Sign in to follow this  
paupadros

[MOC] La Sagrada Familia – The Most Amazing Recreation of a Real-Lif

Hey it's me, Pau Padrós, you may know me from my Ideas account: https://ideas.lego.c...padros/activity

Anyway, I'd like you to be completely honest with what you think. Please don't hesitate to comment.

La Sagrada Familia

This is the recreation of the worldwide famous cathedral located in Barcelona. It is by far the most complex build I've ever done, and also the one which ended up looking the best. Unlike many other sets Lego does, this is a 360° display piece, which means that it can be viewed from all four sides and it still looks magnifiscent.

2514862-o_1all9quka1vcft5dc7bga4131d7-full.png

The beautiful cathedral standing 57 cm (22"). This shows the cathedral on its Facade of Birth.

Facts:

• 57 cm tall
  • 9016 pieces

• 7699 tan pieces
  • 856 tan tooth pieces
  • 144 tan column pieces
  • 120 tan "Lego Games" microfigures

An extra shot:

2525787-o_1am3uvtaf17q419ru5288vvng7-thumbnail.png

The Sagrada Familia as the centerpiece of a layout (along with some of my own modulars :grin:)

This is a never-seen-before creation, and I'm happy to show it to the wonderful people of Eurobricks, as the Ideas people rejected such creation. Well, they lose the chance, don't they?

Edited by paupadros

Wow! This is just lovely! The design of the building and the way it is placed in a city square surrounded by other buildings.

The real cathedral has such a wacky, curvy design that it is hard to imagine how that can be created with mostly straight LEGO. And yet you have done it justice. With this many pieces, it would be too heavy for many of us to haul from the store to home. And could take forever to build. But it still is a marvelous MOC.

Wow! This is just lovely! The design of the building and the way it is placed in a city square surrounded by other buildings.

The real cathedral has such a wacky, curvy design that it is hard to imagine how that can be created with mostly straight LEGO. And yet you have done it justice. With this many pieces, it would be too heavy for many of us to haul from the store to home. And could take forever to build. But it still is a marvelous MOC.

Yeah, it could make your arms fall apart while carrying it. Although, I don't think it'd be such a long build (and it could be very amusing if the instructions are variede.g. One facade/One tower/Antother Facade/Antoher Tower...

Wow! Very impressive. It's a pity ideas rejected it thought here wasn't really much chance of it becoming an official set- it would just be too big and expensive for most of the people who would buy such a set. Then again, it could have been released as a limited run only available from Lego direct.

Is there any chance of this being built in real bricks? I know it would be very expensive but perhaps the model would be purchased from you for display at the cathedral. Probably just wishful thinking though!

Is there any chance of this being built in real bricks? I know it would be very expensive but perhaps the model would be purchased from you for display at the cathedral. Probably just wishful thinking though!

For myself to build it, it could take forever (gaining enough money and then building it properly!). What you said, wishful thinking

Great work! you have captured some of the unique architectural elements of Gaudi's unique style very effectively. I've added it to my collection of amazing Gothic (and Gothic inspired) architecture on Pinterest here: https://www.pinteres...06694904519146/

Thanks for sharing!

---tom

Thank you so much Tom! I really appreciate it!