Sign in to follow this  
mlongworth

Helenia Seamstress Task 4

I really like your tree. It has a well-built trunk, and the foliage is nice and dense. The photos are a little blurry, though, so perhaps taking the pictures in better light might help. I've heard that natural outdoor light is the best for Legos.

A nice vibrant build Mlongworth! Blue is a bold colour choice but it really helps the house to pop against it's background. The house certainly has an interesting shape, with that protruding upper room. I feel like it would look better with some supports underneath it - maybe a couple of arches extending from the ground floor over to some freestanding pillars would work well? The landscaping around the house is nicely done and helps to set the scene.

I would take some more time on your photography, as that is the main thing letting your build down right now. Natural light on a slightly overcast day is perfect for photographing lego. Try to avoid flash or full sunlight as it ends up reflecting off the bricks too much. Concentrate mainly on getting crisp focus and getting your images straight. Also, using a large sheet of paper or cardboard behind your model can really eliminate distraction and minimise the need for photoshopping. There is a lot to learn about photography but these tips will take you a fair way. :classic:

If you work on the presentation and photography a bit more it will really improve how people see the MOC. Better lighting, a tripod, photoshop, any or all of these would really help. There is a new photography section in general discussion that has some good tutorials, I recommend having a look there. :thumbup:

Edited by BrickCurve

Very nice work here, the tree is excellent and I really like the second story window :thumbup: The vine growing up the side of the house is a great touch too :classic: