4h9kpt.jpg

Hey there guys!

I finally got myself an S-brick, i wanted to test it out so i built this go-kart.

Functions:

- 2 gears gearbox

- auto clutch

- braking system

- differential

The vehicle turned out to be pretty fast and with a great handling, unfortunately i need to wait some better weather to shoot a video of it and a bigger place as well.

Like in a real kart there's no reverse gear so i'll probably need something like a parking lot to test it out.

The gearbox is working great with the buttons of the S-brick operating the M motor

I hope you'll like it!

9pxf01.jpg

2x5g.jpg

5yvqz4.jpg10nb12w.jpg

2cd8jsi.jpg

For something to test out the SBrick, it looks pretty nice and has a surprising amount of functions.

I just wish I could justify buying enough LEGO electronics to make something like this. But all in all it would be over 100 euro's just for that alone.

Nice to see how that clutch is integrated since it's not on a bike wheel now. Is the braking system done using the rear servo applying pressure to the clutch wheel?

With your gearbox, do you think gearing it up instead of down would be possible since it's such a light model?

I had to smile imagining this as an official set, because it would have about 200 parts with over €200 of electronics :tongue: (and you had to add those yellow panels didn't you?)

Cant wait for the video! I think a smooth tennis court would be great for testing this. Hope the wheels hold on in the corners!

Nice to see how that clutch is integrated since it's not on a bike wheel now. Is the braking system done using the rear servo applying pressure to the clutch wheel?

With your gearbox, do you think gearing it up instead of down would be possible since it's such a light model?

I had to smile imagining this as an official set, because it would have about 200 parts with over €200 of electronics :tongue: (and you had to add those yellow panels didn't you?)

Cant wait for the video! I think a smooth tennis court would be great for testing this. Hope the wheels hold on in the corners!

thank you :P

yeah i was thinking the same there's over 200€ of electronics lol

by the way the motor is geared 1:1 in first gear and 2:1 in second.

you've got it right, the braking system pushes a rubber beam on the clutch gear, it was the lightest and most efficient way of making it and i didn't expect it to be that strong!

as there's the clutch having the proportional control for the throttle didn't make much sense so i made a custom controller and compared to the standard ones it's

more comfortable.

The steering is still proportional tho

here's the scheme!

1j97iw.jpg

i hope ill be able to shoot a video as soon as possible because i wanna start studying bikes :P

i've seen videos on youtube with no counterweights for rc bikes, wich means that proportional control is enough to balance them... it will take some practice tho i guess XD

Wow, you are one of those people who do put effort in a test model for something. Awesome!

Very nice Go-Kart! Lots of function in a small package. I particularly like how the battery box is placed to look like the Kart motor. Great style! Congrats on another great project!

Andy D

can't wait to see video!