Ayrlego

[COR - Jul FB2] ETTC Warehouse and Offices, Mooreton Bay

The largest building constructed so far in the fledgling colony of Mooreton Bay is the newly completed ETTC Warehouse and Offices. Constructed on a large plot of ground with future expansion in mind, the imposing looking brick structure serves as both a warehouse on the ground floor, and offices on the top floor.

What is the ETTC you ask? A very good question. Well, we can't tell you too much, but the East Terran Trading Company is a secretive consortium of prominent Corlanders operating in the new world. Unlike certain other faction's trade companies, the primary goal of the ETTC is not profit, although it is of course desirable! Indeed rumour has it a large dividend was just paid out to the companies shareholders! Rather the primary goal of the ETTC is to work to advance the national aims and goals of the crown of Corrington in the New World. And that my friends is enough said regarding the ETTC.

28155677362_8fd12f91fa_c.jpg

Here in the yard, ETTC Foreman Noel Paterson supervisors some sailors loading recently arrived maritime cannon carriages onto a cart for transport to a waiting ship. You may recognise Noel and the cart from his recent work collecting bananas from a local plantation. A hired guard stands at the entrance and a native warrior waits patiently for his chief who is inside the building.

28155673792_09274b5f85_c.jpg

On the first floor Colin Jenkins, the principle agent for the company on Alicentia, negotiates with one of the native chiefs. The natives have been supplying raw materials in exchange for goods such as iron cookware and utensils. Jenkins, together with Paterson are the companies only paid employees on Alicentia. Together they look after the companies interests in Mooreton Bay and Corrish Alicentia.

A warehouse trying out some techniques with the 'brick' bricks. I would have liked to make the interior bigger (it was originally planned to be 16 studs wide) but I ran out of the 'brick' bricks for the walls. That won't happen again as I have 399 dark tan arriving this week bringing my dark tan total to over 500! :pir_laugh2: I have some plans for those bricks and wanted to play with some different styles with this build. Any hints or tips into this style of 'clean' building with these bricks is very welcome.

Licensed as a medium commercial property for the ETTC.

Very nice warehouse!

I like the use of flesh profile bricks you use with the combination of the tan and the build up flags!

Nice work with the interior also! pirate_satisfied.gif

Edited by Mpyromaxos

Excellent structure and a well-rounded scene! I immediately liked the exterior, and then the interior was revealed! Excellent work on the street as well; I like your technique for the road itself; and the scene is full of activity. I spent a fair amount of time just looking at the unloading of gun carriages. On the exterior of the building itself, my favorite part is the roof façade (and nice use of the minifig baseplates on the roof). You've done a great job with the masonry bricks, too. The interior completes the build. The warehouse is quite full.

And while one nation's trade companies are accused of seeking nothing but profit, it would appear that certain other countries seem preoccupied with military conquest. Are the Corries making arrangements for more than raw materials with the natives? Should the other nations of the Brick Seas be worried about the military buildup?

Wow. Really well put together. I especially liked the windows.

Beautiful build! The street scene is very well made and the exterior is very clean.

The fact you used 2 layers so the interior also has brick bricks is very clever and the office looks tidy.

You ordered dark tan bricks you say but these are flesh coloured, no? I'm sure you'll make something awesome in dark tan too!

I like how the Dark Tan and the Sand colors work together so well. The warehouse turned out so great. I especially like seeing uses of the minifigure plates which I seem to have an unending supply of. The double wall to make the bricks face both ways is a great idea. I like how you did the top section of the pillars that are holding up the second floor. There are so many little details that are fun to see. The stove, the bookshelf, the oxen and wagon.

I really like your facade-MOCs, so cool and such a recognizable style. The fact that you added an "interior" (and how great it looks for that small scale) is quite impressive. Great job!

Thank you everyone for the comments!

And while one nation's trade companies are accused of seeking nothing but profit, it would appear that certain other countries seem preoccupied with military conquest. Are the Corries making arrangements for more than raw materials with the natives? Should the other nations of the Brick Seas be worried about the military buildup?

I wouldn't worry about anything, those cannon carriages are destined for King's Harbour for the pirate patrols!

You ordered dark tan bricks you say but these are flesh coloured, no? I'm sure you'll make something awesome in dark tan too!

Yeah these ones are the medium dark flesh. I ordered dark tan as I think that colour is more versatile for future builds, and I need a decent amount for our project we are discussing via the PM thread!

Where is the cow from?

The cow is the Jersey cow from Brickforge. They do a number of different colours/patterns.

Great start for the ETTC cocoa business. Really nice use of the two colours, and lovely windows two; an interesting choice not to use window pieces but it works really well on a wharehouse build. Nice roof line too. And for a build that is little more than a facade, you have got a lot squeezed into the interior. I am looking forward to seeing how this whole cocoa business develops over the next couple of months.

That ETTC sounds like a sinister venture! ;)

Great looking facade - those colors mix and match beautifully, and you have really given it life with the activity outside, the interior and the stores. Great addition to Mooreton Bay!