Alex

[MOC] Modular Building : Book Shop

Hi everyone! :laugh:

I've been a registered member at Eurobricks for quite some time, but this will be my first topic I think

(Yes, you can call me lazy) :tongue:

This is my latest moc, a modular building with a Book Shop and a snack bar on the second floor.

It was first displayed in the Paredes De Coura Fan Weekend, in June, but I only had the time to take "decent" photos now.

27455311404_4307c572bb_z.jpg

It is divided in 4 parts:

27966481792_ba87fe09cd_z.jpg

In the ground floor we have a book shop, with several bookcases and a cash register.

27966482062_c71c5bc799_z.jpg

On the first floor we have a study room, with more bookcases and other elements to help you study, like the globe or tables where you can use your laptop to access to important contents.

27454641533_9450f2c670_z.jpg

On the second floor we have a snack bar where the clients can enjoy a coffee or a ham and cheese toast while reading the local newspapers. There's plenty of food and drinks to choose from. There's a drawer below the counter to put the fresh drinks :wink:

27454639963_f9b241d9d6_z.jpg

27455310384_c232574630_z.jpg

Finally, there's an old attic needing some urgent repairs. It keeps some old or no longer used furniture..and some creepy residents.

27455307064_8ccab1f3b8_z.jpg

You can see more photos here :

I hope you like it and feel free to comment and give ideas to improve it :blush:

Love this!!!!

Great detail, the colours are perfect ( love what you did with the red chair )

Greetings

A bookstore to fall in love with! :classic::thumbup: It looks pretty tiny at first glance, but then, when you look inside, you realize that it makes the best of its space available and that its absolutely enough: great use of space! :classic:

Yes, I was amazed at how you got a staircase in there and yet kept enough room for an intended purpose per floor. Crafty use of space.

Beautiful! I love the white window facades, and the creepy attic is great - a really nice way to cap off a fantastic build. I didn't see one, but is there a cat anywhere? I ask, because cats are very common in small independent bookstores, at least here in the U.S. I'm not certain why that's the case, but I'm an English professor, and spend a lot of time in independent bookstores, and nine times out of ten they have a cat! Excellent build!

Looks very good. I really like the facade with excellent details. The white window surrounds are interesting features. The inside, although cosy looks well planned.

Thank you all for your nice comments :blush:

Beautiful! I love the white window facades, and the creepy attic is great - a really nice way to cap off a fantastic build. I didn't see one, but is there a cat anywhere? I ask, because cats are very common in small independent bookstores, at least here in the U.S. I'm not certain why that's the case, but I'm an English professor, and spend a lot of time in independent bookstores, and nine times out of ten they have a cat! Excellent build!

Actually I did not include a cat on this one...mostly because I almost have no space left :grin:

But I have included so many cats in another modular that I've made...this one :

16665164378_650b1afc14_z.jpg

Olímpio Albano, no Flickr

Nice picture with old woman and cats :) As for the book shop, the armchairs made of mudguards are wonderful.

This is a great build with lots of details crammed into such a small space. I really like the study area, lounge with cafe, and the first floor with all the bookcases. Two questions I had were 1) Why not extend the building a 4-6 studs deeper to give a little more room inside and 2) How is the attic space accessed as I don't see any drop down ladder or other means to get up there. I really like this build a lot and think you did a great job overall, I didn't even mention how beautiful the exterior of the shop is.

Great job! The interior is particularly impressive.

I hope TLG produces a book shop as the next modular!

This is a great build with lots of details crammed into such a small space. I really like the study area, lounge with cafe, and the first floor with all the bookcases. Two questions I had were 1) Why not extend the building a 4-6 studs deeper to give a little more room inside and 2) How is the attic space accessed as I don't see any drop down ladder or other means to get up there. I really like this build a lot and think you did a great job overall, I didn't even mention how beautiful the exterior of the shop is.

Thank you :classic:

Well, regarding 1) , I wanted to keep up with the modular building standards. It's also a good "challenge" to try to fit so many things and details inside :wink:

As for 2), there's a trap door in the attic, similar to the one I used in another modular i made. It's something like this:

16851603752_7e61ee866b_m.jpg

16851603482_6f3b3c6987_m.jpg

I did not include the stairs this time and I used a 30041 + 30042 (Modified plate 6 x 8 Trap Door fram Horizontal + Modified plate 4 x 5 with trap door hinge)

This is an excellent MOC with nice details on every floor of the building.

Very very nice MOC! Must be the best book store modular i've ever seen.

This is gorgeous! Love the framing of the upper windows and the chairs in the snack bar.