mortesv

[MOC] 1: 250 Mini UCS Rebel Transport GR-75 [LDD file]

Hi everyone, 

I managed to upload the .lxf file into Bricklink and create a wanted list, however I have never used LDD and was wondering has anyone created a set of instructions I could follow? I'll try my hand at LDD later to see if I can get a handle on it. 

I'm inspired by Mortesv's fleet and plan on starting small and working my way up to the medical frigate. 

Thanks,

Dave

2 hours ago, Davenocheese said:

Hi everyone, 

I managed to upload the .lxf file into Bricklink and create a wanted list, however I have never used LDD and was wondering has anyone created a set of instructions I could follow? I'll try my hand at LDD later to see if I can get a handle on it. 

I'm inspired by Mortesv's fleet and plan on starting small and working my way up to the medical frigate. 

Thanks,

Dave

There's an option in LDD which allows you to create instructions.  Although LDD is not the most logical, and you may need to break down the model into separate sections and build these separately before piecing it together. Read through the thread which provides some guidance on how to best do this.

7 minutes ago, Lahh001 said:

There's an option in LDD which allows you to create instructions.  Although LDD is not the most logical, and you may need to break down the model into separate sections and build these separately before piecing it together. Read through the thread which provides some guidance on how to best do this.

Another member was kind enough to email me the LDD file in three sections so I will review that later, thanks. 

Does anyone have the parts list that they can send me?  I've tried doing the BOM function in LDD for the .lxf file and it keeps crashing LDD.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

Does anyone have the parts list that they can send me?  I've tried doing the BOM function in LDD for the .lxf file and it keeps crashing LDD.

Thanks!

Dropped you a PM. :thumbup:

Can't get the dropbox link to work... And a partslist will be awesome too :P Thanks in advance!

Edit: The dropbox was a success now only will need a partslist if someone can pass it? :D

Edited by KillerRu

I have everything but the 4275/4276 hinges which are hard to find. Is there a suitable substitute for these?

Thanks,

Matt

Just now, MattVa said:

I have everything but the 4275/4276 hinges which are hard to find. Is there a suitable substitute for these?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

you can use light gray instead of light bluish gray.

Fuchs

Found and ordered the light grey. Thank you so much.

This is my first time using bricklink and trying something not in a "Kit"

Very excited, I remember the transports leaving HOTH when I saw ESB when it came out

Matt

Edited by MattVa

Thanks, I found them in l. grey, the old color I couldn't find was the ingot (99563) in metallic, I will use the grey ones as they are plenty.

I can't begin to thank the creator of this wonderful piece and his willingness to share. Even more he continues to offer support and advice.

- Matt

I finished building this a few weeks ago.  It was a very smooth build until you get to the underside greebling.  My advice is take your time and don't be in a hurry to finish it.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:08 AM, sandtrooper said:

I finished building this a few weeks ago.  It was a very smooth build until you get to the underside greebling.  My advice is take your time and don't be in a hurry to finish it.

I have been reviewing the LDD file backwards and forwards, seems like starting around step 230 seems to be a good place for the inner structure, working forward, then go back from there for majority of greebling. 

For LDD I removed the clear window stands as it seems to make in much easier to review and manipulate the model in LDD.

I am just waiting for my last pack of pieces to arrive. 

Hopefully this weekend I can start on it, I will definitely have The Empire Strikes Back on in the background for motivation.

Again thanks for the MOC/advice and tips, it really is appreciated.

Matt

12 hours ago, Basamendt said:

I can’t download the instructions help me

Hè  ceeps saying That hè can’t open the file

Please

Could you post a picture/screenshot of the error message?

Do you have Lego Digital Designer? You have to install that first. Then open the .lfx file using that program. LDD is available for free from the lego website.

18 hours ago, TWP said:

Could you post a picture/screenshot of the error message?

Do you have Lego Digital Designer? You have to install that first. Then open the .lfx file using that program. LDD is available for free from the lego website.

IT worked could you send the part list please

Edited by Basamendt

Been a while since using LDD but try this.

LDD comes with the instructions. Upper right corner of Building Guide Mode (F7), then upper left corner Generate HTML building guide. Open it via web browser with javascript on. From there, you can print it to PDF via Adobe Acrobat.

Did you generate the instructions like i described? The parts list is included. If you want the cost of the model, that part list in the instructions can be used by other sites like bricklink to extract the cost.

May i suggest you head over to the LDD forum on this site and you use the search function to help you understand what the programme can do. Trust me, any questions you have will have been asked many times before and answered by folk a lot more skilled than me. Failing that you could just sit down for an evening and play around with LDD. That's how I learnt to use it as its fairly easy to get to grips with.