IcarusBuilds

[MOC][WIP][LDD] Minifig Scale Rebels Ghost Build

2 minutes ago, kylefriz said:

Hello @IcarusBuilds!!!  This MOC is simply incredible and i cant wait to hopefully build it one day myself!  personally a pet peeve of mine is when there is no windscreen where there is supposed to be one.  i know brickbuilt cockpits are generally more accurate for star wars builds but it is just a personal preference therefore i have made a slight MOD to the top cockpit in LDD.  would you mind if i posted it on here or would you rather i keep it to myself?  

By all means post it here. I am interested to see what you came up with, The reason I went with a brick built cockpit was because I could figure out a way to use any of the Lego windscreens to do it.

1 hour ago, ScottishDave said:

That looks utterly fabulous! Congratulations on completing this marathon project.

Thank you for the .lxf file as well - very nice! My nine-year-old wants to know if I'm going to build it, and if so, where I'm going to PUT it (the obvious answer is "his room", so I guess that's what he's angling for!)

One tip for anyone else having problems opening this file: switch OFF the "Outline on bricks" option and restart LDD before you try to open the file.

I'm glad you like it, and nice to see you kept up with my build, especially since it was seeing your Phantom that inspired me to show off what I had built in the first place. Oh and thanks for mentioning turning off the outlines, definitely helps with the whole crashing issue.

Here is the LXF!!! https://www.dropbox.com/s/29way0u90b8ors9/the ghost.lxf?dl=0  I didnt use just one cockpit piece but i did my best to get the shape right.  Sadly there's not as much white on there to break it up but perhaps another person could mod this again to make it more accurate haha.  I also added stand in minifigs of the ghost crew and chopper and some other minor details such as seats on top of the brick built ones, changing the undercarriage to grey instead of white, making the fronts and backs of the tan stripes on the escape pod tubes sand yellow instead of dark grey, and attempted to make the controls more accurate.  I hope you like the few mods i've made!  I love this MOC and have been looking forward to you finishing it for so long!  It's been a wild ride haha.   

Edited by kylefriz

This phantom looks amazing and I love the fact you included the LXF for both ships but I am curious as to what happened to the interior with all the rooms and why the landing gear look like they could not hold it up.

15 hours ago, kylefriz said:

Here is the LXF!!! https://www.dropbox.com/s/29way0u90b8ors9/the ghost.lxf?dl=0  I didnt use just one cockpit piece but i did my best to get the shape right.  Sadly there's not as much white on there to break it up but perhaps another person could mod this again to make it more accurate haha.  I also added stand in minifigs of the ghost crew and chopper and some other minor details such as seats on top of the brick built ones, changing the undercarriage to grey instead of white, making the fronts and backs of the tan stripes on the escape pod tubes sand yellow instead of dark grey, and attempted to make the controls more accurate.  I hope you like the few mods i've made!  I love this MOC and have been looking forward to you finishing it for so long!  It's been a wild ride haha.   

Interesting changes, though unfortunately the cockpit design wouldn't work for a real brick build, due to some of those pieces not existing in trans-black.

6 hours ago, MilkPls69 said:

This phantom looks amazing and I love the fact you included the LXF for both ships but I am curious as to what happened to the interior with all the rooms and why the landing gear look like they could not hold it up.

I'm currently not uploading the interior, I'm holding on to that for now, also with the stability issues of the Ghost model trying to add in the interior immediately crashes LDD. As far as the landing gear, I went for accuracy over practicality, a brick built model would need additional support for sure.

11 minutes ago, La Chupacabra said:

Impressive! Do you plan to build something else from Rebels show ?

I would like to make some more things from Rebels, currently I have an Inquisitor's Tie Fighter that's scaled to my Ghost that I've been working on.

27 minutes ago, IcarusBuilds said:

I would like to make some more things from Rebels, currently I have an Inquisitor's Tie Fighter that's scaled to my Ghost that I've been working on.

It's a pitty. I hoped for Imperial Landing Craft :wub:

Edited by La Chupacabra

@IcarusBuilds i think the 2x6 bowed shells are the only pieces that don't come in trans brown.  i ccant wait to see what you do with the phantom ii tho!  i like it more than the original phantom lol also any chance youll ever upload the LXF with interior?  

Wow, thanks for the file!! 

For anyone wanting to this is "scale" with one other sets to get an idea of size.

ucs_ghost_ucs_falcon.png

I had to delete the bottoms of both ships so the file didn't crash. But, your UCS Ghost is about another foot longer than the UCS Falcon and wider too!!

Impressive work IcarusBuilds.

Jamie 

11 minutes ago, jamie75 said:

Wow, thanks for the file!! 

