Sign in to follow this  
ThunderWarrior

Assembly of Peter I

Hello! I'm happy to present you MOC about russian history!

Assembly is a ball of the nobility. Introduced by Peter the Great (emperor of Russia) as a form of meeting in higher society, following the European model. Reigned relaxed atmosphere: either meet or see anyone not required. Guests can play chess, checkers, but mostly amusement considered dances that were to bring together young people, to acquaint women with men. At first the dances were considered extremely immoral entertainment. The participants sat in a silent, shy of each other. All rested on the king, his will, the ability to organize a meeting, came to stir.

And if not for Peter, the Assembly did not come into the tradition. In the evenings there was full equality: everyone could be invited to dance, even the empress and her daughters.

[iS10RO_6-02]_[iL_09]-k.jpg

assamb34532.jpg

gallery_27065_1470_97730.jpg

gallery_27065_1470_75589.jpg

Tsar Peter and empress Catherine.

gallery_27065_1470_71387.jpg

Prince Alexander Menshikov (statesman and highly appreciated associate and friend of Tsar Peter the Great).

gallery_27065_1470_100339.jpg

Piano player.

gallery_27065_1470_148781.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Edited by ThunderWarrior

Great scene, I really like the piano design. I think the tsar's face is a little out of context with the rest of the build- no ones mouth actually looks like that.

Hehe... I used this this head with an ulterior motive. Strangely enough this head looks like original Peter I (this photo from old film “Peter I” (1937)):

40988.jpg

Edited by ThunderWarrior

I LOVE that piano! :wub:

The rest is nice as well, but that piano...