BrickWild

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 - MODs, Improvements, Attachments, etc

On 12/13/2016 at 7:08 AM, efferman said:

hi guys, the lxf for the saddle trac is done. Can please someone take a look for bugs?

30776639294_70f4eabb4c_c.jpg

Hi Efferman: I may be a little off topic, but was hoping you might assist in opening the Xerion RC instructions on Bricksafe?  https://bricksafe.com/pages/efferman  

Just joined the forum, so cannot use the PM yet.  Thank you!

20 hours ago, oxyjansen said:

Hi Efferman: I may be a little off topic, but was hoping you might assist in opening the Xerion RC instructions on Bricksafe?  https://bricksafe.com/pages/efferman  

Just joined the forum, so cannot use the PM yet.  Thank you!

Go to LDD, if you have it. Open the file and select building instructions.

Hello Everybody ,

For the moment i'am building a full rc Claas Xerion with 7 motors , controlled with 2 S'brick .

Rotation for Cabin will be disconected for the reason that i don't use this fuction and in future build there are coming 12 led's in the cabin roof .

DSC08735.JPG

Just now, technicbuilder said:

Hello Everybody ,

For the moment i'am building a full rc Claas Xerion with 7 motors , controlled with 2 S'brick .

Rotation for Cabin will be disconected for the reason that i don't use this fuction and in future build there are coming 12 led's in the cabin roof .

DSC08735.JPG

I can not uplaod more pictures 

On 7/24/2016 at 5:09 PM, ctx1769 said:

Gonna get of these so i can build the 8 tyre version of it Claas_XERION_5000_in_dual_wheel_configuration.jpg

2 sets sorry

Here's the double-wheeled Xerion, full-equipped with both Main- and B-model tools. The roof lights also light up when the motor is turned on (without affecting the cabin rotation).

45932794364_9584ba2033_h.jpg

Edited by ozacek

On 8/12/2016 at 10:56 PM, BrickWild said:

Anyone tried building a Red Edition like this one?

Claas+xerion+5000+redds.jpg

There's the red version of the Xerion. It's also 4WD driven by an XL-motor and servo-steered (both remote-controlled) while preserving the 3 steering modes and cabin rotation (although now manual since the mechanism had to go to make way for the servo-motor). The battery is still turned on by the side power-lever.

32809285818_ed90e88a9b_h.jpg

Edited by ozacek

On 1/5/2019 at 5:14 AM, ozacek said:

Here's the double-wheeled Xerion, full-equipped with both Main- and B-model tools. The roof lights also light up when the motor is turned on.

That looks sweet with the front attachment! Mind sharing your solution for mounting the dual tires?

6 hours ago, zoo said:

That looks sweet with the front attachment! Mind sharing your solution for mounting the dual tires?

Sure. It's based on an earlier post, but with modifications. The large wheels cause strong torsion on their axis, so the central axle is important.

This solution leaves a small gap between the wheels, but it doesn't seem possible to properly bridge it. You could remove the 1/2-bushes and use 2L axles instead of 3L, but they would only partially enter the bush-longpin's and so it compromises the strength.

39729423003_166181b103_h.jpg

Edited by ozacek

22 hours ago, ozacek said:

There's the red version of the Xerion. It's also 4WD driven by an XL-motor and servo-steered (both remote-controlled) while preserving the 3 steering modes and cabin rotation (although now manual since the mechanism had to go to make way for the servo-motor). The battery is still turned on by the side power-lever.

Nice mod. The red version looks great. I think the red soft axle is probably the only rare part. May look ok with black axle also.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:48 PM, ozacek said:

This solution leaves a small gap between the wheels, but it doesn't seem possible to properly bridge it.

Cool, thanks! I've been playing around with different wheels to use as spacers but so far I haven't found one that matches the look I'm after. There might be more options available for other colours than red though.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:48 PM, ozacek said:

This solution leaves a small gap between the wheels, but it doesn't seem possible to properly bridge it. 

Actually this is perfectly realistic. If you look at the picture of the real machine you will see that it also has a gap between it's wheels.

12 minutes ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Actually this is perfectly realistic. If you look at the picture of the real machine you will see that it also has a gap between it's wheels.

You're correct. It is properly. I stood next to many machines and tractors with double wheels. Could put my hand with the width between the wheels. I think it has to do with that the space between the tires is needed when they have to carry much wheight, the side will bulge out. I hope this is correct vocabulary...

It is, the side walls would wear each other away otherwise - its the same on the duel wheels or trucks.

Also there is the crop row width element with tractors, they're spaced to run in the gaps. Great solution though, and takes away the torque on the centre axle

Hello Everyone! :)

I know its not really professional, but here is my first ever MOC. :)

Actually I do not even know if it counts as a MOC, because only the attachment is modified.

I tried to build a plow attachment from the original attachment parts. 2 motorised functions: arm can turn to the right side of the tractor and also up-down like in the pics.

PS: I am really proud of it. :D

Pics:

IMG-20200318-200929.jpg

IMG-20200318-200942.jpg

IMG-20200318-201059.jpg

On 1/31/2017 at 10:05 AM, Dafgek81 said:

I will wait for the RC version of the Saddletrac, Efferman told me he would look into it when he finishes the Dino machine. Hope he makes it and a LXF for it.

Anyone know if an RC Saddle Trac has been made?

If a manure tank or something else bulky was put on the back, motor and IR receievers could be hidden in it, making the challenge of RC'ing a bit easier.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:08 AM, ozacek said:

32809285818_ed90e88a9b_h.jpg

I built it in red, but little different.

I used 42082 Rough Terrain set as base, so this MOC will be 100% from this set without any other parts (sadly for tractor tires)

But it came really well, details bellow:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/klimax/claas-xerion-5000-trac-vc-with-8-attachments-from-42082

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-47508/klimax/claas-xerion-5000-trac-vc-with-8-attachments-42082-c-model-42054-alternate/

Including 8 attachments (mostly new) , so for (at least my child) the playability is perfect :)

Edited by ace_klimax

I have created three new attachments to be used on the Claas Xerion.

Rotary Tiller

rotary_tiller_2.jpg

It can be opened:

rotary_tiller_1.jpg

And is powered by the PTO with sides that click in a simpler way than on the official set:

rotary_tiller_5.jpg

Building instructions for it can be found here: https://brickhub.org/i/694

Disc Harrow

disc_harrow_1.jpg

It is a fairly simple offset style disc harrow. I selected this style as it allows for more discs than seen on the more normal X-style.

disc_harrow_4.jpg

The instructions can be found here: https://brickhub.org/i/693

Hay Tedder

hay_tedder_1.jpg

The sides can be lifted. Please don't run the PTO when in this position:

hay_tedder_2.jpg

Small turntables are used to allow the wheels to be mounted below the rotating parts:

hay_tedder_4.jpg

And the side lifting mechanism is also fairly simple:

hay_tedder_5.jpg

Building instructions for this can be found here: https://brickhub.org/i/695

Unfortunately I killed my own Claas Xerion in order to get parts for the John Deere tractor, but the PTO is the same and the implements work on both tractors in exactly the same way.

I knew I had another Claas Xerion lying around somewhere, so I was able to rebuild this amazing set... and show that the attachments work:

The Disc Harrow obviously works. I doubt anyone had doubts about that.

99_claas3.jpg

By adjusting the Shutter speed, the rotary tiller spins nicely from the PTO:

99_claas6.jpg

But the most fun is of course when looking at the Hay Tedder doing its thing:

99_claas9.jpg

Building instructions as seen in my previous post are free on https://brickhub.org

Does anyone know anything about this kit from winner brick, would really like to get hold of the instructions.

E09F0724-0EAA-4530-9726-AC95422FE130.jpeg