After 1 month of building this beast I'm proud to present Dug's build that is completely modular, has 1 l-motor to raise the rear wheels and 2 m-Motors to raise front wheel 5 studs higher, 1 servo for steering and 2 XL motors for drive, working V8 and fan at the engine. Designing and creating this truck was the most satisfying so far.

77 studs long x 39 high x 23 tall (slammed) Weight: 3kg = 6.6 pounds

https://flic.kr/s/aHskCMJtR4

Slammed ride :thumbup:

28083931376_6f30fa372b_b.jpg

100% modular

28083970296_19ff331034_b.jpg

27837623980_cfe8dd3901_b.jpg

Rear air ride

28040440151_1ff76ab989_b.jpg

28040419061_be54932a39_b.jpg

27523299763_eebaa5f2ee_b.jpg28034879552_0875c95ea7_b.jpg

28138713905_a44a70bbd8_b.jpg

27523339723_30b92cd8e4_b.jpg

27523222694_a7ab9efd95_b.jpg28138728475_f6a5ef5243_b.jpg

27523290644_54389e71ce_b.jpg

27523380003_761fc09917_b.jpg

Edited by Lox Lego

Nice work! I really like the lowering and raising of the body. And nice use of all the panels :thumbup:

Wow this is awesome!

Love the lowering and raising off the ride hight.

Cool design with the curved panels, great job!!!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments! We'll be getting some better pics tonight to show a little more of the detail.

Cool suspension mechanism, well done... The wheels seem a little small...aren't they?

Yea the wheels are a little small but 1. I was working with what I have and 2. Those tires worked excellent on functionality but also keeping the bodywork proper.

You need to lower the steering rack by one stud to avoid massive bump steer.

Unfortunately due to the massive raise and drop the steering rack is in the only place it works (trust me I tried haha)

Edited by DugaldIC

I think they can't be any bigger otherwise the slamming function wouldn't work properly. The wheels would touch the fenders.

Yea the wheels are a little small but 1. I was working with what I have and 2. Those tires worked excellent on functionality but also keeping the bodywork proper.

I didn't look that far yet, jumping to conclusions a little to fast...sorry... :blush::wink: Thanks, it makes sense now for sure! :thumbup:

I didn't look that far yet, jumping to conclusions a little to fast...sorry... :blush::wink: Thanks, it makes sense now for sure! :thumbup:

It's all good :) I like all the different views and reviews I get. It always gives me something to consider when working on another build. Thanks

Unfortunately due to the massive raise and drop the steering rack is in the only place it works (trust me I tried haha)

Precisely the reason why it needs to be lower. Make some more detailed pics of that area and we'll re-engineer it to be proper.

Precisely the reason why it needs to be lower. Make some more detailed pics of that area and we'll re-engineer it to be proper.

If it's one lower when the truck drops the steering no longer functions, I know from the pic it looks wrong but I went through every height possibility and where it sits is the only way it worked with the truck raised and dropped. I'll get some more detailed pictures tonight and get them posted up so you can see. I appreciate the help though! :) (with the rack one lower the ball joints pop out everytime when it drops)

The only thing what would actually fix it is an in between length on the tie rods, they should be one longer which would eliminate the strain on the rods themselves once raised and dropped (if you pause the video mid drop when showing how it works you'll see that when the control arms are straight, that the tie rods are at the proper height)

Edited by DugaldIC

What is blocking the movement of the steering at that point?

At full raise and drop due to the control arms being longer than the tie rods the tie rods end up on a steeper angle when maxed out :/! This was my biggest issue but with what I have I unfortunately have no way of correcting it. I'm need a tie rod that's one longer but I don't think they make one

Actually you need tie rods that are 2 studs longer. Your wishbones are 8 studs long. The better sollution here would be to use the 9l steering links. That would minimise the effect. The tie rods need to be paralel to the wishbones/driveshaft. So the steering rack needs to come down by 1 stud in any case. And you need to make it narrower (bring the points where the tie rods attach closer.)

Edited by nicjasno

With keeping the truck 4wd the frame work can't be any narrower hence why I couldn't use any nine length rods as I had originally hopped I could use, as for the rack trust me it is in the only location it will work, the rods are running parallel with the wheel hubs where they need to be, I first thought I needed to lower it as well (so I know what you're getting at :p) but it's in the correct location, I don't know what more to say really.

Without pics of said area i can not comment further. All i see is the front view and there it is clearly too high. :)

Without pics of said area i can not comment further. All i see is the front view and there it is clearly too high. :)

Pictures have been added ;) creep away

I see the problem now. Indeed the only thing saving you would be longer steering links. Or shorter wishbones.

I'll give it a shot to see how it works before I tear it down, interesting fix!

Edited by DugaldIC