[bH - Geonosian] Disarmed

We landed on Ord Mantell at around 6 am. Our connection said, that target owns a small piece of land in the eastern corridor, section B12, small part in the north-western region. The part with largest population of wild Savrips. We have to took some more serious weapons with us. Unprepaired Geonosian is a easy task. But if we'd had to beat a Savrip or two, well, that would bring some troubles. We left the ship in one of the secured hangars. You can never be to sure. I was very eager to complete the task. False informations made us fly to a lot of planets before we heard that our target's hiding on Fondor. This was true but unfortunately he left two days before we got there. Luckily we got new informations and now we're here.

Monty was nervous. He was on Ord Mantell before so he knows it's a dangerous place. And it's even more dangerous when you're hunting someone. You can quickly become the hunted one. But so far everything seemed to be okay. He and his partner in this mission, Sid Bass were approaching the target. Locator said they're only 50 metres away.

They quickly got there.

image.jpg

"Sid, I think we're too late" said Monty. "Really? What makes you think that" replied Sid. "Well," said Monty, "I believe this mission is accomplished. But who could do something like this?" Sid smiled and said: "Have you ever seen a savrip before?" "Yes ..." said Monty. "I played dejarik a lot when I was young and ..." "No, I mean the real savrip. Have you ever seen it in the battle? Well you don't want to. Let's leave."

----------

More pictures in the spoiler.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great diorama, I really like all those different pieces of salvage.

Edited by Aland1916

Hah! Disarmed took me longer then it should have to get that! :laugh: The green wall is superb and I really like that you assembled the pod racer to show us the junk pile was at one point actual working vehicles.

I really like that podracer, it fits in perfectly. Great scene and nice story!

I like that fence and podracer looks very nice!

Great diorama, I really like all those different pieces of salvage.

Thanks guys!

Hah! Disarmed took me longer then it should have to get that! :laugh: The green wall is superb and I really like that you assembled the pod racer to show us the junk pile was at one point actual working vehicles.

I hoped someone will get it!

Heh, nice joke! I like pieces of Geonosian machinery and that large wing is nicely done. I too like the podracer, I like the different colors.

Edited by Mads Heering

I like different parts of the border, it gives it some character. The podracer is very nice, I can almost see it driving through canyons on Tatooine. Your characters look nice too, I like the combinations you used.

Nice build! I like it being messy and also the green fence really fits in well. Als good job on the pod racer!

You have Passed. The comments are below:

1) pass: its not easy to balance the messy look of a junkyard without making it look just like a pile of bricks in such a small space, the story works with it too.

2) pass: Great how you use both order and chaos to create the perfect junkyard feeling! I love how you didn't just make a pile of junk, but also put a number of small buildings/constructions around it to make it look like it will be used again at some point in the future. Also nice how the pieces of junk aren't random but all constitute one podracer, very creative yet logical! The use of color is great, although it might be better if it were a bit more uniform (make the green a recurring color). And a little bit more clutter on the ground (just sprinkle some minifig utensisls... on the ground) would give it a more packed feel. But all in all, fantastic job!

3) pass: Fantastic story making use of the Savrip and the pod-racer! Your build also does a good job of representing Ord Mantell's junkyard feel.