Ferrari FXX. The F1 cars come last as they are very much the same as last years F1 cars with little tweaks. 

Awesome! I can't wait to get a copy of this set. I may get doubles just to display a small garage of them =) I think it is the colors the are really appealing to me. 

IMO the Bugatti is just OK. The rear light, while a cool solution, is not very accurate since the rear of the car isn't that triangular or curved. They should have gone with a plate solution for better accuracy. My favorites are the Old GT, AMG Merc, New GT, Audi R8, the Porches, and then the Bugatti. I'm saying this as someone who has not applied the stickers since I will want to take them apart and make other cars. The R8 required a small mod of the front bumper to look good without stickers; I split the front curves into two rows, white on top and black on the bottom. I still don't regret buying the Bugatti, if for no other reason than having an additional car on our club layout and kids don't really care about such things.

Edited by gotoAndLego

thought i'd mention here that McLaren has Revealed the 720S at Geneva. so if no news comes out in the next week or two on set 75880 (McLaren road car) I think we can officially call it a canceled set.

11 hours ago, GallardoLU said:

thought i'd mention here that McLaren has Revealed the 720S at Geneva. so if no news comes out in the next week or two on set 75880 (McLaren road car) I think we can officially call it a canceled set.

Looking at the 720s, im not sure how well that would translate into brick from

I generally think McLaren cars look a bit bland to begin with, the P1 is probably my least favorite car of the 1st wave.

awesome, glad to see Lego and McLaren are still good partners. from the image I really can't tell how good it looks, but the rim inserts look good, and I can always use more orange. can't wait for june to get my hands on one :)

Im liking the fact that the car isnt any higher then the wheel arches, just like the AMG GT3, it makes for a nice low profile.

AND.........SOLD. (I mean I probably was going to get it anyway but now it's a priority car LOL) very nicely done

4 hours ago, letsbuild said:

What piece is on the front, layers 2/4? It doesn't look like the ones in layers 1/6 beside it...

(If i follow what part you're describing) I believe those inner angled slopes come from the Wheel Arch 2 x 4 #41854 fender piece: http://brickset.com/parts/design-41854

So I got the Bugatti today and it, more than any other Speed Champions car, is just laughable in its proportions. The real car is so wide, and the set is like a dang kayak. I need to acquire some more blue slopes to fix this thing. 

I understand that TLG has their own style with cars but I think this thing kind of sux. Subjective opinion of course. 

No wonder it took a long time to reveal. And boy what a car. Admittedly the top view reveals the biggest flaw of the set, which is its relative narrowness, but they got most everything right. And a designer's desk! Lovely!

Hello all, not sure if I can ask in this thread, or if I need to open another thread... (also, English isn't my first language, so please accept my apologies if my grammars are off)

Can I ask if anyone have encountered similar issue, where the cuts on the sticker sheet are like off by a few millimeters.  Now, all individual pieces contain part of the outline ...

Here are what I meant by having an outline on the stickers

This is my first purchase of the Speed Champions series, and needless to say, I am very disappointed... just want to see if this is something common or not (I am deciding if I should continue to purchase more SC sets in the future).  Thanks~

chanedw, i havent had that issue, with the very same set.

If i were you, id contact lego support about it, include some pics and they will most likely just send you a replacement sticker sheet

I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions on the Mercedes F1 set? I bought it last week but haven't built it yet and was wondering if I should part the green out for Sand green instead? Being colour-blind I'm not sure if that's a better match or not? All I know is the green currently in the set just isn't right. 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Brickprawn said:

I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions on the Mercedes F1 set? I bought it last week but haven't built it yet and was wondering if I should part the green out for Sand green instead? Being colour-blind I'm not sure if that's a better match or not? All I know is the green currently in the set just isn't right. 

Thanks. 

Sand green would be closer then the current forrest green, ideally the set should use green-ish turquoise

The forrest green is used on the stickers as well though, so using sand green parts on the cars would create contrast between the bricks and the stickers (dont know why they didnt just use clear back stickers like with the AMG GT3), which would also be ugly imho.

12 hours ago, vectormatic said:

chanedw, i havent had that issue, with the very same set.

If i were you, id contact lego support about it, include some pics and they will most likely just send you a replacement sticker sheet

(don't have my sets yet, but...) Was going to say the same thing. That's clearly a production problem.

On 10/03/2017 at 10:23 AM, vectormatic said:

Sand green would be closer then the current forrest green, ideally the set should use green-ish turquoise

The forrest green is used on the stickers as well though, so using sand green parts on the cars would create contrast between the bricks and the stickers (dont know why they didnt just use clear back stickers like with the AMG GT3), which would also be ugly imho.

That's disappointing. I assumed the stickers would be clear like the Mercedes AMG and Bugatti. Looks like I'm stuck with the terrible green used in the set then. 

Could anyone who owns the Bugatti Chiron set provide me with some images of it? I want to write a review of this set for my blog (brickseasy.com) and would need some nice images of it. If you have some or could take a few pictures of it, please PM me.

3 hours ago, andrej said:

Could anyone who owns the Bugatti Chiron set provide me with some images of it? I want to write a review of this set for my blog (brickseasy.com) and would need some nice images of it. If you have some or could take a few pictures of it, please PM me.

That's not how reviewing works... :wacko: For a review, you need in-hand experience. I can't write a review of, let's continue the analogy here, the real Bugatti Chiron, simply because I have seen it in action and have some pictures of it. The feel, the experience, that's what a review is about!  

13 hours ago, Exetrius said:

That's not how reviewing works... :wacko: For a review, you need in-hand experience. I can't write a review of, let's continue the analogy here, the real Bugatti Chiron, simply because I have seen it in action and have some pictures of it. The feel, the experience, that's what a review is about!  

Yes, you are right. However, I can't afford to buy every Lego set that I review and my reviews are just brief ones.