Sign in to follow this  
ExoBuilder

8654 review.

I finally got this big beast for Christmas. I have modified parts of it, so I'll give you all a review.

The massive DSS ( Thanks *yoda* )

ferrari_1.jpg

The minifigs., nothing fancy here. Note there's 4 of the guy in the middle.

ferrari_2.jpg

The beautiful truck! *wub*

ferrari_3.jpg

Oh look who's driving...Me with my apple and cup of coffee.

ferrari_4.jpg

The massive trailer.

ferrari_5.jpg

Here it is compared to a supercool minifig X-D .

ferrari_6.jpg

Here it is compared to my 7998. The pics can't do this justice.

ferrari_7.jpg

Inside the trailer. Look who it is, Mr. Mandalorian, Mister Phes, Phred, and my rabbit!

ferrari_8.jpg

And in the back is Batbrick and his cat.

ferrari_9.jpg

here's the trailer attached.

ferrari_10.jpg

The instruction book.

ferrari_11.jpg

I would definetely recommend this set to anyone. Even if you don't like Ferrari, and I don't!

Thanks to Batbrick, Mr. Mandalorian, Mister Phes and Phred! *y*

Edited by Exobuilder

Nice review, but I see you forgot one sig-fig. ;-) I saw this thing up close and personal when I visited dragonator, and it is impressive! It has to be big to hold a car inside it, as well as tools and wheels and what-not. The only downfall to this set is the stickers. X-D

~Peace

Nice review, but I see you forgot one sig-fig. ;-) I saw this thing up close and personal when I visited dragonator, and it is impressive! It has to be big to hold a car inside it, as well as tools and wheels and what-not. The only downfall to this set is the stickers. X-D

~Peace

I'm sorry I forgot one, maybe if he had a more versatile head I wouldn't have forgotten :-|

This is one of my absolute favorites, it's so large! *wub*

The stickers in this set are horrible! God forbid, they even included torso stickers :-X :'-( |-/

I like the look of that truck... looks really big and impressive. I even considered getting it for a while... (but Lack of spare room talked me out of it...)

But WTF!! Torso stickers???! Yuurgh :-X that's a ruiner for me... Do all the ferrari sets have those?

ey! the review is up!

how did you get the driver of the truck to have his cap on? :)

All you need to do is take the 2x2 out under the seats then the 2x1 smooth black tiles off then walla, they fit!

I like the look of that truck... looks really big and impressive. I even considered getting it for a while... (but Lack of spare room talked me out of it...)

But WTF!! Torso stickers???! Yuurgh :-X that's a ruiner for me... Do all the ferrari sets have those?

It's a really nice truck, I recommend it once you find some space. Yes, torso stickers are a ruiner. I don't know if all the other sets have those....I hope not :-X :-/

yes, all other ferrari sets have torso stickers :(

thanks exo! works great! :) what other parts have you modified?

Edited by adik_sa_lego

yes, all other ferrari sets have torso stickers :(

thanks exo! will try it out now :)

Oh, that's a shame *sad*

PM me and tell me how it turned out! :'-)

I have the ferrari pitstop set, and, yes, as far as I know, all ferrari sets have torso stickers.

Nice review by the way, but I have other things on my list before this set :-P

...I have other things on my list before this set :-P

Tisk tisk, I would suggest getting this soon, you never know when Lego will be sold out and will stop selling them.

Good review, Exobuilder. :-)

Torso stickers... torso...stickers.... :-X

Will

Great review of the set Mr. Builder. *y*

I've gotten the ferarri spider for 15 USD and was very surprised how many useful bricks there were.

I would never have been able to make antique fire truck w/out it. X-D

I didn't use any of the stickers in that set, and if i were to get this set, i probably wouldn't use any of the stickers.

Oh look who's driving...Me with my apple and cup of coffee.

Yeah can't go anywhere w/out my apple and coffee. :-D

Inside the trailer. Look who it is, Mr. Mandalorian, Mister Phes, Phred, and my rabbit!

It was great back there in the trailer. X-D

I got to hang out w/ Mr. Phes, Mr. Mandalorian, and pet a bunny. *y*

Very spacious for a lego trailer. :-)

But WTF!! Torso stickers???!

WTF? not familiar with that acronym.

Does it mean Why That Fig? ;-)

P

Edited by phred

1(Great review of the set Mr. Builder. *y*

2(Yeah can't go anywhere w/out my apple and coffee. :-D

3(It was great back there in the trailer. X-D

I got to hang out w/ Mr. Phes, Mr. Mandalorian, and pet a bunny. *y*

Very spacious for a lego trailer. :-)

4(WTF? not familiar with that acronym.

