BrickJagger

2017 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

If we are going back over to Europe then they had better try and get Lamborghini back, or maybe reach out to Pagani and see if that is an option. BMW too would be nice.

for Mercedes I really could do without, but if the sets are good I'll get them, they are good cars just not my top pick.

Ferrari F1 car....... the first one with the truck can still be found in some stores and they are bringing out another.. I don't need more Ferrari F1, the most over produced car sets in Lego history.

Bugatti Chiron, luxury at 280mph, a thing of beauty and power, though my choices usually are the lightweight track day toys there is no denying that the Charon is a gorgeous car, and if the set lives up to that challenge then I'm all for it.

Edited by GallardoLU

I really hope we get the Ford GT set to continue with the sports cars or failing that the Lamborghini license.

Definitely fine with getting some more F1 cars anyway, the more race cars the merrier!

I knew they wouldn't do Japanese cars. I'm not sure how easy it is to obtain those licenses. Zelda, Mario, and all Nintendo related products don'the seem likely even given its popularity.

Hmm, quite few. But we haven't seen everything yet. The Ford GTs are yet to be realized, and I'm guessing they will be realized along with the stock version, but for the next half.

75877 Mercedes AMG GT3

YES!!! YES!!! This one's good! Front end could be a variation of the Mustang's construction, though the unique longhood shaping will present a challenge in the rear. I think we might see a new canopy.

75878 Bugatti

This will be the Chiron (that's how it's spelled). I predict new curved pieces, a new canopy, definitely new hubcaps.

75879 Ferrari F1 Car

This could be the 2015 model or 2016 model. The front wing shape will tell if it's one or the other. If it's long, it's the former. If it has a 1x1 tile, it's the latter. I swear I would have wanted the 488 in this slot, but eh, I'll have it.

75880 Mercedes Pit Stop

Oh, huh. This is something. Could follow the McLaren version, but I have a seething suspicion that this will have two cars, a dark-skinned driver, and lots of rattling before you pick it up.

Not a whole lot else after those (even the Ford), but like I said, I don't think this is all of it. There's still at least 2 slots. They could very well be BMW or a Japanese marque. Maybe Nissan? They have a new GT-R that can be good for a singles set.

Edited by XAxles

Very excited for the Bugatti set ... actually I was hoping to see a Bugatti in Creator Expert form ... well maybe there's still hope :sceptic:

That sounds pretty good. I do hope they keep a good mix of street cars along with the race versions. Race cars are great, but I personally prefer stuff that you can see on the he road. That's one reason the American cars were so great this year. Not covered in race stickers.

Sounds promising. Really hyped for the Mercedes AMG and Bugatti set. Still hope for a Lamborghini, Nissan GT-R or Honda NSX (The newest version, not the classic one) through.

I think the Mercedes Pit Stop set could be interesting. Epecially if it's the F1 team. Because I got a custom made Lewis Hamilton minifigure from Minifigs.me for christmas last year and I think it'll go really well with it!

The Bugatti Chiron is a pleasant surprise to see in the SC lineup. I mean, there was a Speed Champions Chiron on Lego Ideas which looks alright. I wonder how Lego themselves are able to improve on that guy's design.

I wonder what the 4th single car will be. Usually in the Speed Champions lineup one of the manufacturers have two of their cars in that part of the range. The Chiron is pretty much the only car in Bugatti's range so it'll either be a Ferrari or a Mercedes. If it's a Ferrari, i'm hoping for an F12 tdf or an FXXK. If it's a Merc, I hope it's a C class DTM.

I hope it's a C class DTM.

Ooh, DTM would be cool

If lego ever goes for an old school DTM car, i would throw my wallet at an Alfa 155 V6 Ti DTM

I hope they don't ditch the American cars totally. A classic corvette or new/old Challenger would be spectacular. Or split the difference and do an AC Cobra. British + American. :grin:

Just four sets.I hope this isn't the end.

I just wish the theme weren't exclusive to TRU in the states. Opening up that distribution would go a long way to selling more.

