There is a church in Pontelli they call the Church of Zeus.

27417642033_db3f764024_c.jpg

Church service starts daily at 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.

27929069532_200127d176_z.jpg

The priest, Elwood Jake, is especially proud of the lead-glass windows...

27417640093_1482d47b87_c.jpg

.. that make this church so beautiful inside (on a sunny day).

27953675031_088cdb8bf1_c.jpg

It is 7 a.m. now and the priest is getting ready for the ceremony.

27929070852_e944472dfb_c.jpg

More and larger pictures as usual on flickr.

C&C welcome.

I agree with the priest, those lead-glass windows are very beautiful! :wink: The interior of the church/chapel, is great! The outside, well.. I'm not really sure. Especially the tower looks off to me, it might have looked better if you had another 'block' of stone architecture under the spire of the tower (in which you could have placed the statue, maybe). Anyway, I like the priest minifig and good job overall! :thumbup:

The lead-glass windows have a great effect, and great use of SW and Chima pieces on the statue!

Lovely church, which makes me want to experiment with stained glass windows too and bonus points for its priest being a blues brotherpirate_classic.gif pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Littleworlds

I agree with the priest, those lead-glass windows are very beautiful! :wink: The interior of the church/chapel, is great! The outside, well.. I'm not really sure. Especially the tower looks off to me, it might have looked better if you had another 'block' of stone architecture under the spire of the tower (in which you could have placed the statue, maybe). Anyway, I like the priest minifig and good job overall! :thumbup:

Thanks - let's see what can be done about the tower in a future update.

The lead-glass windows have a great effect, and great use of SW and Chima pieces on the statue!

I was lucky with the statue. Usually hair and beard pieces don't go well together.

Lovely church, which makes me want to experiment with stained glass windows too and bonus points for its priest being a blues brotherpirate_classic.gif pir_laugh2.gif

Thanks, yepp, you got it pir_laugh2.gif

Great church, great statue on the roof, and great embedding into the BoBS lore - I love it!

Pontelli really is a cool city.

Great church! I love the stained glass windows, and the last pic looking in through the doors almost has a FP effect. Good use of the micro figs on either side of the door as well. :thumbup:

I agree, the windows are very nice. As is the gothic outside support coloumns (pillars, or whatever the right english word is).

Perhaps the grey flat 2 wide underneath the roof could go the whole length.

Edited by Sir Stig

Great church, great statue on the roof, and great embedding into the BoBS lore - I love it!

Pontelli really is a cool city.

Thanks - yes, Pontelli is pretty fine.

Great church! I love the stained glass windows, and the last pic looking in through the doors almost has a FP effect. Good use of the micro figs on either side of the door as well. :thumbup:

Well, this is just "perspective" pirate_laugh2.gif

I agree, the windows are very nice. As is the gothic outside support coloumns (pillars, or whatever the right english word is).

Perhaps the grey flat 2 wide underneath the roof could go the whole length.

Thanks - and yes, I did not pay any attention to the inner ceiling (until I saw the pictures... pirate_laugh2.gif )

Great build love the design on the inside with the wooden benches and the tinted windows letting in a glimmer of light , but my god that preist gives me the creeps...

Great build love the design on the inside with the wooden benches and the tinted windows letting in a glimmer of light , but my god that preist gives me the creeps...

Ok .. the priest is meant to be a solemn priest of Zeus.

Would you like him to smile?

Nice church Captain !

Those lead glass windows are great !

But I am not sure the priest will find many souls to save in Eslandola, as we are more interested in doubloons than in gods... pir_laugh2.gif

Lovely church Captain Braunsfeld, those stain glass windows are so bright and colourful and would surely be enticing people into the church! The Zeus figure with the lighting rod is really cool as well - great job!

I am not sure if I would feel safe around that priest. Those benches also look really hard. The lead glass and the architecture are so good I would overcome my hesitation to venture inside. I also like the use of the rings on the statues.

Nice church. The overall design makes it look massive but it also works really good at minifig scale, which I often find to be challenging. Good work in that regard.

The stained glass is lovely, especially from inside, and the architecture is nice throughout. Perhaps the dark grey columns would look better if they were consistent in design, but it looks pretty good anyway. And the gleaming white statue is a nice focal point to literally top it all off. Good work and keep it up. :thumbup::classic: