BrickWild

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 - MODs, Improvements, Attachments, etc

hello,

In the previous comments is mentioned a better arm for the Xerion, I just tried to build it on the existing gearbox...this is what I came up with in just a few hours...

there are some similar bricks used as mentioned earlier.

thanks for reading and please leave any comments...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6456059

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6456058

On 6-1-2017 at 6:32 AM, tismabrick said:

Can't see the images.

I will look into that today..

typical brickshelf problem. sometimes it needs a few days till the folders are public. deeplinks would working, but mostly the pictures are simply to large for that use.

Thanks efferman, I will make new photos this afternoon and will make smaller versions of it so that I can post it in this thread.

edit:

-pics removed-

Instead of the brickshelf link I thought I'd post them here...so here it is..

the crane is a MOC so it is NOT finished...I'm waiting for a decent attachment for the Xerion..anyone a good advice...?

(Sorry moderators if the pictures are to big...)

Edited by Milan
Removed way to big pictures.

3 hours ago, mzzl88 said:

-SNIP-

the crane is a MOC so it is NOT finished...I'm waiting for a decent attachment for the Xerion..anyone a good advice...?

(Sorry moderators if the pictures are to big...)

This looks really nice:

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/RB-instructions/mower-for-claas-xerion-5000-mhwerk

At the moment it's not worth 20 euro to me, but maybe it is for you.

Updated: It looks like their ebay account has more nice attachments.

Edited by teos

I looked at the other attachments, they look cool, but €14,- for those small things is a lot.

@mzzl88

I had to remove your pictures, they were way bigger than allowed.

If you have troubles with Brickshelf, I would suggest you to use Flickr. There you can use their option to link the pics in the size you want.

1 hour ago, Siegfried Meyer said:

I personally find Bricksafe user friendly and reliable :wink: with all the above mentioned createria.

+1, upload and link desired size, fast and easy (although I screwed up the folder structure the first time )

Is anyone planning to do instructions for efferman's amazing creations?

Almost there with 11% more to go! Cant wait to start on my attachment I'm gonna use a egg nog container (half gallon) and make a water pump system to go on top. Then the attachment where the water or in this case weed killer will flow threw some pipe I bought from ace hardware 6ft of it for $3.18 way much cheaper than silicone piping. It s a weed spray attachment that really works! or hopefully works.....

Edited by The Vooduist

Hello all,

After having build the great efferman RC mod, I'm looking into building the saddle track.. As I'm always justifying my builds by giving my kids something to play with ?, I would need it to be RC as well...

Has anybody build it RC by using the rc body from the Xerion rc mid successfully?As suggested by efferman...

Cheers Roland

11 hours ago, Rolando said:

Hello all,

After having build the great efferman RC mod, I'm looking into building the saddle track.. As I'm always justifying my builds by giving my kids something to play with ?, I would need it to be RC as well...

Has anybody build it RC by using the rc body from the Xerion rc mid successfully?As suggested by efferman...

Cheers Roland

Haven't seen any here yet, but would be cool, two off those beast rolling around in the room...

5 hours ago, efferman said:

There is one rc saddle trac, but unfortunately only some dark pictures

Hi Effe,

Are you going to make a rc version off the saddletrac? Or a modification option for the mid section off your rc Xerion like Rolando mentioned??

18 hours ago, efferman said:

When i have done my fmx dino 5, i will look on it

Great, maybe I can build both and drive them next to each other.

Unfortunately, I had to give up on building the saddletrac.  LDD's building guide has too many floating parts that do not connect and I'm struggling to keep track of where they go.  It was a good (& expensive) lesson to learn as a new technic builder, though it's not like I can't use the parts for a different project.  

@teos 

If you break the saddle track up in modules and then use the hide brick button to get access to the most inner parts it makes it easier

Took me about 13hours of building fun and was way more fun stimulating than following a BI from TLG

Hopefully this will help you finish the build

Edited by Siegfried Meyer
changed word

10 hours ago, Siegfried Meyer said:

@teos 

If you break the saddle track up in modules and then use the hide brick button to get access to the most inner parts it makes it easier

Took me about 13hours of building fun and was way more fun stimulating than following a BI from TLG

Hopefully this will help you finish the build

Thank you for your advice.  One question, how do you determine what should be in a module?  I've used the hide function before when building large (system parts) models, so I'm familiar with the value of using that feature.

You should start with the part around the battery box, then build from this center to the outside

36 minutes ago, teos said:

Thank you for your advice.  One question, how do you determine what should be in a module?  I've used the hide function before when building large (system parts) models, so I'm familiar with the value of using that feature.

It takes some practice, becuase with liftarm constructions sometimes you have to build in three directions almost in the same time.

3 hours ago, teos said:

One question, how do you determine what should be in a module? 

Like any vehicle it consists of certain modules e.g. chassis, axles, gearbox, cab, and body panels.  The build doesn't have to follow that sequence,  but I've found that it mostly does.

I broke it down as follows

• centre chassis ( battery box section) like @efferman suggested previously
  • rear axle
  • gearbox (section above front axle)
  • front axle
  • cab
  • mudguards

Hope this doesn't make it to easy for you:wink: good luck and please post pic's when done.

chau