Sign in to follow this  
badchriss

[LDD MOC] The Grub Truck

Hey Guys,

i think my latest virtual MOC fits in best here in the Scifi Section.

This Time,it`s an old and ordinary Delivery Truck some Cartoon Show Lovers might recognize.The Show sadly got only one Season but it`s Visuals are breathtaking and it more or less revolves around a dystopian Future,Cars and a Gang racing their beloved Rides in an Underground City that wasn`t Underground the whole Time.

I used this Artwork as a Reference for the overall Design.

Jacobs%20Grub%20Truck-pre%20Mod_zpszlxwvgog.jpg

There are still a few Things i`m not too happy about like the Grill (to be precisely,the Center Section).The Center Sections seems to be made of three Headlights stacked on top of each other and enclosed by an oval Structure.

Motorcity-Grub%20Truck-3_zpsv1hdohqy.png

Motorcity-Grub%20Truck-1_zpskcw4svg5.png

Motorcity-Grub%20Truck-2_zpskovnelpk.png

So,what do you Guys think?Any Ideas for the Grill?

Also,who recognized the Van without looking at the Spoiler below?

....yep,i`m talking about Motorcity

And here we have now the final Version made from real Bricks.As you can see i changed a few Things like the Taillights,the Grill and in inserted a colorful Panel on one Side.

20160712_232805_zpsrunvhxy7.jpg

20160712_232815_zpsw8f9hcs8.jpg

20160712_232828_zps9eao6cob.jpg

20160712_232843_zps0wxm559j.jpg

20160712_232854_zpsdfflxd4l.jpg

20160712_232903_zpsbtli44ey.jpg

Edited by badchriss

I liked the first nose/grill you went with, it has more personality than just using that engine piece. I'd change the 3 lights though, make the top two [trans 1x1 tiles] and the bottom light a [trans cheese slope] so it has the angle.

•The new taillights look better. I'd make the grill piece covering them metallic or pearl, so they look like brighter metal.

•I would swap the [1x2 trans-red plate] with a [1x1 trans-red plate] and a [1x1 trans-orange plate with tooth] so it sticks out like in the reference pic.

49668.png

Would have to give the trans-orange piece a coat of clear red nail polish though, to make it red.

•The white cone should be swapped out for a white cheese slope, it would look more accurate to the speaker in the pic.

54200.png

Also, maybe replace the 2 panel pieces under the serving window with two [1x2 rail plates] so it's less bulky and it shows more of the textured bricks behind.

32028.png

Edited by Henchmen4Hire