Does it mean Why That Fig? ;-)

P

1(Last time I checked, my name was ExoBuilder, but Mr.Builder works just as well!

2(Correction: MY coffee and apple! :-P

3(Sometime around January5th, you'll be seeing a re-vamped version of it. That is my bunny, you better take good care of him young man, I want him home by 10 o' clock sharp!

4( No, it means What The F**K.

Torso stickers exist?? Was it hard putting them on

?

Yes, sadly they do exist. :-/

No it wasn't hard putting them on, all I had to do was leave them on the sheet! :-P

Oh so your one of those people that leave the stickers off huh.

I put some of the stickers on the truck, just not the gross torso stickers :-X

1(Last time I checked, my name was ExoBuilder, but Mr.Builder works just as well!

Sweet. *sweet*

I've been wanting to call you Mr. Builder for a bit and was wondering how you'd take it. X-D

2(Correction: MY coffee and apple! :-P

3(Sometime around January5th, you'll be seeing a re-vamped version of it. That is my bunny, you better take good care of him young man, I want him home by 10 o' clock sharp!

Ok fine, I'll get my own coffee and apple :-P

Hmm, since i'm not steeling yours, i'll just get a mocha instead. :-D

Bunny home by 10 o'clock, got it. *y*

Oh wait, is that 10 am or 10 pm 8-|

4( No, it means What The F**K.

I know ;-)

I put some of the stickers on the truck, just not the gross torso stickers :-X

I would have left the torso stickers on too.

P

Edited by phred

i think im one of the few people who actually put on the torso stickers (sorry, ferrari set purist haha! but that's one of the reasons im not getting the spider and the 430 challenge, the details themselves are stickers. yuck). it's kinda tricky at first, but you have 6 chances to get it right LOL

Great review of the set Mr. Builder. *y*

I've gotten the ferarri spider for 15 USD and was very surprised how many useful bricks there were.

I would never have been able to make antique fire truck w/out it. X-D

WTF?!?!?! US$15 for the spider!?!?!?! that's a steal!

Sweet. *sweet*

1(I've been wanting to call you Mr. Builder for a bit and was wondering how you'd take it. X-D

2)Ok fine, I'll get my own coffee and apple :-P

Hmm, since i'm not steeling yours, i'll just get a mocha instead. :-D

Bunny home by 10 o'clock, got it. *y*

Oh wait, is that 10 am or 10 pm 8-|

I know ;-)

3)I would have left the torso stickers on too.

P

1) I'd be honored for you to call me that!

2) fine! I'll just get a frappucino. I want him home by 10 PM, unless you buy me a Lego set X-D

3) Well, I didn't put them on, and I probaly won't. I'll find a use for them. :-D

Looks nicer than I thought it was, but those torso stickers will always be a turn off for me :-|

And you forgot another sigfig! I mean I know I'm kinda new, but does everyone have to forget about me :'-( ?

X-D

Edited by Faramir

This was one of the first sets I bought when I came out of the "dark ages".

It's an impressive set with lots of bricks and plates, it looks great on display and the F1 car is really well designed. I also liked the 6 minifigs and all the acessories.

But this set also has some big cons:

The sticker sheet is huge, torso stickers (this was a major disapointment to me) I even write to Lego complaining about that (they agreed and send me an extra sticker sheet as some sort of compensation);

There are some fragile parts in the construction that if you play with it they are always falling (the 1x8 tiles in the side of the cabin, the big tiles that make the doors of the truck trailer fall easily when you open, even the front of the truck falls from time to time);

And the most disturbing thing to me, I dind't realize at first why the driver didn't fit in the cabin, I thought I made a mistake following the instructions, but no, you have to take off the hat to seat him (this is hilarious in such a big truck)

The details in the front of the truck are all made with stickers (grill, headlights...)

Conclusion: I loved the set and I hated it at the same time, it could be a great set if some of this flaws where corrected) but I think it's worth the (sale) price *y*

And I put on the torso stickers, because they wouldn't be Ferrari minifigs without them :-D

The stickers were a huge let down for me, I didn't apply them to the torso.

I agree with you on the unstable part, most of the trailer is unstable, I've been working on that, it just doesn't look too hopeful right now. :-/

I found an easy way to modify the front cab so the minifig can fit, if you wanna know, just PM me.

Ooooooo! Oooooooo! Look! I'm in it!!! I'm in it!!!

Very good Phes! :-D