42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 - MODs, Improvements, Attachments, etc

Whats the usage when we have pf?

wel it might save some space

cause you dont have to put a second motor is

and there wont have to be to motors running at the same time

second point you dont have to put a motor in the attachment

but i think at least the second output is a good idea

but thats my opinion

Gonna get of these so i can build the 8 tyre version of it Claas_XERION_5000_in_dual_wheel_configuration.jpg

2 sets sorry

whit what parts can i put the rims toghether?

whit what parts can i put the rims toghether?

I would like to know that top.

It would look so cool

Siegfried, i see you are using not a actual file. Please use this file

Hello Efferman, when I imported the file into Rebrickable in a private MOC, the partslist doesn't show the servo you used for steering.

Can tho be correct or did I do something wrong?

Dafgek, it is the servo which is included in the actual ldd version. i dont know what is going wrong.

btw

28883729246_e6f4515fc9_c.jpg

Maybe I ain't looking right.

I uploaded the updated file to Rebrickable, choose one set 420554 as in my sets and pushed on "build this MOC"

And in the list off parts needed, no servo, just IR receiver and XL motor

As an LDD newbie, how would you go about building Effermans version? I had a look at the generated building guide in LDD and it doesn't seem like you could actually build the model in that order. Any hints? Also, did anybody generate a parts list besides the parts of just the 42054?

On a different note, here are a couple of shots of the 42054 next to my RC MOC from last year. It obviously doesn't stand up, but it could be a lot worse :sweet:

dsc_2366-small.jpg

dsc_2367-small.jpg

twinn0sbq.jpg

regards

Looks like a neat solution might try that when I get a second set of wheels, price is slowly dropping on eurobricks :)

Looks like a neat solution might try that when I get a second set of wheels, price is slowly dropping on eurobricks :)

it's too short.....between the pins you need the grey short axle 4211815...

I don't think that the servo motor is in the standard ldd only in the extended version of LDD so that might be the reason for it not being visible

How do I get this extended version, could you give me the link to it.

I have LDD 4.3 on my laptop.

When you open LDD you get an screen, the most recent models placed at the right side, and in the upper part of that screen there are 3 small things which say: "Lego Digital Designer", "Lego Mindstorm" and "Lego Digital Designer Extended", click there and you will get a big bunch of pieces, and you can paint them as you want, you can also do this while building a model, in the upper part of the program, there is a too that says "View", click there, then click where says "New Themes" and click LDD Extended, i hope this results helpful for you.

When you open LDD you get an screen, the most recent models placed at the right side, and in the upper part of that screen there are 3 small things which say: "Lego Digital Designer", "Lego Mindstorm" and "Lego Digital Designer Extended", click there and you will get a big bunch of pieces, and you can paint them as you want, you can also do this while building a model, in the upper part of the program, there is a too that says "View", click there, then click where says "New Themes" and click LDD Extended, i hope this results helpful for you.

Okay, this helps for LDD, but the problem is when I upload the file into Rebrickable to create the partslist.

There is no servo motor in the partslist.

And there are 1486 parts in total, I don't know if that is correct with the part count that any off you might have?

And when I try to make a partslist in LDD manager, I get a warning that multiple parts aren't in the database and won't be listed in the partslist, how can I update that, can't seem to get this done.

Edited by Dafgek81

Okay that is cool and looks like it is working properly, but what I wonder is this. A pendular axle obviously has a single pivot point, it seems like the driving is that single pivot point. What about the steering axle, does it require force to make the pendular suspension work? If you know what I mean... :-)

ingmar, the servo is solid mounted to the axle. when the axle moves, the servo moves too

Siegfried, this i will know when i have build the new chassis

ingmar, the servo is solid mounted to the axle. when the axle moves, the servo moves too

Siegfried, this i will know when i have build the new chassis

Theorically its not difficult to move steering on the pivot too

A 24t gear should be attached to the axle which is currently being connected the servo, and a 24t differential where the pivot and driving is, so the 24t counterpart meshes with the 24t gear so when the diff is rotated the steering will be done :D

Thanks, makes sense to me...missed that! :wink: This implies it requires 2 servo motors right? I mean a second one to operate the other pair of wheels too...

@arshialQ: cool...would love to see that in action! :thumbup::classic:

image too big

I used 12 of those In front of tractor for the wheels, the fit was abit loose there will be a better solution.

Edited by Jim

I used 12 of those In front of tractor for the wheels, the fit was abit loose there will be a better solution.

Steering using HOG seems to be really difficult now

Edited by arshiaIQ