Part 4

Interlude

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7 (Finale)

Tags: Vehicle (Micro Chauve-Souris Blanche), Civil Building, Science

Planet: Onix, G10

This is a long one. Sorry in advance.

28222104595_c903d6ecc2_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28118033842_791f4b031f_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28188095696_b1873eef95_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Log Date 686, This is Dr. Danielle Long, recording from my Touch-Down Office in the Virology department of Cerebus Station, Onix. Thanks to the added help from the Axle's forces (and a galaxy-renowned geneticist recruited by our CEO) Dr. Martenz's efforts manufacturing a vaccine for the Oni-Ren disease Black-Eye have been accelerated exponentially. We've worked days and night on this project... figuratively and literally. The planet's rotation around its sun is quick compared to Earth's or Farmolis's.... We have arrived at a final product that is 99.8% successful in producing near-immediate positive immune response in Oni-Shu test subjects. Today, we inoculate our first Oni-Ren test subject. Ba'al Ba'al Jinks has volunteered for the honour. I expect results by the end of the day."

Later

28144398341_908ddc75bf_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Martenz: "Danielle, we've done it."

Dr. Long: "Has our specimen already begun to demonstrate immunity?"

Dr. Martenz: "Yes. Yes it has... I mean, she has. Ba'al Ba'al has."

Dr. Long: "Go on?"

Dr. Martenz: "Well, thanks to the miraculously quick immune responses demonstrated by much of this planet's multi-cellular life, we can confirm that Ba'al Ba'al is immune to the Black-Eye virus."

Dr. Long: "Excellent."

28187994226_80feaa66ce_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Martenz: "I present to you... the future."

Dr. Long: "No need to be dramatic, Dr. Martenz, it's a vaccine, not the Fountain of Youth. Ba'al Ba'al. how do you feel?"

Ba'al Ba'al Jinks: "Messa be thinkin' youssa hoomans be havin' a sayin' for dis. Oh, yeah! 'ain't no fleas on messa!"

Dr. Long: "How apropos. Well done. Dr. Martenz. how long before we can conduct a larger operation? Are there any other natives willing to work with us? To prove to the Queen of the Gongen Empire that the Vaccine works?"

Dr. Martenz: "As a matter of fact, there is a tribe of Oni-Ren willing to deal with us. The Nan-Nan tribe just south of the empire, on who's land we currently reside, have been eagerly awaiting the vaccine. They are a small band of people, who's population has been devastated by the plague. They are a mercantile people, and more likely than not introduced the infection to the Empire themselves, but that's neither here nor there. We will begin the outreach stage of the Vaccine productions later this week."

Dr. Long: "You will start now. Take as many men as you need. I want results, not more delays."

Dr. Martenz: "Um... OK, yes. We will begin today. I'll send a representative to the Chieftan post-haste."

Dr. Long: "Excellent. There is much work to be done yet, but we've made great progress. I have arranged a meeting with Queen Bawa San. I need all the pieces in place before then to ensure her compliance. I have other business to attend now. Good work. Touch back with me later when the process is in motion."

Later.

27941118900_a422200d4c_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28117930642_9afe39b122_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Jebediah O'Reilly: "Dr. Long."

Dr. Long: "Mr. O'Reilly."

Jebediah: "You rang?"

27606219483_d867d81597_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Long: "I did. I called for your assistance because we're facing a recalcitrant and dogmatic adversary. We have developed a functional vaccine for the Oni-Ren's Black-Eye plague, but yet I cannot be sure that the Oni-Ren Queen will acquiesce to our attempts to aid them. She is letting her people die by not allowing us to assist, and I have reason to believe her ignorant belief system will persist even when I present her with hard evidence of our vaccine's efficacy."

Jebediah: "And what can I do about that? Do you want me to kill her?" :sarcasm:

Dr. Long: "No. Lord Business no... Think about PR! No... But I want you to do a little digging. Dig up some dirt on the empire if you can. I want to know about anything from minority oppression, to technological suppression. I want to know how the people are treated, both within and without the empire. I want to know who supports the Queen and why... And I would like to know as soon as possible."

Jebediah: "That sounds doable. And what do you expect to accomplish with this information?"

Dr. Long: "Knowledge is power, Mr. O'Reilly. And another issue as well. Dr. Martenz has taken a local under his wing. Ba'al Ba'al Jinks. I'd like to know more about her. She was an exiled political dissident. I want to know her ideals and methods... and her ambitions."

Jebediah: "I think I understand. Sounds like a plan."

Dr. Long: "And be careful. I hear the Oni-Ren are occasional sentient-eaters."

