Didumos69

[MOD] 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Community-driven Errata

Hi, new builder here, just have a quick question - if I construct this using no modifications whatsoever, and intend to simply display it and toy-around with the features at my leisure, would I be sorely missing out? I guess what I'm asking is, is the base model "passable" for a casual Lego fan?

@Elvis2500: If you don't mind and if you don't be annoyed about:

- way to weak front suspension which hardly can hold the model 1 stud above ground and which hardly come back if you press it down

- somehow medicre gear switching mechanism which is not very reliable, means often the next gear does not lock in correctly so the whole drive-train stalls

- bad playability cause of the missing HoG (hand of God) for easy steering because the inner driving wheel is hardly accessible for a male hand

- you can not see the inner goodies because the porsche shell covers all so all mechanisms are quite invisible

So if all these pitfalls are no problem for you and if your model is just for a beauty display then the retail model 42056 is of course "passable"...

But i would strongly recommend you to build this:

it contains all of @Didumos69 errata and much more - it is IMHO easily the best and easiest deal to get a full and reliable working Porsche for only small additional money and with full blown step-by-step PDF-Instructions for free.

Edited by Kumbbl

15 minutes ago, Kumbbl said:

But i would strongly recommend you to build this:

it contains all of @Didumos69 errata and much more - it is IMHO easily the best and easiest deal to get a full and reliable working Porsche for only small additional money and with full blown step-by-step PDF-Instructions for free.

I completely agree with @Kumbbl. The stock model is displayable, but when it comes to the features you will probably find out that it's better to not touch them.

Also in my opinion the pimp-up-version @Kumbbl is referring to is the most easy way to fix all issues and to add some extras like HoG steering, better front suspension and a removable body. It even comes with full instructions.

Edited by Didumos69

Hi

I need some explanation about this :

http://bricksafe.com/files/Didumos/42056-porsche/Errata (12).jpg/450x270.jpg

If I do as described, the gearbox does not control the transmission ... So I replace this with a simple axis and everything works properly.

At first I was thinking about an error in the errata pdf .. now I do not understand .. 

Thanks for your explain :)