Sign in to follow this  

Hello all,

Today I present my newest MOC: a c model of the 24 Hours Race Car, a Baja 1000 Buggy based off Agrof's Class 1 Unlimited Buggy.

800x450.jpg

It has independent suspension, HoG steering, a seat, lights, and custom stickers. I created the stickers by copying the ones that came with the set, printing them on sticker paper, and cutting them out. The steering has a little bit of toe-in, but it works fine. I also used tires and wheels that didn't come with the set to make it look cooler. :classic: Here are some more pics of the WIP stage and how it looks now:

800x718.jpg640x371.jpg800x530.jpg800x482.jpg800x480.jpg800x480.jpg

Please tell me what you think and have a great day! :wink:

Edit : 1 more picture.800x712.jpg

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Looks really good!

With the street tires it looks futuristic to me.

Looks awesome! I think an improvement might be to raise the front suspension travel. This would obviously give the front end more clearance but also, as the front lifts it would essentially rotate about the rear axle and increase the caster angle of the front wheels because the whole vehicle is rotating backward. I don't know how possible this is, considering you are working with parts from one set only.

Edit: Scratch the jargon RE caster angle. I think the relevant point here is suspension travel and clearance. Maybe some liftarms to lengthen the existing wishbones?

Edited by sacm93

I decided to move the shock absorber to give it more clearance in the front.

The pic is WAY too big for EB, so here is the link. :wink:

I like it with the original wheels better, it looks like a sci-fi-rat-street-rod-buggy-coolness-thing. :classic::thumbup:

Thanks, that's a really nice thing to say. :wink: I might be able to make an LDD file in the coming weeks.

Great C-model to this set, one of these days I will buy that set just to build the other C-models and try my shot of building one :wink: