Sign in to follow this  
Legostone

[ESl - CH3A] So close and yet so far...

"I know everyone else is out exploring for the fountain of youth! You know I don't have the time for that! But I did send a few of my men out to find it and bring me a bottle of that very precious water! Let's hope the map that was sold to me was correct!"

Somewhere, on another island, deep inside a cave system:

"The map says we've found it, but the only thing I'm seeing is a bunch of dead people!"

"We shouldn't have trusted that guy selling that map, but at least it should help us to find out of here!"

(Third guy appears through another hole in the cave)

"Have you looked up? I know why the map was that cheap. It might be the fountain of youth, but it is not reachable behind that giant crystal in the ceiling!"

(Looking up)

"We were ordered to find the fountain of youth and try to bring some water home. I think we have done what we can, or does either of you want to end up like our friends here?"

"You are right, let us get out of here quickly!"

So, this is the story how the fountain of youth was found by the men of Monezterrel. Too bad they didn't succeed reaching it...

Here are the pictures of the cave system:

27600718093_190e9ca109_c.jpg

28181812966_e515c9e397_c.jpg

______

I don't think I'll ever build a cave starting from the top again. It was annoying, too say the least.

Good entry Legostone !

The cave is nicely done, but why did you started it by the top ?

It seems possible to begin such cave and rock formations from the floor, isn't it ?

Good work !

Very cool cave! Starting it from the top does sound difficult; I wouldn't have thought of doing it that way. But the effort paid off in fantastic results. Well done!

Good entry Legostone !

The cave is nicely done, but why did you started it by the top ?

It seems possible to begin such cave and rock formations from the floor, isn't it ?

Good work !

Thanks!

The Problem lies in ending up with the inverted slopes at the top - I wanted them arranged in a certain way, which would have required me to align the bottom section exactly to it, which would have made this a quite a bit more difficult to build.

Very cool cave! Starting it from the top does sound difficult; I wouldn't have thought of doing it that way. But the effort paid off in fantastic results. Well done!

Thanks!

The effort on that rockwork certainly paid off, looks great. And yeah, all those skeletons should definitely be a warning sign.

The effort on that rockwork certainly paid off, looks great.

Agreed, that is some very nice rock work!

Legostone, great build, but just a little tip: start your rockwork from the ground! :wink:

'This build is awesome' says my youngest daughter. 'But why build it from the top down?'

My elder daughter comments 'It was a very interesting story, but how come the skeletons died? Surely nobody would be stupid enough to just sit there until they died?'

Legostone, maybe you could answer these penetrating questions for us.

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

The effort on that rockwork certainly paid off, looks great. And yeah, all those skeletons should definitely be a warning sign.

Thanks!

Agreed, that is some very nice rock work!

Thanks!

Legostone, great build, but just a little tip: start your rockwork from the ground! :wink:

Haha, maybe next time :P

'This build is awesome' says my youngest daughter. 'But why build it from the top down?'

My elder daughter comments 'It was a very interesting story, but how come the skeletons died? Surely nobody would be stupid enough to just sit there until they died?'

Legostone, maybe you could answer these penetrating questions for us.

Thanks! I wanted to keep the shape of the crystal in the ceiling without having to build towards it; I think if I had done it differently I would have run into trouble actually reaching it in a satisfying way;)

To the second question - well, apparently some of the earlier finders had a very hefty discussion, so the one on the wall has been murdered, as well as the one on the floor. The last one got stuck trying to get through a small gap. It might also be that there are dangerous animals roaming through those caves - which might explain the remains on the side.

Thanks for the clarification. The girls are asleep now but I will up date them in the morning.

On a personal note, I forgot to say how much liked that second photo with its 'minfig-eye view'. Its really 'Indiana Jones'

Nice looking cave system, Legostone. While I find it a bit hard (on my phone) to identify the crystal and the fountain, I really like the dramatic look of the minifigure perspective photos. Well done.