BrickJagger

2017 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

For me, the mini mudflap piece used to connect the subframes on the GT40 was really strange. It's the first thing I yanked out when I modded it.

29 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

For me, the mini mudflap piece used to connect the subframes on the GT40 was really strange. It's the first thing I yanked out when I modded it.

Definitely scratching my head as to why... is it to get the tan color in the interior or is there some structural consideration? Builds up pretty well around a standard vehicle base which gets the fig into an equally low position. That said, the modified 2x6 plates with studs for the side panels is a good trick.

Had an order cued at LSAH but dillidallied a couple days and now the GTs are backordered to mid-March. 

At first I didn't even recognise the big F1 set as the Mercedes team because the colors were so far off.  And what's with the "anteater" noses on the cars? 

1 hour ago, RacerRabbit said:

March 1st. So we're a week away from now.

Thanks. Thought it would be then, can't wait. Will be getting these as well as some of the Brickheads I'm missing.

I'm in the UK, I got the Ford GT set from Asda Click and collect and the Mercedes GT3 from Tesco click and collect. 

I built the Ford last night and I would say it's probably my equal favourite Speed champions set alongside the 919 pit lane from last year. 

Edited by Brickprawn

I built and then modified the Mercedes AMG GT3 last night, and it was really fun. The way it's constructed, this was the simplest to widen by 2 studs of any of the others I've done. It was so easy in fact, I think I'm going to use it as the basis for widening any I do in the future if possible. It's essentially set up so that the outer stud on either side disconnects from the central chassis. It's not exactly that simple of course, but close.

1 hour ago, madejp86 said:

So what will set 75880 be?

there are only 2 possibilities remaining for 75880:

1. Lego canceled it, the reason will never be known.

2. Lego delayed it at request of McLaren. you may know it was rumored to be called "McLaren roadcar" well it just so happens that next month is the Geneva car show, where McLaren will be bringing its newest car (rumored to be called 720S)

I hope option 2, but I expect option 1...

I picked up the ford gt racing set 75881 at the Lego store at the King of Prussia mall (PA) today. They had all the new sets for sale. I'm really digging the Ferrari development set 75882 too which I'll probably go back for. This newest series has some great sets. 

Got all the sets yesterday from the Lego store at Watford (UK). Have built the Mercedes GT3, Bugatti and the Ferrari F1. Loving them so far. Going to build the Ford GT set tonight and the rest either tomorrow or the weekend.

11 hours ago, blurrkup said:

Got all the sets yesterday from the Lego store at Watford (UK). Have built the Mercedes GT3, Bugatti and the Ferrari F1. Loving them so far. Going to build the Ford GT set tonight and the rest either tomorrow or the weekend.

Have not been into this line but I saw the Bugatti and figured this year would be year! Have you built it yet? 

Does anyone know if the lab coat torso in the Ferrari FXX set is new? Does it have any back printing on it?

10 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

Have not been into this line but I saw the Bugatti and figured this year would be year! Have you built it yet? 

Yeah have built the Bugatti. It is a very nice model and the way they use the rubber band for the rear lights is very clever. Think my favourite though is the Ford GT-40 out of this wave, followed by the Bugatti, Ford GT, Mercedes and then the Ferrari FXX. The F1 cars come last as they are very much the same as last years F1 cars with little tweaks. 

14 hours ago, jonwil said:

Does anyone know if the lab coat torso in the Ferrari FXX set is new? Does it have any back printing on it?

Just got around to building that part. There is printing on the back.

Further checks shows that Brickset now has an official inventory of the set and that the lab coat torso is the same as the one in the Volcano Explorers line which means I dont need to buy the FXX set to keep my collection of lab coat torsos complete (not that there aren't other cool reasons to buy the FXX set like the 3D printer though :)

Just put together then AMG, and i love the thing, its an excellent build.

And the best part, the stickers are clear-backed. Now with this GT3 car as a base, you can build a normal AMG GT road car in whichever colour you can find the right parts in!

18 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Just put together then AMG, and i love the thing, its an excellent build.

And the best part, the stickers are clear-backed. Now with this GT3 car as a base, you can build a normal AMG GT road car in whichever colour you can find the right parts in!

I intend to do just that in light bluish grey to make the safety car they use in F1.

2015-F1-Safety-Car-and-Medical-Car-07.jp

Or, since the SC fender pieces come in green (I actually have a complete set of 4) you could make the AMG GT-R.

16c434_007.jpg?itok=kfGCTvQS

On 3/4/2017 at 5:36 PM, RacerRabbit said:

I intend to do just that in light bluish grey to make the safety car they use in F1.

Or, since the SC fender pieces come in green (I actually have a complete set of 4) you could make the AMG GT-R.

The thought of an F1 safety car crossed my mind as well, would make a great addition to the F1 sets weve seen.

For a normal car i was thinking more along these lines

%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2-Mercedes-Benz-AMG-GT-S.png

The McLaren P1 offers bright orange wheel arches, im just not sure if the other parts are out there.

3 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Review by Jangbricks

-snip-

You just gotta love that wheel and fan spinning feature! :wub: