News and excitement hath struck Pontelli!

Members of the Royal Society have rushed to see the great discovery:

While digging in the back of his garden, Alberto da Pontelli has actually found the complete skeleton of a unicorn!

28230891331_65cd5bcaa4_c.jpg

History of nature needs to be rewritten!

27693769313_a9a7956b7d_c.jpg

All the Royal Society members are so excited!

But wait, George da Pontelli is nowhere to be seen. Could this possibly be a prank set up by the clever monkey? :pir-wink:

28275456286_6a631af94a_c.jpg

monkey.gif

I owe the house's design to Marcu22.

The first version was built as a "counter attack" in the Kaliphlin Civil War - and I liked the design a lot, so I modified the MOC into a smaller version and added a bit of an interior.

Then many months have come and gone. The build stayed in its box.

And now I am happy to present the house to you (before I need to take it apart...) :pir-grin:

C&C welcome!

Great use of the tan here, the texture on the exterior is superb, and that unicorn is excellent as well! pirate_wink.gifpir_laugh2.gif Dug up in Alberto's backyard, you say? I smell a monkey! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice! I love the house design, I shall be studying it closely! A unicorn you say, how fascinating! We shall have to closely examine it - it could be one of the greatest discoveries of our time... or just an elaborate hoax - who knows?!

Will you be licensing the house?

Edited by Ayrlego

It's amazing that such creatures actually exist. I am certain a live specimen would fetch a high price in any society, and unicorn horns may have metaphysical properties.

Great build and concept CB. :pir-laugh:

Awesome monkey, awesome house!

I love the outside, but the interior is great as well! :thumbup:

28246716531_5eb17d40bc_c.jpg

Great use of the tan here, the texture on the exterior is superb, and that unicorn is excellent as well! pirate_wink.gifpir_laugh2.gif Dug up in Alberto's backyard, you say? I smell a monkey! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks ... and: could be - but again, it could be a great scientific discovery!

Nice! I love the house design, I shall be studying it closely! A unicorn you say, how fascinating! We shall have to closely examine it - it could be one of the greatest discoveries of our time... or just an elaborate hoax - who knows?!

Will you be licensing the house?

Who knows, yes, this makes the discovery even more fascinating pirate_laugh_new.gif

License ... probably not.

Does someone want to license it in the city of Pontelli?

It's amazing that such creatures actually exist. I am certain a live specimen would fetch a high price in any society, and unicorn horns may have metaphysical properties.

Great build and concept CB. :pir-laugh:

The unicorn is a mythical beast (J. Thurber).

pirate_laugh2.gif

Awesome monkey, awesome house!

I love the outside, but the interior is great as well! :thumbup:

Thanks pirate_laugh2.gif

Great house, I really like the design. Not really sure if it fits into the BoBS world 100%, but of all cities Pontelli probably is among the best for the style.

Also a really sweet idea. Oh George...

Does someone want to license it in the city of Pontelli?

Yeah, why not? I'd go for that.

Very nice textures here, and I strongly suspect monkeys. :wink:

The exterior is outstanding! It closely resembles limestone fortification and civilian buildings found in Rhodes, built by Hospitaller knights. But seriously...a unicorn??? What else can devious Eslandolans think to persuade immigrants to flock to their newly discovered islands...???

Nice build. That unicorn should fetch many a doubloon of gold or at least bananas.

Great house, I really like the design. Not really sure if it fits into the BoBS world 100%, but of all cities Pontelli probably is among the best for the style.

Also a really sweet idea. Oh George...

Yeah, why not? I'd go for that.

Right, the house may not fit 100% - but it looks good! pirate_laugh2.gif

Feel free to use one of the pictures to license this as your house in Pontelli.

Very nice textures here, and I strongly suspect monkeys. :wink:

Really? pir_laugh2.gif

The exterior is outstanding! It closely resembles limestone fortification and civilian buildings found in Rhodes, built by Hospitaller knights. But seriously...a unicorn??? What else can devious Eslandolans think to persuade immigrants to flock to their newly discovered islands...???

I have heard rumours that Alberto da Pontelli is planning an expedition to the mountains to search for dragon skeletons!

Nice build. That unicorn should fetch many a doubloon of gold or at least bananas.

Yeah, right. We are Eslandoleans. So we will sell it!

pirate_laugh_new.gif

Love the building! Nice use of dark tan plates with the dark tan masonry bricks. And a great roof!

The unicorn is fantastic, too, but I suspect monkeys at work here...

Nice unicorn here... But be aware of the words of a well know explorer : M Polo said during one of his journey : "I saw unicorns alive but they were not pretty at all..." it appeared he discovered a new species : Rhinoceros. Maybe it's a monkey prank too... Who knows...

Nice house design. The roof is great.

Good job !

Love the building! Nice use of dark tan plates with the dark tan masonry bricks. And a great roof!

The unicorn is fantastic, too, but I suspect monkeys at work here...

Thanks - and, well, the world of BoBS is full of wonders...

Nice unicorn here... But be aware of the words of a well know explorer : M Polo said during one of his journey : "I saw unicorns alive but they were not pretty at all..." it appeared he discovered a new species : Rhinoceros. Maybe it's a monkey prank too... Who knows...

Nice house design. The roof is great.

Good job !

Rhinos - great idea, but I think the skeleton would not fit for a rhino!

pirate_laugh2.gif

To Alberto da Pontelli

Dated this 19th day of July in the 616th year After Empire

My dear Alberto,

News has reached me that you have discovered what appears to be a unicorn skeleton in your garden. Forgive me, but I must confess I am a little sceptical. I fear someone may be 'pulling your leg' as they say. However, whether or no this is a genuine unicorn is easily tested by the following ingenious method of the Ancients: Grind up a little of the horn into powder. Place the powder in a circle on the floor. Set down a spider in the middle of the circle. If the horn is genuine, the spider will not cross it and will remain in the circle. If it is a fake, as I suspect, the spider will shortly leave the circle. I am confident of this method, it is recommended by the best sources, viz:

http://www.telegraph...ety-review.html

I remain sir, your friend and fellow scientist, John

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Nice looking house, CB, and a very interesting discovery. Given the rarity of such a find, I am certain the members of the society will examine it with the utmost scrutiny - And should the remains prove real, an expedition must surely be equipped to find a living example. (Although I am told killing one is not advisable...)

Nice looking house, CB, and a very interesting discovery. Given the rarity of such a find, I am certain the members of the society will examine it with the utmost scrutiny - And should the remains prove real, an expedition must surely be equipped to find a living example. (Although I am told killing one is not advisable...)

A living example - that would be fantastic.

Alberto is already planning his expedition!

To Alberto da Pontelli

Dated this 19th day of July in the 616th year After Empire

My dear Alberto,

News has reached me that you have discovered what appears to be a unicorn skeleton in your garden. Forgive me, but I must confess I am a little sceptical. I fear someone may be 'pulling your leg' as they say. However, whether or no this is a genuine unicorn is easily tested by the following ingenious method of the Ancients: Grind up a little of the horn into powder. Place the powder in a circle on the floor. Set down a spider in the middle of the circle. If the horn is genuine, the spider will not cross it and will remain in the circle. If it is a fake, as I suspect, the spider will shortly leave the circle. I am confident of this method, it is recommended by the best sources, viz:

http://www.telegraph...ety-review.html

I remain sir, your friend and fellow scientist, John

Dear John,

we have carried out the spider experiment as you had described.

And it worked! I mean the spider has now remained in the circle for 5 days.

It could be that it is scared of George though he is only eating bananas.

That means the unicorn is real. Fantastic.

I need to write this down for my next paper.

Your friend and scientist fellow

Alberto da Pontelli

To Alberto da Pontelli

Dated this 22nd day of July in the 616th year After Empire

My dear Alberto,

This is splendid and very exciting news! I must confess myself dumbfounded by the success of the spider experiment. I am now certain you have the genuine article. I hear that Don Montoya of the Royal Society may be fitting out an expedition to Pontelli to seek out a living specimen of this wondrous beast. This could change natural history forever!

Your great and somewhat envious admirer, John

:iamded_lol:

Alberto da Pontelli,

It is great news to hear that your unicorn skeleton is authentic.

Are you willing to sell a sample of the ground horn? I know some Order of the Faith mystics who would love to test out it's mystical properties. :kahuka:

Regards,

Phred

Feel free to use one of the pictures to license this as your house in Pontelli.

Will do so. Do you think small "Art & Culture" would be adequate? Or rather as education?

Edited by Elostirion

To Alberto da Pontelli

Dated this 22nd day of July in the 616th year After Empire

My dear Alberto,

This is splendid and very exciting news! I must confess myself dumbfounded by the success of the spider experiment. I am now certain you have the genuine article. I hear that Don Montoya of the Royal Society may be fitting out an expedition to Pontelli to seek out a living specimen of this wondrous beast. This could change natural history forever!

Your great and somewhat envious admirer, John

George da Pontelli has argued that the spider had been dead for a few days but Alberto was not willing to agree pirate_laugh_new.gif

:iamded_lol:

Alberto da Pontelli,

It is great news to hear that your unicorn skeleton is authentic.

Are you willing to sell a sample of the ground horn? I know some Order of the Faith mystics who would love to test out it's mystical properties. :kahuka:

Regards,

Phred

Yes, Sir, to promote further scientific experiments, Alberto da Pontelli is willing to sell a few grams of grounded unicorn horn (GUH).

Will do so. Do you think small "Art & Culture" would be adequate? Or rather as education?

Hmm. It is just a house, isn't it?

Alberto has only used it for a few days to present the unicorn. Well, that may be it: it is used for education purposes. That's ok to me.