Hi everybody !

So today, I'm really happy to present you the car I've worked on day and night for the last 3 weeks : a Porsche 919 Hybrid, my dream Porsche !

28089973551_5fab3e7677_b.jpg

So the model features :

- Direction with a HOG and a working steering wheel

- Independent suspension on each axle

- Realistic door opening mechanism

- 4 speed sequential gearbox

- V4 fake engine with turbo.

The design :

I worked a lot on the design, trying to make it look as close as the real model.

28089971521_5f096eb1e1_b.jpg

27886841560_eb1a8b03bd_b.jpg

27552619284_581872b6c5_b.jpg

Functions :

Front suspension are done like this :

27552813644_3fb9472785_b.jpg

This system allow a small travel and it lets enough space to place the gear rack just under the shock absorber, so the front axle is really compact.

The door are opened by a simple mechanism using 6L links.

27552618344_1eb65b72f4_b.jpg

27552617194_a0bdbe71fb_b.jpg

The most important function is the 4 speed sequential gearbox. It use NLF77 shifting system, slithy modified to make it smaller, like so :

28134344816_d421e1bdbd_b.jpg

The V4 engine is just above the gearbox, to save some space. The gearbox is not really special, except the fact that the 2 driving rings aren't close to each other ( a bit like the 42056, except the fact that it works )

27886844900_0c037ebcbe_b.jpg

27886843770_e0c393e6f2_b.jpg

27556365404_96d63b508d_b.jpg

Full flickr gallery : https://www.flickr.c...157669736641790

Video :

Edited by Charbel

This looks absolutely incredible and I love the way you film and edit your videos!

Work of art! It looks like the real thing. You have worked hard those three weeks. You should be proud of the result.

Good luck with it.

H :thumbup:

What an outstanding model! Beautiful work capturing the external shape and styling, especially with those vents on the side and rear. The cockpit area is also very nicely shaped, with a clever door mechanism. The engine and gearbox are impressive too. I also quite like the detachable rather than hinged rear engine cover. How many points of contact for its removal?

One query though: Doesn't that front suspension geometry place a lot of stress on those 4L liftarms?

Fantastic build.

Great design. It makes it very life-like.

I see lots of inspired elements ;-)

Looks fantastic, and love the motor + gearbox! :wub:

Would look amazing in pair with Steph77's LMP1, which was my favorite supercar, but as seems, I have two of them now. :sweet:

Thanks you all for your comments !

I am really happy to see that you have liked it !

@jorgeopesi : I actually was really lucky because school ended the day the contest was announced. I had just to do a traineeships for a week, so I had nothing special to do for 3 weeks and the whether was bad here in Paris . I worked on the model between 3 and 10 hours per day. Not that fast finally.

@BrickMonkeyMOCs There is absolutely no stress on these liftarms ! It works really smoothly.

Great... this car was on my to-build list, I guess I can take it off again...

Anyhow, great model, I love how aggressive it looks. Great use of panels and flex axles to get the shape you need. Great job! :)

Beautiful work on the design, lines are just perfect!

I like how compact the front suspension setup is.

I actually was really lucky because school ended the day the contest was announced. I had just to do a traineeships for a week, so I had nothing special to do for 3 weeks and the whether was bad here in Paris . I worked on the model between 3 and 10 hours per day. Not that fast finally.

Thank you for say it now I feel faster :laugh: , I usually build 1 or 2 hours per day and when my small children want :grin: . One more thing I see a 27 studs wide car, I always build in 25 studs or less using 8880 wheels to get real proportions, are these LM cars so wide?.

My first reaction to this car was Wow! Clean lines and it just looks really fast and mean. :thumbup:

Nice Porsche, at least the one I like most of all recently posted and I think it has real potential to win this race :thumbup: ! I like the clean techniques and the black / white color scheme. I think it´s worth to put on some stickers as indicated on the first picture - they give just the right finish on a race car.

You are a very talented builder and that camera match trick you use on your videos is top notch and very stylish. I envy your skills man :classic:

Looks fantastic, and love the motor + gearbox! :wub:

Would look amazing in pair with Steph77's LMP1, which was my favorite supercar, but as seems, I have two of them now. :sweet:

I felt this too.

Thanks for all your comments !

I went for a 27 studs wide car because I think it's the best size for LMP1. These car are actually pretty big and low, with small wheels compared to the rest of the vehicle.

My car is 63 studs long, aprox 50cm and 22 cm wide. On the blueprint, we see 455x190, so if the car is 27 studs wide it should be 64 studs wide approximately. 42039 is a bit shorter I think.