Hi

Here is my dream Porsche. It features and combines 3 of my favorite things of Porsche:

• The front V8 TT engine and front bumper of Panamera Turbo S
  • The 911 shape
  • The RSR look and feel

The result is this. Hope you (and judges :tongue:) like it

28253176995_81b667f8c7_c_d.jpg

Features.

• 1:10 Scale
  • RWD and Fake V8 engine
  • 4 Speed Gearbox with remote stick
  • Independent suspension in the 4 wheels
  • Working Steering Wheel (No HOG)
  • Openable hood and doors (With lock system)
  • Adjustable seats with gears
  • Big Spoiler (Like the RSR models)
  • Miscellaneous things like hand bag, lights etc.
  • *Surprise feature* Removable V8 engine and transmission like a car

About the last feature, well, I'll show it later in another pics and video. (I haven't had time to take more pics)

Here are the pics of the last feature

Making this function was the most difficult of the model, because it must be work smooth in every gear and I must find the proper joint points in the gearbox to the chassis. Also it must be easy to remove without bending or forcing the rest of the car. After many tests, I achieved it.

27661213243_5b485e140e_c_d.jpg

28172691162_436b34714a_c_d.jpg

More pics of the car

28172685452_10806a8f60_c_d.jpg

28149156372_80dd2c0eb3_c_d.jpg

27661211533_917220dcb0_c_d.jpg

This photo scream for the bigger Steering wheel (Sadly I don't have it yet)27972180440_d2dee9a0c9_c_d.jpg

More pics and video will come soon :blush:

The full gallery https://www.flickr.com/photos/137229326@N08/albums/72157668154949314

Video.

The car was completed some days ago, but I decided to post it as my 100 post here, in the greatest Lego community :wink:

Edited by Jonfensu

looks amazing!

Im blown away by all the high quality mocs we are getting out of the porsche contest, amazing stuff!

Personally not a huge fan of that green color in general, but I'd say you pulled it off pretty well. I like the adjustable seats and removable engine.

If it is Panamera, maybe should have 4 doors, or?

BUT the main thing is: it does look cool, and the removable engine+gearbox is ingenious :thumbup: - so who cares about the name. :wink:

Good luck!

Thanks for the great feedback :classic:

If it is Panamera, maybe should have 4 doors, or?

BUT the main thing is: it does look cool, and the removable engine+gearbox is ingenious :thumbup: - so who cares about the name. :wink:

Good luck!

....or it has 2 doors like a 911 :tongue:, but yes the Panamera brand could mislead a bit. Fortunately the 911 and Panamera brands are totally different ranges in the Porsche line, so the name fits the car, I guess :laugh:

Well, I'm not a semifinalist and that's a sad situation because it was the only chance to get the 42056 (I can't afford it and it's overpriced) but I understand why I'm not into the semifinalists: because there were too many great and better entries. Period. So no complaints about it and judges either :wink:

It was a great experience building something for a contest because you can measure how good are you building skills. Also it's an opportunity to learn and discover some techniques. And this post is one of those opportunities. So let me ask you. What failed in my MOC? What could be improved for my next car? Please don't hesitate to write any constructive criticism :classic:

Take in mind that I "just" have the 42039/38 and 9397 as parts resource, though the last week I have ordered around 400 pieces that my inventory lacks (#1,2,3,4,5 connectors, thin liftarms, the bigger steering wheel :grin: some panels, and so on)

Theres nothing wrong with yr building skils.because its awesome.

But i think yr not in the last 20.because it looks to much like the 42056 set( the shape of it(rear for example) But thats my guessing. You did a proper job here.well done!

Edited by Techniccrack

Apologies for bumping an old thread without adding anything valuable.

I like this moc very much and was wondering that anyone knows if the instructions are available for this set.