Just four sets.I hope this isn't the end.

CM4sci said "More to come" So, I bet the other 3 will be named later. Last year, the 2016 rumors began with only 5 sets but the other 2 revealed themselves some time later. I'd give it time.

I'd really like it if the two remaining sets were the Ford GT's from the video pre Le Mans and a stand alone Ford Focus RS. I could probably see another Porsche set appearing after their Lego partnership presence at the Nurburgring 6 hours though.

Edited by Brickprawn

I'd really like it if the two remaining sets were the Ford GT's from the video pre Le Mans and a stand alone Ford Focus RS. I could probably see another Porsche set appearing after their Lego partnership presence at the Nurburgring 6 hours though.

The ford GTs were officially denied as coming as sets AFAIK, but there are people on here who made LDD instructions for both models. Im in the process of bricklinking the GT40, and it looks awesome so far (just missing two wheel arches and the tires...)

Yeah I remember Lego denying that they were coming out. I can't help feel that there's a good chance we will see them though. It could just be wishful thinking.

Personally, I'm hopefull of Bugatti getting two cars, one of which is a Veyron.

Personally I think it would be too difficult to recreate the subtle differences between them in Lego form. I'm pretty sure we'll just get the one.

Personally, I'm hopefull of Bugatti getting two cars, one of which is a Veyron.

I'd like to see two cars from Bugatti too, but I'm hoping one of those is a late 1920s Type 35.

Personally I think it would be too difficult to recreate the subtle differences between them in Lego form. I'm pretty sure we'll just get the one.

Maybe we'll see something along the lines of the Porsche 911 models; a colour change, and a few minor cosmetic changes to depict the different cars.

I've seen no pics, but I can list set names and prices

15 € each: Mercedes AMG GT3, Bugatti Chiron, Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

35 € Ford GT 2016 + Ford GT 1966

50 € Ferrari FXX + wind tunnel (galleria del vento)

100€ Formula 1 Mercees AMG Petronas

I am glad to see they are continuing this line. We finally got around to buying the Mustang GT and definitely want to see more in the collection. They are fun to build and the affordability really opens up the possibility to a wide audience. Hoping to get the Corvette and LeFerrari at the end of the month. By the time we get those and perhaps a few more of the earlier wave, it will be time to look at the new ones. That wind tunnel Ferrari set looks interesting. Cannot wait to see the pics of these.

I've seen no pics, but I can list set names and prices

15 € each: Mercedes AMG GT3, Bugatti Chiron, Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

35 € Ford GT 2016 + Ford GT 1966

50 € Ferrari FXX + wind tunnel (galleria del vento)

100€ Formula 1 Mercees AMG Petronas

Sweet! I knew the Ford GT set would be on the list! One thing though, shouldn't there be four single cars? Is there a fourth?

Oh yeah, I got a look at these too.

75882 - A really nice looking red car on what looks like a block with a ramp on the end. There' s a yellow gear and rubber band on the side of the box. The end has a giant fan structure. Off to the side there is a (poorly built) "station" that looked like it holds wheels, some glass container, and I think there was a camera. 3 minifigs.

75881 - Two Ford cars, 2016 GT and 1966 GT40. Remember that cool Ford car with the angled hood they said wasn't coming out? It is! In black/white. The other car is blue, red, and white. There's a small podium with a giant gold trophy. 3 minifigs

75883 - Giant set! There's a very long build in the back that contains a camera on an operated crane, I think the actual pit stop the car can be put inside, and a giant winners area on the far left. Their corners are made with the giant round pieces used for the Alien Conquest UFOs and the smaller ones as well. The other builds include 2 white/green Formula cars, a cart, a "christmas tree", a hot dog cart, and 5 minifigs.

75877 - Grey car. The front bumper sticks out a little too much. Extra hood, and a driver.

75878 - Blue and black car with no prints. Speed Champ prelims are usually on bland, pale backgrounds and so unfinished so nothing much to show. It uses the 3x3 inverted arch piece in black though.

That's all I saw for now!

Edited by CM4Sci