For anyone wanting to this is "scale" with one other sets to get an idea of size.

ucs_ghost_ucs_falcon.png

I had to delete the bottoms of both ships so the file didn't crash. But, your UCS Ghost is about another foot longer than the UCS Falcon and wider too!!

Impressive work IcarusBuilds.

Jamie 

Hey Jamie, thanks for the comparison pic. I did a lot of researching while building the Ghost and based on everything I found, my Ghost should be the same scale as the UCS Falcon, just goes to show how big it really is.

Agreed, I wouldn't have thought it was THAT big compared to the Falcon!!

Now, where to display this??

Thanks again, Jamie

20 hours ago, IcarusBuilds said:

I'm glad you like it, and nice to see you kept up with my build, especially since it was seeing your Phantom that inspired me to show off what I had built in the first place.

I'm glad I inspired you: and I'm delighted with the results.

18 minutes ago, IcarusBuilds said:

my Ghost should be the same scale as the UCS Falcon, just goes to show how big it really is.

I counted the studs last night. I may be a stud or two off, but I make it almost 133 studs long, or 105cm: which makes it just under 1:42 - the same scale as the UCS Falcon, sure enough.

That totally sells it for me - I really have to try and build this beauty now!

I really like all the detail in this project of yours. The ship looks very good altogether.

So now you've build the Phantom in real life, I assume you're really going to try to build the whole thing? Good luck!

Im not into rebels as far as the series go but that doesn't prevent me from being in complete awe of this! I remember seing your first post where you presented your plans and I really didn't have high hopes in how this turns out. Well, luckily I couldnt be more false on that. Magnificent job!

And I hope Dave is actually going to build. This would totally deserve real rendition!

Wow....Just Wow! I've clocked up hours of research for dimensions, scaling etc to build my own large scale Ghost Moc and I've binned it because there is very few things that aren't perfect about your design. Thank you for sharing your LDD file, I don't think anyone would have begrudged you keeping it to yourself.

I know its a new development but the Ghost as it's seen in Rogue One on Yavin IV shows a bit of greebling on the vertical front edges of the wings as opposed to the cleaner lines from the Rebels series.

Ghost Rogue One.JPG

Most impressive. Can't wait to see the irl version of this.

And wow, that size comparison with 10179 REALLY puts things in perspective! :laugh:

Hey Everyone,

First of all, this MOC is amazing! I'm sure everyone who has seen it would say the same. However I have one issue with this model regarding the front of the ship. I've seen other comments talking about this, but it seems that there is now way around the state of the windows. Because there is no specialized lego window to fit the cockpit, it makes it nearly impossible to make it out of actual lego windows. Fortunately, the gunner window can be made out of a single piece rather than out of bricks like the cockpit. However I prefer the windows of the ship to be of one type rather than different types. I tried my very best to make my own version (LXF). I'm sure that someone could blow my design out of the way, but I prefer this to the single piece window the creator intended. I've also attached some photos below for those who don't have time to open my LXF in LDD...

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.05.42 PM.png    Here is a photo from the front. It doesn't look great, but it has potential.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.05.52 PM.png    From the side it looks somewhat odd, but again, I think it has potential.

:thumbup: Share Your Thoughts! :thumbdown:

Download : LXF

34 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@NotSampleText looks good from the front, but I feel pieces needed to be added to the side to make it look better...

I agree. The Ghost doesn't have any other aspects besides the stripes on the bubble though. I feel like perhaps some other form of detail would do it justice, I'm just not sure what.  

EDIT: In the photo of it featured in Rogue One, there are more stripes. Here is the new version.

Edited by NotSampleText

These ships,are too awesome for words!

i am inspired and motivated to build the whole lot along with interiors - so, please, please post the LXF for the Ghost's interiors so that I can get to grips with the structural elements.

i don't suppose you have the HTML instructions and parts list?

Edited by Mananan
Wanted to add additional content

To whoever tries to build this monster... good luck and if you finish it, congrats you have yourself a minifig scale Ghost. I envy you

Oh, its beautiful...

-Krennic

Can't believe that I haven't seen this thread before.  Wonderful ship!  The full design next to that of the Falcon really gives a great idea as to just how big it is.  Would love to see someone who is up for the challenge of building it!

Since the new millennium falcon is releasing soon and this being my favorite ship I just wanted to ask..... Is there any new updates on this moc? Any chances to get the interior to see or even ldd files?

Did somebody build it?

;)

thanks guys :)

Now I'm not a huge fan of the show, but this ship is just amazing. I love how you designed it and it looks perfect. I would totally build this thing if I had the time and money. 

Any LDD files on the interior?

could anybody extract the step by step building instructions from the lxf file thru ldd? i couldnt. or can i see them anywhere else?