BrickWild

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 - MODs, Improvements, Attachments, etc

Oh how I wish this could have been the B model. It's terrific :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hope all goes well at the show.

Edited by grum64

Why is this all still in the 42054 topic? It's so far from the original now :laugh:

Nonetheless, it does look very nice so far :thumbup:

I think the rails as they are now are to thick.

Is it an option to use the old 3mm rigid hoses??

It looks great efferman, but it was not Claas who was first with a sattle tractor..

But the Deutz 2006 tracktor.

Deutz_Intrac_2006_01m.jpg

I hope that one day i can build this one my self.

Hi Efferman! Great saddle track version! Is this a C-model, can be built of 1 set 42054?

Hi Efferman! Great saddle track version! Is this a C-model, can be built of 1 set 42054?

I really hope it can. I'm hoping to finish the 8880 this weekend and then plan to build the 42054. If the Saddle Track can be built from the set I'll buy another. They'd look great sitting next to eachother.

29427352512_968bb5e990_c.jpg

Looks fantastic Effe :thumbup: :thumbup: Just love all the small detail, You have really made a very beautiful model of this. Happy that you went with my suggestion on the ladder, as the smaller ladder fits perfectly. This pic for me is the best of the Your Saddle Trac.

One question (not sure if you have mentioned this before) how and where do you select/change the steering mode?

Great Job :thumbup: :thumbup:

the steering mode selector is motorized. an small actuator is moving the selector sled from left to right

29426147795_64e98a22fd_c.jpg

iam not sure if a real c model saddle trac is possible

While could you at least make instructions and a parts list on rebrickable or some sort of website like that plz? If you have the file couldn't you do photo sequence from and use the ldd file for most of the parts list that's what I do.

Edited by The Vooduist

I've just found these on YouTube. Shame about the light levels on the 1st video.

I have looked through this topic and couldn't find it anywhere but apologies if it has already been posted.

Enjoy.

Edit: Added last two links

Edited by grum64

I've just found these on YouTube. Shame about the light levels on the 1st video.

I have looked through this topic and couldn't find it anywhere but apologies if it has already been posted.

Enjoy.

Edit: Added last two links

I liked the mower attachment but I doesn't actually work so that's what I wanted to it in aluminum beams like some that are ebay. Then I can put a motor (non-Lego) that can handle cutting grass and the heavy blade but wont melt the beams holding it. To bad I'm not like all of you adults were you can buy a set when ever you want (I'm almost there) I ether asked for it for Christmas or just earn up my money to get it. So I'm still waiting but have 1 idea attachment for this set that nobody would think of yet and I'm think of making a (MOC) Class Axos 330 cl with the lawn mower attachment.

Edited by CopMike

Hallo Effe,

I still have problems with the partslist from the RC mod of the Xerion generated on Rebrickable when I upload the lxf file from LDD, the servo' s don't show up in the partslist.

Is there any way to solve this?

Edited by Dafgek81

the next bunch of steps, actually step 48 (edit: you need this part for the cab switch or you have to make the white 3l connector "smooth")

https://www.dropbox.... frame.zip?dl=0

Hi efferman, thanks for the instructions! Why is it necessary to use that rare Porche part or a smoothed white 3 L connector for the switching gears? Will the functions not work if the gearbox is "locked/clicked" in its final positions?

Again, hat off for such a great MOD!

Best regards,

miha

Dafgek what is the problem? you know that a servo is needed. why it is neccessary to have it in tha list which i can not change?

Hi efferman, thanks for the instructions! Why is it necessary to use that rare Porche part or a smoothed white 3 L connector for the switching gears? Will the functions not work if the gearbox is "locked/clicked" in its final positions?

theoretiocal it would work, but on my tests the switch has jumpoed every time from left to full right. never it stops in the free run position. this is the reason why i have used the spring solution

@efferman:

Thanks for your explanation. I guess I'll try it anyway and learn the hard way as I'm not to fond of grinding bricks :-)

Dafgek what is the problem? you know that a servo is needed. why it is neccessary to have it in tha list which i can not change?

Just wandering if it isn't missing more parts then only the servo's.

How many parts does it have in your partslist, then I can compare them if they have the same amount of parts.