BrickWild

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 - MODs, Improvements, Attachments, etc

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I guess the crane they released was a blessing in disguise: the preliminary crane would have made the set $20-$30 more in Canada, which would have put it out of my budget. Thus, no CLAAS for me. But the price was relatively low, so I was able to get one. 

And you can add new telehandler (set 42061) to your collection and you have possibility to recreate crane from prototype images...Here in Croatia situation is not better, even worse in some aspect - lots of sets are missing some parts etc...

Doing some color rework. Haven't been tearing the set much apart so there's still some original lime in there though. And ain't got all the right parts in black/white =(

2017-07-23%2007.19.00.jpg

2017-07-23%2007.19.49.jpg

2017-07-23%2007.20.07.jpg

2017-07-23%2007.20.34.jpg

Edited by Ad_Astra

6 hours ago, Ad_Astra said:

And ain't got all the right parts in black/white ...

What? If you bought the set, why no black panels?

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

What? If you bought the set, why no black panels?

Tried with the white smaller ones. Thought it looked better this way becayue ain't got white ones.

Just finished building my 42054. Just the original, no mods for now.

What is the grey block on the front side supposed to be? Even when looking at pictures of the actual tractor, I don't see it.

1 hour ago, Daniel Jackson said:

Just finished building my 42054. Just the original, no mods for now.

What is the grey block on the front side supposed to be? Even when looking at pictures of the actual tractor, I don't see it.

it is a counterweight, with different weight options.

16 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

it is a counterweight, with different weight options.

Ah of course. That's why they're removable. It seems so obvious now. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Daniel Jackson said:

Ah of course. That's why they're removable. It seems so obvious now. Thanks!

You are welcome!

Come to think of it, I need to post my reverser switch mod for this.

Today I start building my 42054 per efferman's impressive mods. Very exciting!

Once I get a feel for its capabilities, I plan to apply it -- with the proper custom attachments -- to a growing problem in Washington, DC: Some of the manure spewing forth from the White House falls short of its intended target -- the Trump base in the red states -- and falls back onto Washington. If only politicians lived there, I'd be OK with that, but hundreds of thousands of ordinary citizens are also getting buried, and the streets are quickly becoming impassible.

Being new to manure handling on this scale, I'd appreciate suggestions as to how the Xerion might be used move thick accumulations of manure from DC streets to the halls of Congress and the offices of cabinet members, where it all belongs. I'd be willing to drive over parked cars with Congressional license plates if necessary.

Edited by jam8280

Hello, 

I just finished my 42054 Standard and would like to make the RC mod from Efferman ! Does anybody knows if an xml file with the additional needed parts exist ? this would help a lot !

thanks in advance

On 3/2/2017 at 7:38 PM, Dafgek81 said:

I like the crane, any chance on instructions and partslist???

Only half a year later, here are reverse video instructions, as amateurish as the model itself:

Hi, I used the Youtube video of Schraubedrin to create an Ldraw file of the preliminary crane. Schraubedrin, thanks for the video. Anyone who wants to turn this into instructions, feel free to use this file.

Bricksafe folder

Happy building.

Edited by robert

Hello,

I'm trying to build Efferman’s MOC for Lego Set 42054. The problem is that after I complete the lxf number 1 and start number 2, it already includes the steps in number 1. After some steps, I loose my stand in the progress. I need to find a way to remove steps in first xfl from steps in second xfl and continue to do so that I can see the incremental progress.

If i open the latest one (number 72), then there are problems of pieces hanging out in 3 dimension and pieces listed in non-sequential progress.

How would you recommend to proceed or is there another way to build it step by step?

I just registered to ask this question:). It's a great modification Efferman has made to this set.

Regards.

9 hours ago, Classicman said:

Hello,

I'm trying to build Efferman’s MOC for Lego Set 42054. The problem is that after I complete the lxf number 1 and start number 2, it already includes the steps in number 1. After some steps, I loose my stand in the progress. I need to find a way to remove steps in first xfl from steps in second xfl and continue to do so that I can see the incremental progress.

If i open the latest one (number 72), then there are problems of pieces hanging out in 3 dimension and pieces listed in non-sequential progress.

How would you recommend to proceed or is there another way to build it step by step?

I just registered to ask this question:). It's a great modification Efferman has made to this set.

Regards.

Hello Classic man

Once I'd opened the 2nd file in LDD I used the "hide" function to hide the "new" pieces that have been added since step 1 one at a time (taking care to make sure you could actually take them off if you had the model in your hands), then when you've stripped the model back to what you had after step 1 you simply undo the steps one at at time and add the real pieces.

I hope you understand and that it helps you.

Regards 

Chip.

8 hours ago, Chipstertrain said:

Hello Classic man

Once I'd opened the 2nd file in LDD I used the "hide" function to hide the "new" pieces that have been added since step 1 one at a time (taking care to make sure you could actually take them off if you had the model in your hands), then when you've stripped the model back to what you had after step 1 you simply undo the steps one at at time and add the real pieces.

I hope you understand and that it helps you.

Regards 

Chip.

Thank you for the reply. That method is very prone to mistakes as I can easily miss a piece. Besides, I must hide pieces in a sequence so that each time I undo afterwards, pieces should align in proper steps. It isn't sustainable for me.

What might help is to group the parts from step (n-1) once you've hidden the new parts one by one. Then you can recolor or hide the group so the new pieces are easier to make out.

On 06.12.2017 at 10:20 PM, JonathanM said:

What might help is to group the parts from step (n-1) once you've hidden the new parts one by one. Then you can recolor or hide the group so the new pieces are easier to make out.

Thanks for the reply. I failed to progress. Didn’t think it would be this hard.

It's a challenge for sure, but you get better at it with practice. It does make following lego instructions a bit more boring as they're too easy then :)

On 26-11-2017 at 6:57 PM, schraubedrin said:

@robert, you are awesome. Thanks for doing that!

@Schraubedrin Thank you. I couldn't resist creating instructions as well. Happy building!

Bricksafe folder