IcarusBuilds

[MOC][WIP][LDD] Minifig Scale Rebels Ghost Build

On 7.12.2016 at 5:11 PM, IcarusBuilds said:

Hey everyone,

So I was finally able to get all the bricks needed to complete my Phantom, so I'm posting some pics of the finished build.

IMG_20161206_222305.jpg IMG_20161206_222340.jpg IMG_20161206_222357.jpg IMG_20161206_222502.jpg IMG_20161206_222515.jpg IMG_20161206_222535.jpg IMG_20161206_222626.jpg IMG_20161206_222731.jpg IMG_20161206_222858.jpg

And as promised I'm adding the .lxf file for it.

Phantom_Scale_Project_Final.gif

rendered using bublible's SunFlow MOD v20160627 as rendering engine for BR

You can (download temporarily removed)

Hope you enjoy, the Ghost will hopefully be coming before the end of December.

HI! could You upload lxf for the Phantom again oooor pm/email me a copy ? amazing guild man, great respect for You!!

did a bit of reverscats.jpg.b50f2d23bbdb620e4a225c924ad46d21.jpge engineering, changed few thngs and i got sth like that ;) 

Edited by BartZ
no atachment

www.brickvault.toys will build the UCS GHOST and is selling then the instructions. Looks like somebody took a huuuuuge inspiration on this model and updated it to the GHOST version seen from season 3. The designer is also on their page. Or is it the same builder?

The two versions look alike but differ a bit old vs. new version

Ghost_Scale_Project_REBUILD_11.jpgghost1_900x.PNG?v=1512455479

Edited by sokewl

On 12/6/2017 at 6:55 AM, sokewl said:

www.brickvault.toys will build the UCS GHOST and is selling then the instructions. Looks like somebody took a huuuuuge inspiration on this model and updated it to the GHOST version seen from season 3. The designer is also on their page. Or is it the same builder?

Well that is not me, so not the same designer.

There do seem to be a some similarities, but overall they seem to have tackled many aspects differently, so good on them.

It's always interesting to see others take on the ship.

I was notified of a builder who took on the challenge of building my version though, which is quite the task.

Link to his build progress here: https://dmarkng.wixsite.com/dmarkng/single-post/2017/07/26/Rebels-Ghost---A-16k-Brick-Project

On another note, to the many asking for a copy of the LDD files, I have been considering making them available again.

At this point, I really don't know if I will ever have the time or money to build this behemoth myself, as much as I would like too.

So by sharing the files and having more people build it, then maybe one day I will be able to see it built in person.

I will try to re-upload the files soon. And if you take on the challenge, please let me know. Thanks.

On 12/6/2017 at 3:55 AM, sokewl said:

Just thought I would drop by and say hello. I'm Charlie and I started designing the fig scale Ghost for www.Brickvault.toys in January - see twitter post below. At that time I was completely unaware that anyone had attempted a fig scale ghost and was honestly excited to be the first person to do it. Part way through the build I started to collaborate with a builder named Sean and he finished up the design for me. We drew inspiration from the most recent seasons of Rebels and the official images from Rogue One which shows off some really cool added details for the live action version. Part way through the design process we did become aware of this ghost via Daryl NG's Flickr page and then from there to this forum. We of course looked at the model but in all honesty we had finished the majority of the design work at that point. When comparing our finished design with @IcarusBuilds I do see some similarities, and I honestly believe a lot of that is due to there being an obvious way to build specific areas. And also the fact that we are both building the same ship at the same scale a wedge plate technique is the clear solution to many of the Ghost's difficult angles.

Anyway I don't mean to sound defensive I just don't want any copycat insinuations to get out of hand before we have a chance to defend our design.

I really like @IcarusBuilds take on the Ghost and I hope he is able to build it some day. We ended up at almost 12k parts so the BrickLink order was painful to say the least :/

Edited by BrickVault

@BrickVault Hey thanks for posting! It's great to hear from another Ghost designer.

First things first, I'd like to apologize, in no way was I trying to imply that your Ghost copied mine in any way. I was simply trying to differentiate us as being different people.

As far as any similarities go, there are only so many brick combinations available when building the same thing at the same scale, similarities are going to happen.

I personally find it exciting that more minifig scale Ghosts are being made, for a while I was the only one that I could find, which was partly what spurred my desire to make one in the first place.

It's pretty neat to hear that you had the same driving force behind yours.

I hope to see more of your creations in the future.

Edited by IcarusBuilds
Spelling correction.

@IcarusBuilds Thanks for the reply, and no apology necessary I was more defending myself against @sokewl insinuation. I find it quite cool to see how we both came to the same design conclusions about certain parts of the ship and then completely different in other areas.

14 hours ago, BrickVault said:

@IcarusBuilds Thanks for the reply, and no apology necessary I was more defending myself against @sokewl insinuation. I find it quite cool to see how we both came to the same design conclusions about certain parts of the ship and then completely different in other areas.

When I said inspirations that wasn't necessarily insinuation. It's just a fact that icarusbuilds released the ship first and shared the files so that was my obvious thought. They really lookalike but maybe because the limited building techniques doesn't allow so many styles. I'm always glad ppl create these mocs and share it with others. So definitely a huuuuuge thanks to both of you for the work. 

Edited by sokewl

Hello everyone.

Back at the beginning of December I had mentioned re-uploading the files for my Ghost and Phantom. I have been super busy with life stuff and haven't had the time to do so, and I thank you for your patience. However during this time some users have felt it necessary to bombard me with messages asking me to re-upload the files faster. After explaining that I simply haven't had the time, it stopped. But has now started back up under different usernames. Due to this harassment, I have made the decision to not re-upload the files. I apologize to anyone who was really looking forward to building my model. I look forward to showing off more MOCs in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

IcarusBuilds