Previously.

28147053082_36a3708483.jpg

The swinging lantern suspended from the ceiling cast fitful shadows over the tavern’s rickety tables. Thomas Ward sank down across from another young man on a bench in the crowded room. Then he called out for a glass and a bite, which the waiter brought promptly.

28147080572_15500158e5.jpg

Being a healthy, hungry sailor, he didn’t waste time in preliminaries, but quickly tore hunks of bread with his teeth and swallowed the ale in great gulps. Gradually the edge was taken off his appetite, and then he noticed that the young man next to him was eyeing him curiously.
He turned slightly, and the two looked very curiously into each other’s faces. Ward felt sure that he had seen this man before!

27635831314_7a60096d75.jpg

“Thomas Ward,” the young fellow said with a smile. “You don’t recognize me, eh?”
“Why, if it isn’t Harry! Couldn’t mistake your voice anywhere! How have you been?”
“Oh, well enough. As well as I could be without…”
“I know,” Thomas interjected in a sad tone.
But Harry threw it off and said with a smile, “And what’s up with you? Given up your job as a stocker? Can’t blame you. That place was a den of demons.” Harry’s bright, honest face darkened angrily.
“I don’t know but that I would have thrown it off anyhow, but my term expired the day afterwards,” Thomas replied.
“And you haven’t been asked to be a witness at the case? I suppose, after all, you probably don’t have any evidence to give anyhow.”
“Oh no! I have enough evidence to hang the man ten times over!”
Harry looked at his old friend in surprise. “Then why don’t you!” He added indignantly as he saw Thomas’ look, “Are you really considering letting my brother’s murderer without bringing forth your evidence?”
Thomas shrugged. “What do I have to do with it? – Well, no, I don’t mean that, but see… I’m a Corry, after all!”
“A Corry after all! What?! And does that mean that you should just let the murderer go free!”
“But,” Thomas replied, somewhat perplexed, “I don’t hear any talk of his going free. It seems to me that he’s likely to be hung, with or without my evidence.”
Harry shook his head. “One never knows, Thomas. The worst against him is the evidence of Mia, but owing to her less than irreproachable character, I couldn’t answer for it being taken at face value… what kind of evidence do you have? The way you speak of it, you must almost have been an eyewitness!”
“I was an eyewitness. At least, I was hiding in the room. And if…”
“Then in the name of justice!” Harry broke in. “Why don’t you come forward?! Tell all you know! If not for poor Jamie, at least, for justice!”
“Well…” Thomas hesitated.
“You will, Thomas! I know you will!”
“I will.”
“Good! But there is no time to be lost. You must ship for Terreli at once.”
“This very instant. Good-bye, Harry.”
“Wait! I go with you. Find us a berth, while I pay our bill here.”
And in a remarkably short amount of time both young men were sailing “o’er the ocean blue” on their errand of justice.

---
Tried out something new with this roof. I didn't want to do walls, but I needed a swinging lantern, so - voila!
C&C welcome!

I love what you have done to the story... well done!

Godspeed Thomas, hope to see you back soon.

That roof looks great, combined with the barrels as supports, the benches and table and the bustling scene, this is one great little vignette! Great job Kai!

That roof works surprisingly well, and a great "busy" feeling!

Hopefully this isn't considered bumping, but I just realized that what with my vacation and all I completely forgot to thank everyone for the comments!

On 7/11/2016 at 8:53 PM, Mr Greeble said:

I like what you did with the roof! Very nicely done.

Thank you!  I've always thought that taverns like this really could use roofs, it helps out the feel so much, but it can also make things really tough to photograph, so when I hit on the idea of a lattice of rafters, I knew I'd have to try it out!

On 7/11/2016 at 9:29 PM, BrickCurve said:

The roof design looks excellent as does using the barrels for roof supports. Overall great job!

Thanks!  Barrels are so handy!

On 7/12/2016 at 3:10 AM, Elostirion said:

Fantastic approach to the MOC, well done!

Thanks Elostirion!

On 7/12/2016 at 4:58 AM, narbilu said:

I love what you have done to the story... well done!

Thanks narbilu!

On 7/12/2016 at 5:47 AM, Ayrlego said:

That roof looks great, combined with the barrels as supports, the benches and table and the bustling scene, this is one great little vignette! Great job Kai!

Thanks!  Packing so much stuff into a vig like that is a lot of fun!

On 7/12/2016 at 3:03 PM, Puvel said:

That's a great looking scene, lovely stuff!

Thank you!

On 7/15/2016 at 3:17 PM, TitusV said:

That roof works surprisingly well, and a great "busy" feeling!

Thanks Titus!

On 7/15/2016 at 7:25 PM, bricklover said:

Cool build!

Thanks! 

On 9/24/2016 at 7:44 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Some eat, some talk. Some do both in a very cozy pirate-y stand!!! :pir-tongue: Lantern is very nice indeed!

Thanks blackdeathgr! :pir-sweet: