BrickWild

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 - MODs, Improvements, Attachments, etc

12 hours ago, efferman said:

Is your saddle trac a c-model or a completely custom build?  I'm just wondering as I bought a second 42054 to have double wide tires and was curious if I could build your model with the remaining pieces (heck I'd take the double tires off to have another tractor).

it is unfortunately not a pure c model. the partcount is comparable, but with many different parts.

12 hours ago, efferman said:

it is unfortunately not a pure c model. the partcount is comparable, but with many different parts.

I tried to gather a parts list by converting the LDD to Ldraw and opening in Brickstock, but I came up with some weird color combinations.  Magenta and Trans-Medium Blue parts that don't exist.  I'll have to try another time with your older file.

Are the red parts the revision off the original????

16 minutes ago, teos said:

I tried to gather a parts list by converting the LDD to Ldraw and opening in Brickstock, but I came up with some weird color combinations.  Magenta and Trans-Medium Blue parts that don't exist.  I'll have to try another time with your older file.

You can upload the LDD as a private MOC on Rebrickable, then program should give you a acurate partslist.

Hello everybody Efferman do you think you can make a movie explaining the motorized functions of the saddle trac or you can just tell me also would be nice plz. I'm asking because I'm putting or trying to put a ev3 in it and make it self driving to spray weeds on my parents pool deck but not spray in the pool.  

6 hours ago, Dafgek81 said:

Are the red parts the revision off the original????

You can upload the LDD as a private MOC on Rebrickable, then program should give you a acurate partslist.

Thanks!  This worked okay and I've begun to pull the parts from what I have on hand.  Started at 220 lots and now down to 118.

5 hours ago, teos said:

Thanks!  This worked okay and I've begun to pull the parts from what I have on hand.  Started at 220 lots and now down to 118.

Glad I could help. Although I sometimes get the notion that parts are left out.

@efferman Thanks again for sharing your creation  done with the model and impressed with your building style.  If you don't mind, I made some esthetic changes to the cab platform tell me what you think... & Happy New Year's wishes to all members , may this be the best year of mogging/modding :thumbup::thumbup:

Now some Eye candy (apologies pic's aren't the best)

600x400.jpg 600x400.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg

Cheers

Works great just one turn more than I'm use to.  The steering mode selection takes some time to get the hang of but works really well

Adding Pic

The attachment is taking shape

600x400.jpg

Edited by Siegfried Meyer
Add pic don't want to double post

wow, really looking good guys...I have just a question, recently bought the Claas and loved to build it. However the turntable of the crane is still moving with the levers in neutral, do you experience this as well or did I just slip up with building this...?

On 12/31/2016 at 2:20 PM, Siegfried Meyer said:

@efferman Thanks again for sharing your creation  done with the model and impressed with your building style.  If you don't mind, I made some esthetic changes to the cab platform tell me what you think... & Happy New Year's wishes to all members , may this be the best year of mogging/modding :thumbup::thumbup:

Now some Eye candy (apologies pic's aren't the best

Cheers

Do you know offhand, if the "Light Bluish Gray Liftarm 1x4 thin (32449)" pieces are really important to the build (color wise)?  They are a bit more expensive and harder to come by compared to Dark Bluish Gray.

I did not follow this thread: Is this a C-model? Or "out of the 42054 box" parts were used? Regardless the answer, it is great!

14 hours ago, J_C said:

I did not follow this thread: Is this a C-model? Or "out of the 42054 box" parts were used? Regardless the answer, it is great!

I had a spare 42054 sorted into my bins and possibly a small amount of parts from other technic sets and need to spend about $80-90 in parts for the Saddletrac.  I hope that helps you to have an idea of how much of the 42054 is used (maybe 60% as a rough guess).

20 minutes ago, teos said:

I had a spare 42054 sorted into my bins and possibly a small amount of parts from other technic sets and need to spend about $80-90 in parts for the Saddletrac.  I hope that helps you to have an idea of how much of the 42054 is used (maybe 60% as a rough guess).

Thanks, I am in the picture now. :wink: