Kenneth-DK

LDD keeps crashing in Win 10

Im sorry if I put this the wrong place or if there already is a topic (I did llok first !) :blush:

I've been running LDD 4.3.9 on a laptop with Win 10 on without problems, and then I got hold of some cheap, old parts and put a more powerful desktop computer...

Now... I used to be able to run LDD on this PC... But the facts are that right now... It crashes every single time I start it up... It loads the palette, and if I leave the PC alone it can load the little 4 preview pics of the last 4 creations that has been opened... But as soon as I move the mouse, it crashes... :hmpf_bad:

I've checked my Grapichs drivers, and they are up to date, so I also presume that my OpenGLL drivers should be...

Please somebody be a really smart and ghelpfull person, and save me !! Due to little money and fewer bricks, I use LDD quite alot... :cry_sad:

Help me Obi Wa... Oh sorry... Got carried away... :blush::wink:

Please feel free to ask anything you need to know, and I will try and answer it.. I am not a PC wizz, but I will try to my best :blush:

Hmmm... Today I installed Win 10 on my computer at work... Big mistake I guess.. That ended up doing some very bad flickering in LDD, I think I read somewhere about updating your drivers for that one... BUT... I found out that it runs (not smoothly though, but it works) in LDD safe mode (can apparently be started up from the start menu...)

So I just tried that here on my big old/new pc, but it still crashes... I could really use some expert help to why there are so many problems with LDD and Win 10. And especially on how I can fix it on my pc so I can start building again... :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

If you can specify more what kind of computer you have, specially graphics card specs and drivers, maybe someone you along a bit better.

If you can specify more what kind of computer you have, specially graphics card specs and drivers, maybe someone you along a bit better.

Yeah I can understand that :-) Well here goes...

Running Win 10 home 64bit edition

i7 920 Processor 2.67GHz

12 GB Ram

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Graphics card

DirectX version should be 12.0

Graphic drivers are up to date

Any other info you need, please feel free to ask... :-)

It does sound like a graphics driver issue, but than again, there are 1001 things that could be the problem so I'm like 1% sure :grin:.

First off, try uninstalling and reinstalling LDD and see if it works.

If it doesn't work, use this tool to completely remove your graphics drivers. Place the tool in a folder on your desktop, restart the PC in safe-mode and run it. If you had any Nvidia gpu in this PC in the past, try to remove those first (using the tool). Then remove the AMD drivers.

After restarting your PC to normal (your resolution might be screwed up at the moment), reinstall the AMD drivers (the auto-detect download is the easiest) and see if it's fixed :classic:

If it doesn't work... well, then maybe it was a waste of time... :blush:

It does sound like a graphics driver issue, but than again, there are 1001 things that could be the problem so I'm like 1% sure :grin:.

First off, try uninstalling and reinstalling LDD and see if it works.

If it doesn't work, use this tool to completely remove your graphics drivers. Place the tool in a folder on your desktop, restart the PC in safe-mode and run it. If you had any Nvidia gpu in this PC in the past, try to remove those first (using the tool). Then remove the AMD drivers.

After restarting your PC to normal (your resolution might be screwed up at the moment), reinstall the AMD drivers (the auto-detect download is the easiest) and see if it's fixed :classic:

If it doesn't work... well, then maybe it was a waste of time... :blush:

Hi Legolijntje,

Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't tried them out yet, but will see if I can try it very soon... To me it's not a waste of time, as I really want LDD to work again... :-)

Hi,

Just an update to my small problem.

Today I decided to visit AMD's homepage and check if there might be a new driver for my graphics card. And behold, despite several programs and so on proclaiming that the driver was fully up to date, it turned out there was a new version release a week ago. (I ran the driver check programs just before visiting AMD,s page)

And now LDD is running as smoothly as the day it was released... :wink:

Thanks for the good advices from every one.. It turns out the Graphics drivers (and OpenGL) has a lot to say regarding the running of LDD :classic:

Happy building people :sweet: