Sign in to follow this  
rodiziorobs

[M - F03] Claim ticket

Tags: none

Another week that's story-heavy despite being light on build. Enjoy!

After weeks of searching, Jex was no closer to finding Scorpio's sister than she had been at the funeral. She had to make sure that his remaining belongings reached his next of kin. It only amounted to a few books and journals, along with some claim tickets for some things still in MANTIS' possession, but in Jex's mind they weren't legally hers, and she sure as heck didn't want them, anyway.

Because she was technically still on medical leave, Jex was able to go anywhere in Andromeda that was currently under MANTIS' control; her search had led her through several gate jumps to here, Forring.

She was after the MSS Strata, a supply ship that was engaged in an operation in Forring's atmosphere. MANTIS supply ships were versatile, designed to reinforce a number of possible MANTIS operations in any circumstance, including mining, spying, piracy, troop and material transport, and war. Jex wasn't exactly sure what she would be finding here, but one of Scorpio's claim tickets stated that he had a possession that was currently held aboard the Strata. Maybe whatever it was would hold the clue to help her continue her search.

After some asking around, she found the claims desk--or at least, the closest thing to it.

"I am here to redeem this claim stub, and pick up whatever it is for. Says here the location is MSS Strata B68 #P-C04-k2."

28157266891_8f7d10954a_c.jpgMinifig(s) on a Plate. by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

"B68, you say?"

"Yes, #P-C04-k2. Do you have it?"

"Yeah, lady, but if it's down in B-block then it ain't what you seem to think it is. That ain't no normal claim stub you got there."

"What do you mean?"

"Come down with me and see for yourself. We'll have to call them to let them know we're coming..."

(...to be continued...)

I should have done this earlier, but I got a new photo setup. Bought a Daylight LED and poster board at WalMart for less than $5. I always thought it would be so much more expensive, which is why I put it off :facepalm::wall:

The above photo hasn't been altered at all. C&C welcome.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Nice little build! I like the use of the minifig plates on the front of the desk. The photos look much better. I personally don't use a white background, just because the white turns out horrid for me. :sceptic:

Nice build. :classic: Can't wait to see what the claim is for.....

Interesting story development. :look: Can't wait to see what the claim ticket leads her to find! :grin:

The build is nice.It fulfills its purpose, and certainly looks the part of a stuffy bureaucratic ticket claim on a massive ship. And the figure behind the counter is perfect too! :laugh:

Great photography! I had no idea a daylamp could be that cheap... maybe I should drop into my local Walmart.... Any chance you have a link to the type you got?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Ha ha! Thanks for the comments on the build! Given that it is not much more than a fig on a plate I was only expecting comments on the photo quality (as opposed to my usual quality...go back and look if you want...it's occasionally hideous!)

@Dannylonglegs

Here is the bulb on WM's website, but I found it in-store. The picture says 40w but it is actually a 60w equivalent.

My Lego room is literally a cupboard under the stairs, with a single bulb. I use an old ice cream bucket--#2 HDPE seems to work well--to diffuse the light, and since the bulb is LED it generates practically zero heat (although I'll never leave it on unattended). The pics below show how it looks and lights up the room, maybe I'll put the fluorescent back in for comparison. I really am amazed at what a difference it makes. Now I hopefully don't have to endure comments like this one (pretty sure it was Sal) again! :wink:

27639869344_c4c94e5426_c.jpgCAM00310 by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

27974244010_94792f18f4_c.jpgCAM00312 by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

Edited by rodiziorobs