Sign in to follow this  
jensbrix

[PORSCHE] Porsche 956

Hello guys,

This is what I've been working on for the past month or so, which will be my entry for the Porsche contest. It's of course one of the most succesful racing cars of all time, the 956. In the beginning of the 80's, it took 4 consecutive wins at Le Mans, before its successor, the 962, continued taking another few victories. The 956 and 962 still remained competitive into the 90's, and the 956 holds the 33-year old lap record of the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

It's not finished yet, however I've reached the point where I know where most things has to go, and I will start rebuilding it and include the remaining features.

It has:

- 4 speed manual gearbox with shifter linkage

- Flat 6 fake engine

- Steering with steering wheel and HOG

- Full independent suspension

egbxbo.jpg

4kuvyv.jpg

2vjad6v.jpg

33xhhxc.jpg

I choose to go with a very simple bodywork, partly because of the parts I have available, and partly because I like the chassis and its workings to be visible. The chassis is pretty rigid, and the car is easily picked up and moved by its roof.

Next step is rebuilding it will all of its features, and add some details to the engine and chassis (exhausts, intercoolers, etc.), before taking some pictures with a proper camera for the contest entry :)

I'm not a huge fan of these skeletal bodies, guess I'm more of a panel guy, but I like the shaping you managed to convey with just the flex axles.

Comparing your model with 8070 you have in background I wonder it fit under 60/20/30cm (length/height/width) limit?