Jebediah: "I'm a trained professional. I think I can handle a few cannibals." :wink:

27605833584_990d380879_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Several Days Later...

28221609605_c9d7b80bb1_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Lawyers: "Waxler and McGrill, Lawyers at law."

Mrs. McGrill: "If the shoe don't fit..."

Mr. Waxler: "...You must acquit!"

Lawyers: "We're your legal council!"

Dr. Long: "Ok, fine."

Lawyers: "Legal Council: Because sometimes people say things that Octan doesn't want them to say!"

Mrs. McGrill: "And that's where we come in!"

Mr. Waxler: "No comment is a good comment!"

Dr. Long: "I get the picture. Let's get prepared to meet Queen Bowa San."

28117771732_f700d8936e_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Long: "This is our Translator, Ba'al Ba'al jinks. She's an Oni-Ren, as you can tell."

Mrs. McGrill: "Hey cutie."

Ba'a' Ba'al Jinks: "Hewo, Messa Ba'al Ba'al Jinks."

Dr. Long: "Alright, then, if everything is in order, then we can get started."

28117731022_59f664ea21_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Later, in Queen Bowa San's Palace, in the Gongen Empire's capital....

27940779420_80a441199f_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

28117578102_cb251133f5_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Bishop: [in her own language. Old.] You now stand before the Queen, divine regent of our people, and actor of our Gods' will.

Ba'al Ba'al: "Customary Greeting."

Queen Bowa San: [in her own language] "You offworlders have brought Ba'al Ba'al Jinks into my palace? This is an insult."

Ba'al Ba'al: "Shessa be sayin' wessa not being welcome."

Dr. Long: "As expected. Inform her that we come in peace."

Ba'al Ba'al: [in Oni-Ren common] "We come in peace."

Queen Bowa San: [in Oni-Ren] "Did you come in peace when you flew an offworlder vessel into my summer palace's tower? I think not. But speak. I will hear your demands since you came so far to my abode... But do not assume that I will sign any treaties with those creatures."

Ba'al Ba'al: "Shessa gonna hear us out."

Dr. Long: "Good. Inform her that we have developed a medicine that will render its recipient immune to the Black Eye Plague. Tell her that we will provide all Oni-Ren with this 'vaccine' if she lets us work with them. We can help her people. Improve their way of life and living conditions... And we ask very little in return."

Ba'al Ba'al: [in Oni-Ren] "My friends can cure the plague. They can help our people. Our old way of life is inferior to theirs. They will bring us into the light of a thousand suns, and all they ask is our cooperation. Please, your highness, our people are dying and suffering."

Queen Bowa San: "How do I know you are telling the truth."

Ba'al ba'al: "I have received it, as has the Nan-Nan tribe."

Queen Bowa San: "The Nan-Nan tribe is our enemy! They are untrustworthy barbarians."

Ba'al Ba'al: "We can give the cure to the Empire too. You just need to cooperate with us!"

Queen Bowa San: "What does cooperation entail?"

Ba'al Ba'al: "Shessa wanna know what we want."

Dr. Long: Excellent. Ba'al Ba'al, tell her what I'm saying."

28117506312_f269b3777f_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"This is a holographic representation of your planet, Queen Bowa San."

27940515880_81bd7f29b9_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"And this is where your empire lies. On the North Pole of the planet our people refer to as Onix."

27940460550_45df1ca6ea_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Let me zoom in on that. There we go."

27605314384_245edd7a9e_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"I have magnified the location on this holographic map of the richest copper veins not only on your world, but in the entire galaxy. Copper is not a common commodity in this galaxy. It has long since been removed from most planets in the galaxy... long before we humans arrived here. But your planet has a vast reserve of Copper, and our corporation desperately requires this mineral.

In exchange for our technological assistance, and freely distributed vaccine, we would humbly request to share a portion of this land that we may mine for copper here. Our sources indicate that the land is undeveloped 'hunting land.' We would be able to work here without disturbing the wildlife or whatever hunting expeditions are conducted here. We could have a beneficial relationship."

Ba'al Ba'al: Translates.

28143453031_783d4a66be_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Queen Bowa-San: "No."

Dr. Long: "What?!"

Queen Bowa San: "No. [in her Language] You plague-walkers have brought death to my people through your insidious disease, and now expect to rob my domain of our land and treasures in exchange for the cure?"

Lawyers: "Octan denies any responsibility for spreading the illness. There is inadequate evidence to suggest any culpability on our behalf."

Queen Bowa San: "Insult after insult. The OId ways are tried and true. Tradition has defined our culture and saved us from the occupation of the Zoid. Our ways are the ways of the gods. You and your human masters will destroy our people and destroy our culture more assuredly than a plague might. Tell these demonic creatures that I will not kowtow to their wishes, and I will not abide by their presence on my planet. You will leave at once."

Ba'al Ba'al: "Thissa not good. She 'a sayin' wessa gotta go."

Dr. Long. "Damnation. Tell the Queen that we offer her a bounty. Peace, Prosperity, and Plenty. An end to illness, and an end to war if she desires. Octan can be a powerful ally, but an even more powerful enemy. Tell her she's making a mistake."

Lawyers: "Don't translate that powerful enemy part."

Ba'al Ba'al: "messa no be thinkin' wessa have time to translate any of that."

28187199316_b3fd540145_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Queen Bowa-San: "Go."

27605121274_021de47255_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Later...

28188095696_b1873eef95_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Log date 690, this is Dr. Danielle Long recording from Cerebus station, Onix. Negotiations with Queen Bowa San went horribly. I hate dealing with Ignorant, uncooperative creatures..."

Earlier...

28118107902_45f4f48538_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Martenz: "I'm sorry about the accommodations. We don't have many Touch-Down offices in the station. It's Mostly labs."

Dr. Long: "I've had worse. At least this hallway is not directly under an Air-Ventilation unit."

Dr. Martenz: "And, I'm sorry too about the view. There's not much to look at. Just rocks and ash clouds. Octan could make this planet great."

Dr. Long: "We will. When the Oni-ren learn to move past their archaic xenophobia and isolationism, then they may share in our wealth and advanced technology and benefit from our generosity. We can help them... they just have to let us... "

Comments and critiques are, as always, more than welcome. Any hints on photographing black?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Great build and fantastic story. Loving the NPU as well- crowbars, stud shooters, transparent shields... Great stuff! :wub:

Really great story and I love the office. You did well with keeping the Oni-Ren looking similar but also unique individually. They are likely going to regret pissing off Dr. Long.

Great build and fantastic story. Loving the NPU as well- crowbars, stud shooters, transparent shields... Great stuff! :wub:

Thanks! :grin: I think the crowbar idea is something I came up with independently, but the shield as holo-screen I must credit to EpsilonETA, who's elegant and simple interiors were a direct inspiration to this one.... Although the exterior shot was slightly inspired by one of Sal's earlier builds.

Really great story and I love the office. You did well with keeping the Oni-Ren looking similar but also unique individually. They are likely going to regret pissing off Dr. Long.

Thanks! :grin: Glad you like that! I hope to give them a personality and appearance of alien culture... but yes... Not many people piss off Dr. Long without getting their comeuppance.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Love the story, can't wait for the next part! Great office too......with a view (window) and no very large loud air vents or steep stairs to climb.... :grin:

Love that micro ship in the beginning! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thanks! Aside from the (utterly invisible :cry_sad:) wall behind the Oni-Ren Queen, that took the longest to figure out! :laugh:

Love the story, can't wait for the next part! Great office too......with a view (window) and no very large loud air vents or steep stairs to climb.... :grin:

Thanks! :grin:

Glad you caught the reference. :wink::grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Love the MOC, stupid question though, what's the "Jaw piece" on the Aliens?

Love the MOC, stupid question though, what's the "Jaw piece" on the Aliens?

Not a stupid question at all! The "jaw" is the Snake Skull Helmet

6097210.jpg

It's found in the recent Ninjago sets. I got a lot from this set on sale

0673419229661_p2_v3_s550x406.jpg

The eyes are just the eyes from the mixels. If you want to feature Oni-Ren in your story, just send me a pm. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I love those aliens! Great to see Dr. Long back to her normal self. I can't wait to see her next move with those ignorant creatures.

Great office too. Maybe Spacer Steve should wing by for a visit! :devil:

Edited by SpacerSteve

I love those aliens! Great to see Dr. Long back to her normal self. I can't wait to see her next move with those ignorant creatures.

Great office too. Maybe Spacer Steve should wing by for a visit! :devil:

Thanks! :grin: She's definitely back. Won't hear too many monologs from her for some time. :wink: meanwhile the storyline is about to get hot the week after this week's build. If you want a preview, this Week's build will be called "The Bright Light of Civilization," and the next will be "And Clouds of White."

And here's a pic. :grin:

27604854874_10d3e283a2.jpg

You're more than welcome to. I'm sure you and Dr. Long will meet eventually anyways. :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

If you want to feature Oni-Ren in your story, just send me a pm. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

As fun as it would be, Captain Mesabi is on the other side of the galaxy, fighting MANTIS. Thanks for the offer though. :classic: