BrickWild

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 - MODs, Improvements, Attachments, etc

my ldd generates the same partslist than yours, where do you think is the difference

1476 parts

On Rebrickable I get 1475 parts.

But that should mean I miss one part besides the servo motors.

Because both LDD and Rebrickable leave them out then.

When I try in LDD manager, I get a version error, model being 2075 version and my manager a 1275 version.

Updating that program won't work on My pc, because you get redirected to a Google drive installation program voor Google Chrome,I don't use that program.

I'm just building Effermans masterpiece at the moment (step 39) This is no MOD at all!!! This is pure MOC with some dimension and colour constraints. A real masterpiece and whole lot more complex than I have imagined! Efferman - YOU ARE A GENIOUS!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: "PRO" tag easily for this guy!

Best regards and respect,

miha

EDIT:

Finished the build. For the gearboxes I used "normal" white 3L axle connector + rubber 2L connector (damper), as used in instructions. I think it functions very well, although the levers must be turned with some extra force in order to overcome the rubber 2L connector, which I found was necessary to use, or the gearbox would be difficult to set to neutral. I am also very pleased with the instructions. Efferman really put a lot of effort into dividing them in easy-to-follow steps. I wouldn't recommend using the LDD's building guide mode, as it is a lot harder to recognize parts from previous steps. In each step just enough bricks are added, so you don't get to confused. One minor comment would be, that it would be even better if all pieces from previous step would be grouped in order to be shot off for better view. I guess that would mean a whole lot of extra work...

Another thing to point out is cable routing, as it took me a while to "studiy" how it woud best suit my point of view regarding controls and receiver, so I didn't follow nstructions by Effe, but routed the cables in my own way.

Thanks again to Efferman, it really has been a great build! Now it really screams for some nice trailer, which hopefully, I will build by myself :-)

Cheers!

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Two very impressive mod/moc by Efferman. I just get two 42054 boxes for those!

Thanks for sharing

Just finished build of Effermans great MOC (mod). I can agree with Miha, great design and very interesting building experience.

This was my first build from LDD file. For me, it was quite slow but very educational build.

Thanks again to Efferman for your great desing and sharing LDD for us.

I've added a simple adjustable hitch for different sizes of trailers or implements!
Here, it is hauling the dumper trailer from 8063!

29953118691_5c6b46c297_h.jpg

29953115421_d82031912d_h.jpg

30036679425_355f1bd87e_h.jpg

Look good but there is no vertical rotation when the tractor moves up or down, the attachment may twist ?

On 10/1/2016 at 7:45 PM, higgins91 said:

Look good but there is no vertical rotation when the tractor moves up or down, the attachment may twist ?

Just remove the two upper black pins.

10 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Just remove the two upper black pins.

Still no longitudinal free rotation: A pin with ball should be used or ball joint instead.

Hello again. I just came from »under«  my Xerion, which was in need of some repairs. As mentioned in posts above I modified Xerion according to Effermans fantastic MOD. It worked really nice with the standard attachments, but when putting on some heavy haul (about 3 extra kilos of loaded "wannabe" Krampe HP30 + Xerions own 1,6) the XL motor has show his might as one of the two 8t gears right at the motor got flatened - the teeth got combed in the direction of rotation :-) I guess the torque and speed at the very begining of the driveshaft were just to much for such loads or was it the instant kick of the motor - I don't know.

1_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

I decided to install a pair of 12/20 gears, which I wanted to be braced better so I had to raise a motor for a stud and move it forward to the front of the tractor for a stud. By doing so I had to sacrifice about a half of that sweet pendular rocking and turning while the front axle is not horizontal makes the wheels collide with my inprovised bracing for the new position of the motor. THe hood and its attachment point were also modified, as the motor was to high and the hood would close properly. 

2s_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

4s_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

640x655.jpg

So far, so good. The tractor is slower of course and I'm a bit frightened what might happen to those CV joints in the wheels, as now there is more torque transferred on them. Best way would be to drive it with a speed remote control, so that the drive train gets stressed slowly and not like a kick in the nuts :classic: In case you are wondering what might be those 3 kilos (1,8 when empty) - it's that small bathtub in the back :blush:

Cheers, miha

5s_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

Thx :-) Unfortunately, no instructions and I can't say I'll make one as it is really time consuming and I'm really short of it. After our LUG's exhibition in the middle of October I am planning to make a proper presentation of the trailer...

Hello ,

Here again a nice mod from the Claas ,it's from the same builder where in this topic already see some movie's

Edited by technicbuilder

That looks really cool Technicbuilder, i think that the implement that you have made is some kind of ground leveler or plow, i have seen some of them in action, they use them in farms when they need to take down earth mounds, and this one looks really nice, and the Xerion too, those tracks are amazing, and all the PF modifications seem to work perfectly, i really like your work on it.

Edited by ImanolBB

Helo ewerybody.....i am new her on eurobricks

Has enyone made a modification on the unimog snow plow and put it on the claas xerion ?

On 4. 10. 2016 at 8:41 AM, Dafgek81 said:

Well Miha,

I sincerely hope you'll reconcider making instructions for this dumper.

That would be nice.....